offical Sony Press Conference Thread

i don't know about you guys, but news from this conference hasn't impressed me much. There certainly wasn't enough actual GAME annoucments to make me excited, and some of theose game shots looked pretty MEH. It's like I said before, not every title will look extremly next gen and it will depend even more on the capabilities of your artists and or graphics engine.

Anyway i hope MS has more game annoucement to offer in thie rpress conference, other wise they will hgave a lot of trouble selling games in Japan.

Update from GAF. Censored by me.
Level 5's RPG (Rogue Galaxy) looks hot. The CG was unbelievable, I can't wait until their PS3 games actually look like it - better than Appleseed digital animation on fantastic characters ... so yummy. Had like a five minute trailer with hi-res cinemas, battle footage, world map (all three party members on screen), lots of varied environments. Game itself looks like an expanded DQVIII engine in terms of cel-shading. As far as the content, just think of it as Skies of Arcadia II, by way of Star Ocean ... it's all Space Pirates, and it looks really, really good. 12/05.

A lot of PS2 soft, but not so much of it looks good. There was like 10 seconds of new FFXII CG (of 5 judges walking).

PSP is a embarassment, they had some guy come and talk for like 10 minutes about a game that's like Animal Crossing except with no gameplay and ugly. The big deal for PSP is 9/14 Advent Children, 9/15 Ceramic White PSP + Winning Eleven. So expect a huge repush in the fall.

PS3, Sho Nuff left before the end. Koei showed a new real-time demo of a guy staff-fighting four other people, looked pretty good. Bandai showed a Gundam game that looked EMBARASSING, it was realistic Zakus bump-mapped but with terrible animation and non-destructable environments. Project Force actually looks pretty good (those screens make it look terrible)...it's not OMG amazing, but the environments are all fully destructable, and it was clearly real-time, which makes it okay to get excited about if you like mech games because it's not just "concept" footage. Tim Sweeney was here to demo the Unreal engine which was nice.

Other new games shown included Endless Saga (Korean game from Webzen), Genji PS3 (which was SUCH prerendered CG you lying liars), Lair (Factor 5 with like 100 dragons that are all WAAAAY too shiny, the generation hasn't even started yet and everything is already too shiny and slimy), and Bio 5. Bio 5 looks like Bio 4 only hi-res, pretty much. Couldn't tell much from the demo - looks like Latin American slums, starts out dark but some birds take off and it becomes daylight and then some shadows of zombies lumber out of the sun.

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/koeiinfo/
Koei PS3 realtime demo
050721_1.jpg
050721_2.jpg

050721_3.jpg
050721_4.jpg

"1000 polygons in PS2 to 1.5 million polygons in PS3"
050721_5.jpg

Qroach said:
i don't know about you guys, but news from this conference hasn't impressed me much.
Hmm, seeing ppl say ah and oh to the E3 Gundam footage and declaring it as prerendered, I guess it's shocking to see it was controlled realtime by Bandai guys at this conference.

Back