Play Yan may accompany GB Micro launch.

PC-Engine

Banned
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/26/news_6126595.html

We're also looking at what the price and bundle combination might be for the fall. One of the things that they've launched in Japan that we're considering is--it's called the Play-Yan and it allows you to play MP3 music or MP4 video files in your Game Boy. We're trying to see how that's doing and if that makes sense to bring out as a companion to this.

This got me thinking. Since Play Yan can accept SD cards as well as Revolution, is it possible that Nintendo will allow you to download games onto SD cards for play on the GB portables?

mech said:
Why would they sell the Play Yan if it doesn't work out of the box?

Maybe because it's an optional addon? Maybe because GB Micro wasn't advertised as being a media player out of the box? Maybe because you're desparate and resorting to straw collecting? :LOL: ;)

Maybe you should...let go...because you sound like a broken record...that don't make any sense...at all. ;) :LOL:

Get back to me when you can come up with a real argument. ;) :LOL:

8302965874342631.JPG

Yummy... 8) Ahaha this is going to be competing with my 1GB iAudio 5 flash MP3 player...or maybe not since I can easily fit both in my pocket. ;)

Nice addon!
If the sound quality is comparably good to other MP3 players, I can see this being quite a hit extra.
For video it's imo pretty useless, because of the small screen.
But for simple games and portable music, the GB Micro could definitely become quite a hit product if priced very cheap.

The sound for MP3's is excellent, I've got the Play-Yan for my DS. The video is good too, but yeah on the micro the screen is a bit too small for that feature.

For video it's not ideal, but the screen on the archos gmini 400 isn't any bigger, really. If the screen quality is good, it'll probably suffice, at least as much as any other 100 dollar flash MP3 player.

Back