Google Earth Advancements

mkillio

Regular
I was using Google earth earlier and I was wondering if the stars are the real constellations and if they weren't they should make them so. I was also thinking that it would be really neat if they rendered the moon and other cellestial bodies and made it possible to roam around the galaxy. Obviously these wouldn't have the greatest quality, except for maybe the near side of the moon. So I was wondering if anyone knows if they plan on doing anything like this. I was also wondering if anyone has any good ideas that they could add to Google Earth.

IRQ Conflict said:
How bout the 'Google Dorm Peephole'? :D

Why not make that broader..... "Google Adult Earth" ;)
That would be even more popular.....:LOL:

OHHHH!!!!11111...."Look at that group on night swiming and some hardcore action at 127 degrees"...."Yeah, but i like more one on 89, they have asian chicks"..... IRC would be completlly different place with such service.....

Hehe.
I am looking at doing something similar to your idea, although not quite so grand. Basically I was planning to expand my solar position calculator to do the moon and other planets.

I have already done the sun. http://www.gelp.net/files/Solar Locator2.kmz
You can modify the height that the sun appears at by modifying the network link.

The moon and other planets are a little more complicated, and I am not a physicist and haven't done any real maths for quite a while. So it will probably take me a while.

Their are programs which already do what you suggest, but don't have the felxibility of GE

CC

Celestia is very cool but I think that Google could do a much better job with it, if only for the controls. I noticed that The Situation Room on CNN was using Google Earth the other day to point out the wild fires in California.

Back