Things you are sentimental about

Reverend

Banned
For me (the top dozen) :

1) The first girl I had a french kiss with
2) The first car I bought (still have it, beat-up as it is and rarely used)
3) The first girl I had sex with
4) The original Voodoo Graphics
5) The first time I made love to my wife
6) Kristof's pink lipstick mark on my cheek (had it on a sticky tape now)
7) 3DPulpit.com
8) Quake with the Voodoo Graphics
9) The first dollar I earned (I still keep it)
10) Beyond3D.com
11) "You are being pushy" -- JC's email to me once
12) First time I held my son in my arms

silence said:
i am trying my best to forget 1) and 3) ;)

I could speculate why you are trying to forget the first girls that Rev was naughty with, but I'm sure it would get me in trouble, so I'll pass! :LOL:

LOL..... :LOL: did i say they were Rev's? ;)

being young, horney and drunk gets you in one of those situations "WTF is THIS doing in my bed???????????" 8)

1. My PC.
2. My most valuable PC games.
3. OpenGL.
4. My Internet connection.
5. Ati.
6. AMD.
7. The Eclipse project. -Can't do anything without it.
8. Favourite Internet sites. B3D is included. :)

*These are in no specific order.

1. Emacs.

(I'm kidding--this isn't the full list. Emacs might still be at the top, though.)

1). My grandfather's trumpet.
2). My copy of Andre Norton's "Galactic Derelict"
3). The first ed of U. S. Grant's memoirs that my wife gave me as an anniversary present.
4). My Geo as "Captain Kirk" pic that my mother took when I was about three years old when TOS was in its original run.
5). My first American ed. of Churchill's "Marlborough" just because I'm a Churchill nut and it was a bitch to come up with --and before I'd only read a heavily edited version.
6). My signed first-ed of Heinlein's Number of the Beast.

Hmm, I seem to be bibliophilic. Let's try computers.

6). Playing stick-figure Castle Wolfenstein on a Apple ][+
7). IRQ conflicts (in a masochistic kind of way). You young whippersnappers don't know pain until you've had to choose between your mouse working *or* your modem working --but not both.
8). IBMs S36. Running an entire significant (industry-leading in its state) company's enterprise system on 8mb of RAM.
9). The reliability of daisy-chained twinax cabling (see IRQs above).
10). The first pc I ever built from components. A 386sx it was.
11). VESA Local Bus. I'm not quite sure why. Maybe because it never gets mentioned anymore.
12). The $200 we spent for four 1mb SIMs.
12a). _Selling_ used memory.
12b). Monthly computer shows before web-tailing killed them (for me anyway).
13). Smugly telling a colleague that my new harddrive cost less than $1 per MB.
14). Gary Grigsby's early war titles like Guadalcanal.
15). The Pentium 75 chip that I occasionally run across in my desk drawer amongst the other flotsam.
16). The original Lara Croft --that was awesome the first time I sent her back-flipping across a room while dealing two-fisted death.
17). Heretic, cause I never hear about it any more either. Some of the special powerups in that were hilarious.
18). Stepping out of the ship for the first time in Unreal.
19). I can't remember the name of the game, which is a disgrace, but at the time it had the most visceral "my god this is gorgeous" reaction I've had before or since. It was a floaty-ship kind of thing with movement on all axis and a lot of driving thru tunnels and such. They made at least three of them I think, but I think it was the first or second one that really blew my mind for visual "wow!" at the time. Was probably running it on my Riva128.
20). My Diamond Virge, which won an "Editor's Choice" at PC Magazine on release and who's reputation has been downhill ever since. Peaked too early, apparently.

Feh, enuf. I'm too sentimental apparently.

1) all of the close friends i've ever had (Martin, Cris, Shannah, Heather, Amanda) of which one now denies he ever knew me, one is stuck in the Navy for 2 more years, one I havent seen in over a decade and I'm afraid she probably is litterally a crackwhore somewhere, and one moved in with her cheating obsessive boyfriend who wont let any other guy even talk to her. Shannah, someday I'll find you.

2) my cat Elizabeth, and past pets Gretchen The Cat and Alice The Dog (god rest their souls)

3) my home, my family, my life from 1984-1994

4) every single thing in the world from 1984-1994

5) my dads cat and my moms cat

6) Amanda James, 1998 (no, Amanda, I'm not stalking you. How do I know that about you even though we havent seen each other since we were 13/14? Why, that's none of your buisiness. I most certainly do not still obsess about you and search for your name on google at 3am!!!)

7) all of the friends I've ever had, in person and online, and everyone I've ever helped. This one's for you, Kiku... wherever you are.

8 ) my old beaten-down pair of airwalks (original, beofre nike bought them out) that were always on my feet though the most intense times in my life; they served my well for almost 5 years. Embedded in them are little bits from every memory- good and bad -that I had in that chapter of my life.

silence said:
LOL..... :LOL: did i say they were Rev's? ;)

being young, horney and drunk gets you in one of those situations "WTF is THIS doing in my bed???????????" 8)

Oh yes, I know that... :oops:

I'm not that sentimental at all about anything long gone, but there are some things I will remember:

1. my first guitar
2. my first concert with my band at school back then when I was 14
3. first time I smoked pot (with a very sweet girl, we had great sex afterwards)
4. my electronics teacher (was a musician too - he'd let us do our first recordings in his studio for free and he gave me perfect grades although I hadn't really earned them :D)
5. first time I played Doom2 - I got totally sucked in instantly
6. first time I had sex with two girls

EDIT:
7. Monty Python's Flying Circus

geo said:
19). I can't remember the name of the game, which is a disgrace, but at the time it had the most visceral "my god this is gorgeous" reaction I've had before or since. It was a floaty-ship kind of thing with movement on all axis and a lot of driving thru tunnels and such. They made at least three of them I think, but I think it was the first or second one that really blew my mind for visual "wow!" at the time. Was probably running it on my Riva128.

Descent. Or Decent... I can never speel.

Anyways.

1) Old friends
2) SEGA consoles and especially games magazines
3) Thomas the Tank Engine/The Original series' of the Turtles.
4) When the jokes in 80s films were funny
5) Playing football every morning before school (FOOT to BALL)
6) Alex Kidd in Miricle world

probably way more...

sytaylor said:
geo said:

Descent. Or Decent... I can never speel.

Ah! Yes, that are it. Thanks.

Back