What exclusive games "sell" you the console?

Xbox2:
Alan Wake, but I can play that on a PC as well.

Wii:
Maybe the Wii exclusive(?) Resident Evil, depends on what it'll be like, but I hardly would buy a console just to play a game or two. Like I didn't buy a Gamecube just to play Resident Evil Remake & Zero.

PS3:
Silent Hill 5 (exclusive?)
Final Fantasy XIII
Anything the ICO Team comes up with
Heavy Rain: The Casting (exclusive?)
Kurayami
MotorStorm
Heavenly Sword
Eye of Judgement
Killzone (IF it supports mouse & keyboard)

Last edited by a moderator:
How the heck is Mass Effect not on everyone's 360 list? U guys R crazy :p

I gues the topic is system sellers, and not most anticipated...but still...

PS3:
+ Heavenly Sword
+ MGS
+ Warhawk
+ ..and may be Lair for its graphics

Features I like:
+ The hardware. Specified noise and heat level demonstrates Sony's attention to detail so far, plus built-in hardware goodies that appeal to my geekhood :D
+ Linux development and associated goodies (Cell development, Sony promised they would open source LocationFree SDK), PSP integration, other built-in home media functions (?)
+ Doesn't force me to pay online (I already paid for high initial price :( )

Wii:
+ Zelda, Zelda and Zelda

Features I like:
+ FUN ! Looking forward to play with my little boy.
+ Simplicity
+ Cheap

Xbox:
+ Halo 3 (Woot Woot !) Better don't disappoint this time.
+ ... may be Gears of War

Features I like:
+ The original Halo, and to a certain extent Halo 2 are the ONLY console games my wife plays (Don't ask me why)
+ Price (May wait until they shrink the chip so it runs cooler)

X360: Gears of War, Mass Effect, Prey, Too Human, Halo 3, Forza 2, Fable 2, Blue Dragon, Lost Odysee.

Wii: Probably just some party games and Zelda sometime in 2007.

PS3: Maybe later when the premium system hits $300 US or so. Heavenly Sword looked great and I like the occasional Japanese RPG. Can't stand MGS or most other Konami/Crapcom junk, so no loss for me there.

Rys said:
Already got a 360 and Gears of War, Mass Effect, Halo 3 (although I'm not enjoying Halo 2 right now, playing it for the first time ever on my 360), Fable 2, Forza 2, MotoGP and some of the Live Arcade lineup are what stand out for me at E3. Very strong showing from Microsoft this year, IMO.

I agree with you. Contrary to others on here, the X360 (and the Xbox) had the lineup that was most appealing to me. Sports, FPS, and Racing games. Hey, that's what I play, I'm their target audience, and they've been good to me. Essentially a PC gamer who isn't a PC gaming snob is how I'd describe it.

While the PS2 had some franchises I was interested in, GT, Socom, GTA.. their other exclusives never interested me. With socom now just being 'another' squad-based shooter, with GTA no-longer being a time-based exclusive, and with PGR and Forza closing in on GT.. I've really got no interest in a PS2. (I assume MS feels others will feel the same way.. thus their Wii worship)

The Wii is disappointing. I'm on board with the Wiimote concept, the price of the thing and Nintendo still make a game like no other, but for longevity's sake over the next 5 years, the thing needs more gogo juice under the hood.

I'd agree. Then again, I saw all the "WOOT! Super Smash Bro's!" comments so I went and downloaded the trailer. The graphics look nice.. but nice in the way the artistic styling reminds me of childhood fun I had playing with my old N systems. And the entire trailer left me thinking that this was a game for 8-14 year olds.

I don't mean to offend, honestly. The game could be great fun for all ages, and I think that's the intent. But it's just not my cup of tea, and I honestly can't think of anybody I know actually playing that game. It looks more like a guilty pleasure that if any of my friends actually enjoyed they'd hide behind their TV, rather than bring out with a couple of beers and say 'Have you tried this?'.

Having said all that, there are numerous times I wish the Xbox had more variety. I do find myself longing for games of old, where you could pick up the game and run through a cartoon forest doing some jumping puzzles, finding hidden areas to lead to more points or powerups, that didn't require you to remember exactly where you were in the game, and that you could play and have some fun with for 15m to an hour, without having to worry about 'leveling up' your character and making a mistake or anything like that.

If I can get that through Xbox Live on a 360 and some old Sega games, then my diminutive desire to own a Gamecube or a Wii will probably vanish all together.

What game would make me run out and purchase the 360? Not sure. Dead Rising (love them zombies), Madden 2007 (the abortion that was 2006 wasn't enough), Gears of War, Alan Wake, Halo 3, Mass Effect.. any of those releases would probably make me spend an afternoon driving from store to store to find a 360. (Which still aren't sitting on the shelves where I live in Central Cali.)

