Best Graphic EVER [Full Gears of War Vids]

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like best game EVER!!!

gfx is a matter of taste so i don't think everybody will agree ...but yeah imo best gfx in game i have seen so far :oops:

I didn't even see this in the last thread.

Anyway holy cow was that an awesome realtime cutcene. the frame looks solid and the graphics are killer.

Last edited by a moderator:
cutscenes in engine + gameplay..
this is simply the best thing I've ever seen in realtime, IMO even crysis lacks this level of detail

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/6474

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/6536

Looks good but perhaps im missing something because I don't think it looks close to Crysis or Alan Wake in those video's The video's are too small to see much anyway.

IMO the engine has never looked better than the original 6800U UE3 demo's that we saw back in 2004, placing all that in a game was obviously to taxing at that level of detail. Don't get me wrong, this is still easily one of the best looking games we have seen so far but I definatly don't think its the best anymore. At one point it was, but its been matched by a few and beat by a couple since then IMO. Plus the blood still looks like it belongs in Mortal Kombat :LOL:

Ok i know the thread title is asking for it but lets not turn this into a thread of one liners saying its not the best ever. Thanks.

Looks good but perhaps im missing something because I don't think it looks close to Crysis or Alan Wake in those video's The video's are too small to see much anyway.

Did you just watch the stream or d/l the 640x360 versions? The d/l versions look amazing and the framerate looked silky smooth. These are also only from the first or second level, we haven't seen anything from later in the game and someone from Epic said the later levels look even better.

Did you just watch the stream or d/l the 640x360 versions? The d/l versions look amazing and the framerate looked silky smooth. These are also only from the first or second level, we haven't seen anything from later in the game and someone from Epic said the later levels look even better.

Of course they did... the usually do! :cool:

Cant wait to get home to see for myself.

Framerate looked anything but silky smooth. Especially at the beginning. Then again, might have been the video...

Framerate looked anything but silky smooth. Especially at the beginning. Then again, might have been the video...

I noticed that it looked much better when i downloaded it rather than streaming. It is dipping below 30 in these cutscenes though becuase you can see the tearing happen here and there.

While watching the gameplay i thought they had turned vsync on but it appears they havent, its just that during gameplay the framerate must be fairly solid.

Did you just watch the stream or d/l the 640x360 versions? The d/l versions look amazing and the framerate looked silky smooth.
I'm not sure what you mean by amazing. The actual image quality in the video was poor. Too dark and splurgy, off screen. The scenery detail was very high, with expensive normal maps and well crafted rubble (no straight floors here!). The framerate was much improved over previous showings. It certainly wasn't silky smooth. I don't know what the framerate was but you could see it was lower than usual. Animation was okay. Only a few keyframe anims though and it had that roboticness to it.(Note I'm just talking about the gameplay vid here). I did think the gameplay showed had some issues. The AI seemed a bit erratic. One monster was behind a wall and poked it's head round practically headbutting Marcus in the abdomen, but it didn't react. Even fter having been hit once!

For me, as an 'FPS disinterested party', it looked gameplay wise as to what I see in all shooters. I might well be missing the subtle nuances though, like wine tasters finding flavours in bottles of plonk that any mere mortal would think tasted like...wine. Visually it was very high calibre, good dynamic lighting and looks great in stills (isn't that what matters most when trying to sell a game? :p) but the motion aspect, framerate and fluidity of gameplay, struck me as par for the course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back