Finally! Some Hip-Hop worth listening to!

With all the tiring commercial and gangsta BS going on in the music, this is a breath of fresh air.

First Lupe Fiasco, now this.

Combo of neo-soul, jazz, hip-hop, funk... worth listening. :D

Will hip-hop get better?

I'll check them out later, I just discovered "Me First and the Gimme Gimmes" a few days ago and have been bopping around the house to them.

Thanks for the tuneage recommend though, always up for something new.

With all the tiring commercial and gangsta BS going on in the music, this is a breath of fresh air.

Will hip-hop get better?

You just have been listening to the wrong kind of hip hop. There loads of good artists out there. If you want some suggestions, I've got a few nice tips.

You just have been listening to the wrong kind of hip hop. There loads of good artists out there. If you want some suggestions, I've got a few nice tips.

Like Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Common etc.

Yeah, I'm well aware of them. Heavy artists too. :)

It's just that there's so much ballers and gangsta shit in mainstream Hip-hop that artists like these don't get heard.

Yeah, there's a lot of really good hip hop out there, one just has to find it.

Like BlackDragon mentioned, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, The Roots, Dead Prez, Immortal Technique, MF Doom, Del Tha Funkee Homosapien... all are making really good music. It's just too bad that the crap on TV and radio is just that... crap.

Like Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Common etc.

Yeah, I'm well aware of them. Heavy artists too. :)

It's just that there's so much ballers and gangsta shit in mainstream Hip-hop that artists like these don't get heard.

To me , the last MosDef album was the best hip-hop album created until now. MosDef most defintely :)lol:) took it back to the blues roots and created a masterpiece.

Last Kweli, was ok as well.

Things to check out: Jurassic5, DJ Format, Dizzee Rascal (very raw British hip hop), K-OS (not so bad), Abdominal (British hip hop), Roots, Immortal Technique, C-Rayz Walz (this is awesome), etc.

The New Danger?

I heard it was the worst album he's ever done! :LOL:

The New Danger is definitely the best album ever. Seriously you either love or you hate it. A lot of people don't like it but they usually compare to your bog standard Jay-Z / 50Cent or whatever. But for others it's defintely masterpiece, though it almost requires that you know Muddy Waters, etc. to get the musical references etc.
For me, it's the best hip hop album ever.

Seconded Immortal Technique. Check out the Crest, Crown City Rockers, and Sage Francis. Underground hip-hop ftw.

New Nas Cd drops November 17...

best hip hop album ever was Illmatic

after that in no particular order

The chronic
Low end theory
It takes a nation of millions
Like water for chocolate
the score

Back