What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
finished Uncharted on Hard, its weird playing this after U2. Its an good game, but seeing all those core mechanics at play without levels where you can use them during fight makes it feel somewhat dull.. almost like a never ending training level. Then there are some ill-fated Sixaxis segments and controls which apparently got forced upon the game at gunpoint.
Naughty Dog really put their previous effort to shame.. next up is U2 on Crushing.

btw, my U1 Thropies are messed up, only got the thropies from my second playthrough :p

Uncharted 2 on crushing is comparable to Uncharted 1 on hard, by the way. You won't have a lot of trouble with that. Can't think of many game with such a drastically improved sequel. I could never go back to U1.

/Looks at list released p.c games can find no mention of any game called uncharted

Comes to conclusion Npl, Sig and Homer need to apologize for such blasphemy....

Gratuitous Space Battles is neat. Good stuff for those who like the fleet battles of 4X games.

Sure U2 is a lot better, but it's not like U1 sucked.

Of course not. It's just that U1, at least in my opinion, is basically just like U2, only worse in every single way. (story, graphics, controls, variety, characters) U2 made the first game kind of obsolete for me. It's just not different enough. (unlike, let's say, Jak & Daxter and Jak2, or Vice City and San Andreas)

@Sigfried1977: yeah, I had no prob running through U2 on hard, this shouldda been the normal difficulty. U1 on hard is very challenging.. and requires taking things slow and defensive.

I've been playing CoD4 and World at War alot lately, which I do every now and then. Plus the MG42 is just such an awesome weapon in any game that has it.

@Sigfried1977: yeah, I had no prob running through U2 on hard, this shouldda been the normal difficulty. U1 on hard is very challenging.. and requires taking things slow and defensive.

Totally agree, and i really enjoyed my "hard" playthrough of UC1 ! It changed the fights so much and you really had to think out the fight before entering an arena. In fact I really liked the design of UC1 with a defined arena and waves of enemies. It sure isn't very innovating but it makes for really fun way to experiment with all the gameplay mechanics in an open-ended fight. Added a lot of replayability as every fight could be fought from a different perspective in each playthrough, something UC2 lacks due to its more linear design and focus on set-pieces. UC2 was a great spectacle, a beautiful adventure, but UC1 was more game !

I can't survive on crushing in UC1, don't know how people trump it :eek: !

I'm still playing Doom3 at the moment. I'm doing this so that when I come to play DukeNukemForever it will seem modern and amazing ( a bit like when you walked out of the crashed spaceship at the start of Unreal and the sky was moving...) . Yes Doom3 is my time machine so that DNF never got delayed :D

Anyhow it is taking me longer than expected to finish Doom3 because I get bored after a while because it is just so repetitive. When originally played all those years ago it annoyed me because it was dark, now I have nearly finished it and every level is the same and every part of that level is triggering monster, repeat rinse.

Now I do like it because it doesn't have checkpoints and doesn't have console prompts for doing everything and it does get tense, but it really really is a tedious game. What it is doing though is leaving a very low bar for DNF to reach, if only the reviewers who had reviewed Duke had been made to play this first then Take Two would not have had to put out death threats to reviewers and then deny it :D

Well, that's the theory anyhow. One hopes Rage doesn't fall into this trap, nor Doom4

Quake III arena with Obsidian 200SBi - Just amazing QA!

Regards,
Oscar.

Someone else than me playing Q3TA from time to time? Great!
After short training in Q3 people then call me a cheater in Crysis 2 almost on regular basis, where I play without any cheats (hate cheaters) and on average ping. Well, me and my brother are often on KillerCreation.co.uk servers playing under KOMP tag. Join us or loose :devilish:

Someone else than me playing Q3TA from time to time? Great!
After short training in Q3 people then call me a cheater in Crysis 2 almost on regular basis, where I play without any cheats (hate cheaters) and on average ping. Well, me and my brother are often on KillerCreation.co.uk servers playing under KOMP tag. Join us or loose :devilish:

I will check it! :)

ps. What 3D card do you use for Q3TA?

- Oscar.

Just crashed a 747 into an offshore oil rig in Just Cause 2. The facility suffered a mere 8% worth of damage.That's rather disappointing. Still, it was a lot of fun. I love this game.

There's a bunch of stuff on them that you can blow up, but the rigs themselves are invincible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back