New GI has pictures and info about GTA4.

nintenho

Veteran
any of you that have gameinformer can see new pictures (it shows a few new cars and a gun that all look very good) and basic gameplay information is:

1. The main character's name is Niko.

2. There are NO planes.

3. Only one city (wahoo!)

4. You use a cellphone to call contacts

5. "A new level of freedom means the main storyline will be up to you, unlike in other gtas."

sounds like a new direction. I felt like the series was going to change in the next generation.

Hope you don't mind, but I edited the word "scans" in the thread title into "pictures" for clarification.

I was copy/pasting from somewhere that had scans.

On topic, I'm interested in if they can pull off a gta with a story you can change.

I don't think gta3 had any obvious new york buildings.

Since when has GTA been completely realistic? I must have missed that memo or something...

The bottom line is: Planes are fun. That's all there is to it. It's better to have them in the game than not have them in.

One thing I would like to mention is the fact that flying in the original GTA3 was so much more satisfying than say, flying in San Andreas. It took a lot of skill to be able to fly the Dodo for any decent period of time.... I found flying in San Adreas, because of its relative ease, to be much less entertaining though you could actually do more what with the Harrier and all.

Well it looks bad when you let people fly dodo's into the empire state building!

The game might be too small for planes though. It's going to be 4 out of 5 new york boroughs (Brooklyn is Broker, Manhatan is Algonquin, Queens is Dukes, The Bronx is Bohan) and it'll have a section of new jersery as Alderney.

I'm guessing it'll have the basics of gta but scaled back on "random scumbag action" and do a lot of changes to let you be deeper.

I don't think the game is going to be as bare as the last ones. Maybe crimes have larger penalties and crashing a plane and parachuting to the ground has bigger consequences?

The article says:

"New York motivation isn't about turning up here and becoming the king. That's an impossible goal."

it also says that it'll take place in 2007 so aside from that influencing some radio, it'll also mean it's not as easy to be a criminal anymore, there's a lot of policemen and arrests taking place and it'll affect how you play the game.

it'll have online multiplayer.

it said that both versions are identical but downloadable content is only on 360.

when asked if there would be a new take on liberty city past one game, the guy says "episodic content".

they say it'll be comparable to the jump between gta and gta3.

Last edited by a moderator:
2. There are NO planes.

3. Only one city (wahoo!)

icon_thumbdown.gif

I can understand why they decide to not have planes(to our disappointment), but only 1 city? :???: wtf is that :cry:

Maybe its because more cities wouldnt fit on a DVD disc? :rolleyes: (j/k mods ;) )

The game will be different in how the crime is presented. they talked to a lot of people and crime is harder to pull of these days. They want to make you feel like it is and HIGHLY emphasize on police involvement. Also, they say that you can now supposedly plot your destiny.

here's a goodie too: Once the initial loading screen is over, there is NO loading at all in the game, even for interior environments.

Online multiplayer is in it.

360 version gets exclusive content, and not ps3.

Version showed was also 360.

So PS3 owners go from having the title exclusive to losing out out on stuff that will be available on the 360... oh boy.

How accurate is that and why would they do it only for 360?

360 version gets exclusive content, and not ps3.

Version showed was also 360.

I guess we will have to wait until the game and the extra content actually hits the street before we know whats true and was isn´t. Irony that the platform without a Harddrive gets the exclusive content :)

360 Lead Platform then, i hope they don´t shortshift the PS3 like some shitty developers do or i guess i´ll just have to pass (no not rly)

So PS3 owners go from having the title exclusive to losing out out on stuff that will be available on the 360... oh boy.

How accurate is that and why would they do it only for 360?

From the Game Informer issue.

*Both versions will likely be identical, but Rockstar has confirmed that downloadable content is exclusive to the Xbox 360 version*

This is a direct quote from the mag. Now I'm paraphrasing this. The content will be sizable and it will be episodic.

Why would they do it?

moneyhat.jpg

All pics were taken from a 360 debug, this is also stated in the article.

Back