PS3: must of their exclusives had never interested m, althought the console have more possibilitys (DS3, HDD, free online...), meybe it will have game that really interest me in the future.

XB: I love many of their IPs like Halo and it will have a lot of good games like Bioshock, plus it should have many PC games too (I dont like to play on the PC) so it should be more a question of price (HW/online/SW) considering the quantitity of very high qualitity games.

Wii: defenitely it does have potential but I dont think that by now many games show that, I will wait to see how they end, but yes games like RS and Sports if they in end they are good it should be more a question of price too.

PS3:

Heavenly Sword - I was so happy to see that the gameplay itself looked cool. I so want to like this game, and it doesn't look like it's going to dissapoint.

FF13 - The scifi look is a little wierd to me, but it's absolutely gorgeous, and the actionesque battle system looks to be taking the series in a good direction.

Naughty Dog Game - Awesome animation. Cool over the top 80's style action. Naughty Dog commitment to quality. I actually know a guy who used to work at Naughty Dog and he told me that usually they are really commited to whatever they do, but he's never seen them as excited about a project as this one. That can only mean good things.

Xbox 360:
Halo 3 - Would like to try it out.

A question here, and I apologize if it's already been covered in a different thread, but are there any reports about how Assasin's Creed is shipping up? It looks sounds like it's got a lot of potential, but there is no way to know from the CG movie that was displayed. Any tidbits out there?

Thanks

Xbox 360: None so far.
PS3: That eyetoy card game Eye of Judgement or something, Devil May Cry 4 and Virtua Fighter 5.
Wii: Super Mario Galaxy and Virtual Consoles for all the Super Mario games.

Oninotsume said:
A question here, and I apologize if it's already been covered in a different thread, but are there any reports about how Assasin's Creed is shipping up? It looks sounds like it's got a lot of potential, but there is no way to know from the CG movie that was displayed. Any tidbits out there?

Thanks
word from the show is that it may be Game of the Show for several people.

not due until 2007 and only shown behind closed doors

the animation and interaction is that good, evidently.

It is being made by the UBIsoft Montreal (Spliter Cell, Prince of Persia) team and they know animation.

It looks more like a guilty pleasure that if any of my friends actually enjoyed they'd hide behind their TV, rather than bring out with a couple of beers and say 'Have you tried this?'.

Ha, you should come by a college campus sometime. On mine, Super Smash Bros Melee is about the only game everyone plays, even people who don't play games play it. It's also quite the drinking game. The fact that it's a good game that can be enjoyed by both hardcore gamers and can function as a casual party game makes it easy to whip out in any situation and have just about everyone enjoy it.

Tap In said:
word from the show is that it may be Game of the Show for several people.

not due until 2007 and only shown behind closed doors

the animation and interaction is that good, evidently.

It is being made by the UBIsoft Montreal (Spliter Cell, Prince of Persia) team and they know animation.

Cool. Thanks for the info.
I loved the POP games, except for the second one, and Splinter Cell is pretty damn good too, so I'm really looking forward to this one.

PS3
Lair. if the graphics is realtime then it'll be mine inevitably!
MGS4. too good to miss out.
FF XIII. i'll get it just for the chick.

Xbox360
GOW. that's the only one.

Wii
SUper smash bro brawl.

XBOX360:
Media Center Extender

This is basically the only reason I bought it. I needed some way to watch all the media I've got on my Media Center box, and why build another PC when I can get the same functionality out of a $400 console? After a few extra tools were installed on the MC PC, I can play divx, xvid, HD transport streams, along with the default wmv,live/recorded TV,mp3s.... I could barely build a PC for $400 that would be good enough. (I'm out of parts laying around)

It's just a huge added bonus that I can play games on it. Halo 3 is probably my biggest draw, since I had so much fun with 1 and 2. I also really enjoyed the KOTOR games, so I'm hoping I'll get another installment on the 360.

PS3- Dragon Quest
Other games have me looking forward to the system and help me build my case for getting it, but when it comes down to it that is THE reason I have to have a PS3.

XB360- Forza
Halo2 was a very mediocre shooter IMO and killed my interest in the series. I'm hoping that the trailer for Forza2 we saw out of E3 is nothing remotely close to what the game is like. That made it look like a wannabe GT/PGR hybrid which I would absolutely loathe(can't stand PGR's points for driving bad system- nor GT's drive the same line AI). I already own a 360, picked it up as soon as Oblivion went gold(this would have been on my list, but it isn't exclusive)

Wii- Zelda, Metroid, Mario
Have to have them. The console seems to have a lot going for it, hopefully it will work out well in implementation and not just in theory/hype.

Already have a 360 so looking to pick these up by the end of 06:

Forza 2
Gears
Mass Effect
Lost Planet
Moto GP 06

PS3

I have NO idea what games will be out by the end of the year but I'll keep an eye on it.

No interest in Wii.

Back