Sony Home - The official thread*

Heh, just what I need. I am in the Carverns of the Bandit King now. The link I posted does not have the walkthrough for the game. Would have hated it if I die
because of missing items in the inventory

MySoti To Sell User-Generated Virtual Shirts In PlayStation Home

http://www.virtualworldsnews.com/20...rated-virtual-shirts-in-playstation-home.html

T-shirt print-on-demand service MySoti is preparing to move the most popular items from its catalog of user-designed T-shirts into PlayStation's Home service. Players will be able to purchase virtual good versions of MySoti designs for their Home avatars and MySoti will give the original designer a cut of the revenue, just as the company would if someone had bought a real t-shirt based on that design.

They should allow me to design my own T-shirt too. :)

EDIT: Good, it's highlighted...

Since the Home shirts are exact copies of existing MySoti designs, it is possible for a user who purchases a MySoti shirt in Home to also purchase a real-world copy of it to wear themselves. It is also in theory possible for every user in the MySoti community who submits a shirt design to get their shirt turned into a virtual item in Home.

and the revenue split...

In under a month Home managed 3.4 million content downloads and generated $1 million in revenue. With Home offering an 80/20 revenue split to third parties who provide content, it'll be interesting to see how much of that trickles down to MySoti's designers.

EDIT 2: The MySoti Playstation Home page is here: http://www.mysoti.com/mysoti/products/special/playstationhome

Yeah... it's a natural fit. Would be interesting to see how much MySoti can earn from this.

The other possible focal area is food and beverages. People are already serving pseudo drinks in Playstation Home (e.g., in Sully's Bar and Gamer Lounge). Even in our little gathering above, we could have started a mini bartending game to make our own drinks. :)

EDIT: It marks an early beginning for consumer-to-consumer eCommerce for this gen console. MySoti is simply a middleman and enabler.

When combined with Life with Playstation's globe, I can see people (including PS3 users) offering location specific eCommerce to other users. Let's hope Sony open up Home SDK to more devs -- including us !

Home 1.2 scheduled for release next Thursday in Pal territories:

http://community.eu.playstation.com...ssage?board.id=b_EN_PS3_Home&thread.id=157206

Lot's of happenings in Home this week. Not so good news this time:
http://www.ps3attitude.com/new/2009/04/home-v120-delayed-bug/

TedTheDog said:
Just had word that 1.20 has a serious bug that means its not going to arrive this week. Probably a couple of weeks away now, after it’s been fixed and retested. Will confirm as soon as I can.

This is for SCEE Home.

I don't think so. The Dress app turns out to be a PSN title released in Japan only. That's too bad. I was looking forward to the animations and clothing options. It allows the user to create their own virtual apparels too.

Lot's of happenings in Home this week. Not so good news this time:
http://www.ps3attitude.com/new/2009/04/home-v120-delayed-bug/

Home 1.2 will enable the Picture Frame item demoed by Phil Harrison long ago. Not sure if Locust_Star is referring to the gimped voice chat when he mentioned "certain bugs" below (It only works in private spaces now). By Golly, once the Picture Frame's up, I'm going to find some tasteful pictures to plaster my clinically bare room.

Home Manager said:
1.2 being delayed won't affect the content that was scheduled to appear on 04.09. However, until 1.2 is deployed, certain bugs will persist, which is unfortunate. Also, picture frames will not appear until 1.2 is up and running. For that reason alone, we're hoping that the core dev team has 1.2 playing nicely really soon.

Source: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3home&message.id=625435#M625435

This is for SCEE Home.

Turns out that 1.2 is for worldwide release since SCEE is the development team behind the core of Home.

EDIT: I was told a new Xi expedition has been released today. All the Xi arcades also gained expert mode as of today.

The picture frame will be AWESOME to see. I can't wait to get a few of those and actually hang some photo's up in my Club House.

*hopes the big LCD hangin in the Club House will one day do....something*

PlayStation Home News: EA Unveils The Godfather II Space, Capcom Refreshes RE5 + Special Events!

First up, EA is launching their first PlayStation Home game space to support the newly-released The Godfather II game. This space will have a Texas Hold ‘Em table and will allow you a place to gather with your fellow PlayStation Home mobsters and tighten up your poker face before EA launches its highly-anticipated Sports Complex.

3424719542_da063c851f.jpg

3423912521_409256ea8e.jpg

Sounds like it could be fun. Honestly though, I hope you don't have to wait in line. That, by far, is the biggest downfall to Home. Waiting in Line makes no sense what so ever in a digital world.

