Great quotes:

nintenho

Veteran
What do you think are great quotes? You could have heard them from somebody else or made them up yourself.

"A reason to lack flaw is a reason to lack flow and a reason to lack flow is a reason to lack flaw."

"Uselessnes is the language of the ignorant."

nintenho said:
Did you think that up?

I have a real one, "Sleep with children and you'll wake up in piss" (related to dating very young girls, obviously).

EDIT: though bad for translation...

_xxx_ said:
I have a real one, "Sleep with children and you'll wake up in piss" (related to dating very young girls, obviously).

...piss...sleeping.....young girls? what?

I'll go for the less profound quote, but I've always thought it funny under the right circumstances.

"Hey, it's okay. Mistakes happen. Just ask your parents."

My wife: "It's the stupid, ignorant people of this world who ruin it for the rest of us."

Me: "Just because I'm anti-social, it doesn't mean I don't have fun."

nintenho said:
Duders, you don't translate a quote like that and then not tell us why it sounds like that.

Use your imagination: a 30-year old guy and a 19-year old girl is a good example of what that quote is supposed to say.

A thousand monkeys with typewriters would eventually write the complete
works of Shakespeare.

Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million
typewriters, and Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare. - Blair Houghton

"The whole point of quotes is that you can humiliate someone with the help of someone else's words."
- Amanda Cross

They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference.
- Bill Hicks

_xxx_ said:

i think i speak for most of us when i say, i have no clue what the hell you just said.

Ah, yes, divorce......., from the Latin word meaning to rip out a man's genitals through his wallet.

_xxx_ you make sense to me, :/

One of my personal favorites:
"J'ai toujours vu que, pour reussir dans le monde, il fallait avoir l'air fou et etre sage." - Charles de Montesquieu

Translation to English:
I have always observed that to succeed in the world one should appear like a fool but be wise.

Back