Viva Pinata!

blakjedi said:
I dunno about that... unless that blocky feathery look in the foreground is stylized. I think rare can do MUCH better. When is this due?
In case you hadn't noticed, everything's got that blocky feathery look! It's the style, and I think it's cool. Animating this game should look pretty awesome, and thank goodness some people are creating games for XB360 that aren't flamin' FPSes! I'm all for variety in graphics and games.

From the official website it also appears to be a kids TV programme tie-in.

poopypoo said:
Incredible! This may be the most beautiful game to date o_O
You know I totally agree with that. :D

Its beautiful.I love this games looks.And I really mean it :)

fulcizombie said:
Instead of Banjo 3 and Killer Instinct 3 ,we get this????Whatever.....
This is the type of game that Rare makes. Why the surprise? More games will surely be announced soon. Maybe at GDC, but probably at E3.

And yeah, besides some shadow map filtering issues and low polys in places, this looks amazing. Rare is really on their game when it comes to the technical stuff. If this game animates well, it could be a real masterpiece, visually.

Im such a dummy... I was thinkg only the characters were supposed to be pinata style but I now I realize the whole world is designed like that... thinking too next gen sometimes as far as a whole pinata world is concerned it looks great... the translucency effect is pretty good if low poly in some places...

LightHeaven said:
This image is a killer:

http://www.rareware.com/games/upcoming/pinata/shots/pinata_02hi.jpg

xboxyde has also a video where they show a really brief part of gameplay
http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_2273_en.html
man thats f****** beautiful.This is the second game besides GOW that excites me so much visually on 360.Its a work of art.

I wonder how it looks in motion.I am bored to download any video thats not direct feed.

I am really really interested

I need to hear impressions :D

Well the graphics are certainly stylized. :)

For those of you looking for something different this gen, here ya go!

I'm thinking this is something of a cross between pokemon and animal crossing. I do wonder what the XBL online component will be like, can you visit other players' worlds?

Very interesting.

<nu>faust said:
the ofifcial site http://www.vivapinata.com : it has some (really short) game fooatge in the middle of "launch video"

also here is more info on gameplay:

"You are a gardner and you start out with basic tools and land. you can develop the land, build ponds, makeflowers, trees, grass, slopes, etc. and it will attracht 'pinata's'. There is 60 pinatas species all with their own prerequisites.

So you collect them, then you name them and customize them, but there is also bad pinatas. They will make trouble and you will have to fend them off, if you cant do this alone, you can get help from people in towns they also sell you goods, or you can go on xbox live and ask your friend to help you and you can landscape together or drive off the bad pinatas together."

OK this sounds goofy as hell but for some reason it sounds fun, is there somthing wrong with me I"m more of a Ghost Recon Battlefield type of guy?

c0_re said:
OK this sounds goofy as hell but for some reason it sounds fun, is there somthing wrong with me I"m more of a Ghost Recon Battlefield type of guy?

This just appeals to your "emo" side!

Look at it this way... you get to beat the SH*T out of the bad pinatas! :p

c0_re said:
Not really. I enjoyed Animal Crossing on my sister's Gamecube.

This game looks pretty nifty :) Can't wait to see more.

Just makes me sad that a DKC game couldve had this potential, just replace the scene with a jungle, a few kremlings and DK in the mix. Lovely graphics though :)

Looks like it has potential. From the video it looks like you have to deal with predator type pinatas which is pretty cool. So you breed a bunch of herbivore pinatas to feed to the predators. Perhaps you can only attract predators to your garden by having an abundance of food at which point you have to capture them. The penultimate pinata could be fairly cool and feed on the candy goodness of lesser predators. It would all seem very morbid if they weren't in fact filled with candy.

They need to keep the TV show and the game separate though or they will turn off mature gamers that like fun games. The game shouldn't have any voice acting or story from the TV show. The only thing they should have in common is the art and name.

I'm surprised by the forum. I can't believe the unfounded hatred for this game on other sites.

Back