Heroes

probably, but she is hot so she can be whatever she likes... :cool:

In all seriousness, would u really mind? :devilish: I mean i'm gay and i'm the first one to say she's absolutely beautiful, and not in a Britney way. Her face has beautiful, beautiful lines.

no actually i wouldnt mind.. i prefer her even in another type of movie .. muhuheue

I can't stand Peter (that's the younger brother, right, the one who thinks he can fly but he really can't...?), and his power is a bit boring...

I kinda like Peter. I have always liked the idea of characters that can borrow other peoples abilities (Yes i sadly even enjoyed "The Pretender" series :)).
So far I think Peter has used his brother's, Isaac's, and Hiro's powers (Hiro's in the sense that he was unstuck in time with Hiro).

I kinda like Peter. I have always liked the idea of characters that can borrow other peoples abilities (Yes i sadly even enjoyed "The Pretender" series :)).
So far I think Peter has used his brother's, Isaac's, and Hiro's powers (Hiro's in the sense that he was unstuck in time with Hiro).

He was also able to paint the future.

Peter did fly, unless you assume he was borrowing his older brothers abilities. Just because he couldn't do it on the playground doesn't mean that he can't do it at all alone. I think most of their powers are currently accessable based on a dire need to use them. This would make sense given his ability to paint the future, and the stuck in time with Hiro. Of course Hiro didn't need to win the bets he made, so I dunno.

Peter is totally selfless; his egotistical brother uses his "suicide attempt" to both hurt him and save his political standings. Even if he does just leech off others powers, that would mean he is in essence capable of anything else the rest of them are (and he doesn't have to slam H-bomb lol)?

You pretty much pegged nikki's powers as far as I understand them. Even still, I don't see that as a power, more of a possesion. Either way, I wanna see what happens, especially regarding the G-man type character that is Claire's father.

Peter did fly, unless you assume he was borrowing his older brothers abilities. Just because he couldn't do it on the playground doesn't mean that he can't do it at all alone. I think most of their powers are currently accessable based on a dire need to use them..

No! :smile:

It seems that the heroes have one power per character, except Peter, who seems to borrow other people's powers, atleast it seems like that so far, or maybe he's a SUPERhero that can eventually do them all, I doubt that though...

The last sentence just isn't true, Hiro for example can't hear people's thoughts even if he needed to.

No! :smile:

It seems that the heroes have one power per character, except Peter, who seems to borrow other people's powers, atleast it seems like that so far, or maybe he's a SUPERhero that can eventually do them all, I doubt that though...

The last sentence just isn't true, Hiro for example can't hear people's thoughts even if he needed to.

Yep, Peter is a Rogue from the Xmen, without the deadly touch thing, and without the need to actually touch the person to take on their powers. He can take on people's abilities and apparently "connects" very well with people, which is what makes him so loveable. I hate him so i'm probably immune...:LOL:

I totally don't like the Niki Sanders character. Personality disorder superpower, superstrength, sassy attitude.. Come on.. It is dumb. And I don't think Ali Larter does a particularly good job either. Maybe the character is wrong for her, I don't know, but.. meh..

I totally don't like the Niki Sanders character. Personality disorder superpower, superstrength, sassy attitude.. Come on.. It is dumb. And I don't think Ali Larter does a particularly good job either. Maybe the character is wrong for her, I don't know, but.. meh..

I really like her! And not because she's pretty... By the way, is it me or she's half the size she was in the Final Destination movies? Jesus she used to be the geeky hippy student, now she's hot!

I am really enjoying this series. Quite the pleasant surprise.
I just wish they would do away with the cringe-worthy voice over in the opening of each show!
UGGGG!

I forgive them the melodramatic opening/closings since what is in between is so good, and because they keep the opening credits so nice and short.

I forgive them the melodramatic opening/closings since what is in between is so good, and because they keep the opening credits so nice and short.

Lost would have to win the award for nice and short openings. :)

And Enterprise the award for longest and most annoying.

Weird, but in the middle of the night last night I woke up and suddenly had an idea of what happened/was going to happen to Hiro:

He couldn't go back to the original timeline he left because by jumping into the past he altered the future nullifying the timeline he came from. Worried that he'll create a rift if he meets himself he is just waiting the time out to meet up with his buddy, and he'll show up next week a few minutes after he "left" and he'll be fluent in english having used the past year to learn it. (And maybe swordsmanship?)

Just my thoughts, I like time travel logic puzzles. :)

Compared to Lost, Heroes plot advances at a break-neck pace.

I got to say, I love Eden and her Professor X/Jedi Mind Trick/Dune "The Voice" power. She looks so fragile but when Bennet was like "go take care of Sylar", I was like "holyshit, Sylar is the series' badass and Bennet acts like this petite Winona Ryder chick can handle him like he's trivial"

Actually, I don't think Sylar is the series bad ass. The real bad guy I think we haven't been exposed to you. Also, I don't think they "saved the cheerleader" Remember, a cheerleader died, it just wasn't Claire.

Is it possible, that the prophecy from Hiro was not meant as "if you don't save her life, the world ends", but more like "if you try to save her, some other series of events are set in motion which ends up heading off disaster"

For example, perhaps it is the capture of Sylar by Bennett's goons. Perhaps it is Peter's encounter with Claire or Sylar. Actually, one guy online I saw has a theory that the real bad ass will turn out to possess almost all the powers of everyone we've seen and that only by working together can they beat him, or that Peter will turn out to be the key, but absorbing everyone's powers, he'll become a match.

My favorite Hero tho is Hiro. Ok, so I identify with the geek character, the Otaku, but I also like the earnest way that the actor plays him. Many of the other characters seem IMHO way too laissez faire about their powers. Hiro actually wants to use his powers, to experiment with them, to be a Hero.

I mean, if you woke up one day with some superpower, are you just gonna sit around moping about your day job, or your petty daily routine, or are you gonna go flying, climbing buildings, teleporting, etc

Hiro lets us see awe and wonder and that's why I like him. It's why I liked Spider-Man I, because of the sheer *joy* Peter took when he first learned his powers.

I liked the episode! Not the best by far, but interesting and it kept moving...not to mention a WHOLE lot of set-up for next week.

Man, this show rules. I really hope the writers don't get complacent. They've set up the fundamentals well to never run out of ideas.

Any thoughts on tonight's episode? No more until Jan 22, which is a real shame. After last week's episode you can't blame them for making this one a bit slower paced, but there was still tons for us to chew on. The Haitian, Peter, the painting, and of course Sylar...

DemoCoder, I take it you weren't too happy with what they did to your fave! ;)

Back