A decent Bond movie?

I have to say all the advertising pissed me off. Everything was an advert for either Sony or Omega.

The whole line :
'Oh, thats a nice watch, Rolex?'
'No, Omega'
'nice'
was the most annoying and stupid thing in a movie since Will Smith trying to sell sneakers in iRobot.

apart from that, good movie.

Yes, Caterina Murino...she is HOT!:devilish:

royale1.jpg

WARNING: MINOR SPOILER AT END OF POST!!

A few snippets.

I saw this with my GF the other week. Surprised by how much I enjoyed it even though I'm not a Bond film.

Met an old friend who's a massive Bond fan and he declared that Craig is the best Bond ever.

An ex pointed out the pouty thing. Now that it's been pointed out I find it amusing too. However, I'd previously thought it made me extra macho. Like Zoolander guess I'm gonna have to find a new pose... :p

A surprising shortage of gadgets dontcha think? Not that it detracted in any way. I do think in this age of, umm Bourne Supremacy's for example, that Bond has got to evolve to survive* (minor spoiler at --> *). I do wonder where next though?

MINOR SPOILER: *I mean a card game to bring down a terrorist financier/facilitator? Sheesh!

poker scenes ....grrrr

I thought it was horrible. If I wanted to watch poker I would have turned on ESPN 2, not gone to the movies.

jep! I agree! I'm playing poker myself for some time now, and I must say the poker scenes are not very realistic (I know. it's just a movie ;) ).

Watched it over the weekend after abstaining from reading any reviews. Don't really have anything to say about the movie except that it's like a regular action movie... coulda been another Vin-Diesel-Triple-X movie IMO... nothing in this movie has any distinctively "Bond-feel" to it.

But the sight of Eva Green sans make-up (in the bathroom where she's about to put on make-up) makes the movie worth watching. I'd thought she was just another pretty actress when I saw her in the movie the first time (in the train) but she is incredibly beautiful au-naturel (and my wife agrees; she was shocked by Green's beauty).

But the sight of Eva Green sans make-up (in the bathroom where she's about to put on make-up) makes the movie worth watching. I'd thought she was just another pretty actress when I saw her in the movie the first time (in the train) but she is incredibly beautiful au-naturel (and my wife agrees; she was shocked by Green's beauty).

She's in front of a camera, therefore she will be wearing make up in order to make her look "au-natural" and as pretty as possible. She'll be wearing foundation, concealer, bronzer, etc, and everything else to give that fresh look you're incorrectly admiring as not wearing any make-up.

Saw it on friday...

It was surprisingly good! I'm quite excited for the next one now. Craig did quite well -- when I first heard he was going to do it I thought this was the beginning of the end of the Bond series... turns out it's a new beginning.

After it ended there was actually quite a bit of clapping in the theatre.

I saw it yesterday thought it was very good. It's a serious take on bond. Even the Brosnan movies are very campy in comparison.

None of that silly tech like invisible cars, cars with anti air missles, cars that can be remote controled with a wrist watch.

I did notice a lot of Sony product placment in the movie though. There are Vaio PCs, Bluray players and Bluray discs prominently displayed and used by Bond in the film.

One part that got a laugh out of me was a scene where a Vaio PC is clearly running WinXP. But they clearly did some kind of photoshop/videoediting to the image so that it wouldn't have the IE logo and just said "Internet" or something generic like that.

I watched it with my family a week ago. It's probably the most "non-high-tech" Bond movie ever. Some people may not like this trend (the old glorious days of the Moonraker :) ), but it's more real IMHO. The new Bond is more like a human, not a superman. Although some people may think that this is not Bond anymore.

Back