103F in the shade!

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
OMG, it's 103f according to the thermometer I got outside in the shade! :oops:

So of course I'm doing heavy labor ripping out my living room carpet... :rolleyes:

You silly americans, use a temperature scale that people can understand! :LOL: 103 degrees makes no sense to someone outside the north american continent, rather, we tend to think of steaming boiling water and such when talking about those temps. :p

I thought this whole Fahrenheit thing was an Anglo thing, but we have several Brits at work and they are all more comfortable with Celsius (I've asked).

@ the topic: I wouldn't last very long in that heat without killing myself. I like it cold, 22 C max.

Well for you celsiusheads it peaked out at around 45C today.

I was drenched with sweat by the time I got my carpet & padding ripped and out, and I don't even have the energy yet to cook myself dinner. :?

digitalwanderer said:
Well for you celsiusheads it peaked out at around 45C today.

I was drenched with sweat by the time I got my carpet & padding ripped and out, and I don't even have the energy yet to cook myself dinner. :?

Excuse me, do you know the humidity too? I'd like to find out the heat index.

blah...we have shitty weather, it was like 16 celsius yesterday... and thunderstorms and rain.... worst summer in years....

CosmoKramer said:
I thought this whole Fahrenheit thing was an Anglo thing, but we have several Brits at work and they are all more comfortable with Celsius (I've asked).

Wikipedia said:
In the United Kingdom, Celsius is the official scale used by the government and the media. It is also the only scale used in British cooking and temperature controllers (for example, room thermostats); however some of the British media still provide Fahrenheit equivalents as some of the British populace still use the Fahrenheit scale. Even so, many that do will still switch to the use of Celsius for low temperatures

The heat is great I go out in my pool and just float around .

I love new jersey . We get the hot and the cold . I just with the hot lasted another month or two

Well i always thought it's more of an image thing, When it's hot, Farenheit makes it look VERY hot, with their 90's and 100's degrees... When it's cold, Celsius makes it look like it's VERY cold, with the 10's and the minus's.

this is what i get for complaining...now its 30 and my air conditioning works overtime.... :?

and it looks like it gonna go up in next days.... grmbl..

Toronto has shitty, SHITTY weather. ~32-35 C in the summer (more like 45 C with the humidity..) and -15 C or so in the winter (more like -35 C with the windchill).

Late September to late November, and then April to May are really the only hospitible months of the year here. Sigh, I get maybe a month or so per year to wear my leather jacket? :(

i dont have a clue what temp it is ehre. but the other week it was really really humid out and i went for a walk with my girlfriend and her husband... it felt wonderful, i LOVE humid heat.

Vysez said:
It is also the only scale used in British cooking and temperature controllers (for example, room thermostats)
That's not really true. Nearly all pre-packaged food that needs oven cooking will come with temperature marked in both Celsius and Fahrenheit. I'd say most people over 40 hear would probably be more used to using Fahrenheit than centigrade.

However, I myself much prefer the Celsius scale, as it's far more easy to imagine how a temperature relates to freezing and boiling points of water. BTW, it's not at all hot here - something like 15c max :(

Guden Oden said:
You silly americans, use a temperature scale that people can understand! :LOL: 103 degrees makes no sense to someone outside the north american continent, rather, we tend to think of steaming boiling water and such when talking about those temps. :p

LMAO!

here in south brazil we're at 13C, and it's still 19h.

the minimum of the month was 1.3C at 6h.

Back