The thread on GAF about this is hilarious, with people trying as hard as they can to 'not like' the idea of this, and of course, exaggerating every chance they get.

That said, all this really makes me want is the ability to purchase a poker table for my Home Space. That would be significantly better, IMO. It would function just like the arcade cabinets. I think that would hold more value to me, as I would be able to just go to my home space w/friends and play poker with them.

In fact, I don't know why you cannot purchase pool tables yet, you would think that would be a no brainer!

I agree on the purchasing bit. It would have been great for our Beyond3d get together in my Summer House. Or an Arcade cabinet with an online leaderboard that shows friends scores like in the Red Bull space. Perhaps they've been careful with such content because once things get purchased for money, additional expectations in terms of support and service come into play.

Nice. Can't wait to show how bad I suck at poker! I will hit this up and finally check out the GH space as well. Xi has been too much fun!

The thread on GAF about this is hilarious, with people trying as hard as they can to 'not like' the idea of this, and of course, exaggerating every chance they get.

I loved that someone complained about having to download spaces in Home but was completely fine with downloading the game if it was in the PS Store :oops: You still have to download it no matter what, lol.

MI6: PS3-to-Facebook integration 'coming quicker than some may think'

Another tidbit on Playstation web marketing platform. They didn't say if it's for Home (probably PSN-wide):
http://playstation.joystiq.com/tag/@ps3

During a panel titled "Casual to the Core: Redefining the Gaming Dynamic," SCEA's John Koller talked about social media and how it can affect the games space. When asked by panel moderator John Davison if there would ever be a point when someone could be playing PS3 and have it "spit out something to Facebook," Koller stated that plans are already afoot. He said that such functionality is "critical not just for marketing but for the types of games we're trying to develop. That day is coming quicker than some may think."

Given that Playstation Home introduced simple web interaction to Xi, The Last Guy plus KZ2 had web games for generating buzz, and LBP creators are already planning/working on web API, it's conceivable that some form of OpenSocial or/and Facebook integration (for PS3 games) is in the works.

Hopefully they are compatible with the PS3 web browser. :devilish:

Which dope decided to name that the MI6 Games Marketing Summit?? :|

Fascinating stuff. The momentum seems to have reached the tipping point to someone like me, a casual observer.

The way it's moving forward is interesting too. Encompassing content and social aspects. Hmm.

Yeah! This is gonna be great!! Like that tank game where you draw the tank, and it just plays. That's friggin' awesome! I play it....like...umm, well, between using the PSEye to control those....um...things it doesn't.... I mean, it's not like Sony have even forgotten what they were intending for PSEye, is it...?

"We're gonna do all this great stuff." Yep. But 2 years after initial release when it's patched, fixed and sorted. ;) His 'sooner than you think' comment was aimed at marketing people who natural will be thinking 5 years down the line, and Koller was boasting that they actually have it penned in for only 3 years.

Boy, I'm cynical this morning. :devilish:

Hah ! Can't blame you because I have similar thoughts. They probably presented in the conference to cultivate leads. They can already demo web integration using existing deployed services.

The PS Eye opportunities require more R&D (e.g., Recognizing controlling objects by color instead of motion) and longer development time (EyePets slated for 2009 since about a year ago). It's pretty much still a work-in-progress.

Home and LBP took 2+ more years since Phil announced them (Picture Frame coming out in a few week's time). They had to develop the infrastructure, developer tools and content from scratch during this time.

Web integration is already here in various deployed forms (e.g., Xi, MySito, YouTube upload, SingStar web integration, PSN Portable ID, The Last Guy promo game, KZ2 web game, etc ...). FaceBook integration is easy. You only need to output FBML (like XML) using templates. OpenSocial is harder. What's tricky is (i) finalizing business models and focus, and (ii) the communiy backend that supplies the data (i.e., Playstation Home, XMB voice chat, playstation.com, ...), which is just starting.

Sony will need to simplify and package the combined services better. They may be able to deliver in a piecemeal fashion, but integrating into the core PS3 experience will likely take a l-o-n-g time.

You can get a free Resistance Retribution shirt in the mall but it doesn't work. I think the message at startup says the stuff will be fixed Tuesday.

The RE5 space has a game now also where you run around looking for bugs then it gives you them as a prize for your Home space. It seems when you win them you get a unlimited amount so you can place them all over.:cool:

Back