GB Micro available Sept 19 for $99.

jvd said:
pricing is to high . 75$ tops i say . At 100$ its to close to the ds price

It is kinda high, but it's still under the magical $100 mark so it'll sell well. I think Nintendo knows people want it so they've priced it accordingly. It's priced nicely between the DS and SP.

jvd said:
pricing is to high . 75$ tops i say . At 100$ its to close to the ds price

I am afraid I have to agree here, 100$ is too much for the GBA micro, especially in comparison to the DS and GBA SP. Does smaller size really warant a higher price?

It can be a deal if they bundle the yin yan video thing . Then it would give u psp video and audio capablitys but with a good battery life , snes lvl graphics and a really portable system. at a 150$ less

hupfinsgack said:
I am afraid I have to agree here, 100$ is too much for the GBA micro, especially in comparison to the DS and GBA SP. Does smaller size really warant a higher price?

It's not just smaller. It has a higher quality screen than the SP, brigtness adjusment, built-in standard headphone jack. The headphone adaptor for the SP is already $7. Anyway check out this little video clip of the GBM closeup. The fresh/new factor is a strong influence too.

http://imageserver4.textamerica.com/user.images.x/5/IMG_466305/Video/_0518/TZ200518212842428.mov

Last edited by a moderator:
$100 if it plays MP3s as well out of the box (yin yan thingie included). If not no sale (for me).

http://micro.gameboy.com/

Simply beautiful...

Pretty cool that it includes faceplates in the package. Also comes in two colors black and silver with reversed silver black faceplates if you don't like the default face colors. The faceplates also serve to protect the screen. :cool:

I was seriously thinking of getting one of these (so I could actually see my GBA games, unlike with my normal GBA, plus I have a massive amount of old GB games I still play) but for AU$150? Yeah right!

mech said:
I was seriously thinking of getting one of these (so I could actually see my GBA games, unlike with my normal GBA, plus I have a massive amount of old GB games I still play) but for AU$150? Yeah right!

Don't you already have a PSP? Just use the GBA emulator.

Play-Yan micro

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/play_yan_micro/index.html

Though the basic hardware is unchanged, there are some differences between the old and new Play-Yan, and here they are:

Updated: The firmware update that allowed the original PY model to use MP4 format video files will now be included in the Play-Yan Micro. This means the Micro can play the video format without the 500kb patch taking up valuable storage space.
The graphical interface has been given a face lift, with the cute little guy that jumps around as music is being scrolled through being replaced by a more pedestrian figure. More color has also been added to spruce things up.
The sleep function has been changed to accomodate the Game Boy Micro's design. Previously, hitting L+R put the 'Yan to sleep, and hitting any face button woke it up. Since all of the Micro's face buttons are exposed (unlike the closed SP), the system may accidently come out of sleep mode. Because of this, sleep is now assigned to holding down the Start Button.
The Play-Yan Garage Games will no longer work on the Micro version, likely due to the redesign of the interface (and also because seeing the games on the tiny Micro screen would probably be impossible).
The bundled Media Stage software comes on a full-sized disc, rather than the smaller 8cm disc previously included. The version of Media Stage included appears to be the same version that came with the old Play-Yan model, which means no encoding support for the new firmware-enabled MP4 video.
The Play-Yan has exclusively been sold through Nintendo's website. While the PY Micro will still only be availble through online retailers, the device will be available through online retailers other than Nintendo, such as Amazon Japan.

http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=6457

Size comparison shots:
gba-micro-20050826044032553.jpg

gba-micro-images-20050826113615403.jpg

mckmas8808 said:
Ahhh my eyes!!! Why would someone pay $29 less dollars to play on something that's going to make your eyes hurt all day?

I would pick it up for music before i picked up a psp .

Video the psp def has the edge .

But the micro i can go to the gym and do my weights and running with out a problem and then still have something to do on the bus or on a car ride aside from music .

Figure a 100$ then prob another 100$ for 2 gig sd card and i'm almost in ipod mini price and storage size but i have video game play back and a smaller size

That's a TINY screen! Certainly doesn't appeal to me, not at that price. It certainly seems to be competing with it's DS cousin, which can play the same games and much more with a bigger screen to boot.

Shifty Geezer said:
That's a TINY screen! Certainly doesn't appeal to me, not at that price. It certainly seems to be competing with it's DS cousin, which can play the same games and much more with a bigger screen to boot.

Seems like a mistake by Reggie and Co. If I were a Nintendo kid about 10 years old I would be confused. Should I ask my mom to buy a cheap SP, super small micro, or cooler DS? I would go with the DS, but what will the public do? We'll find out in about 6 months.

Back