xbox360 PR comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabidrabbit

A Reformed Member
Legend
As there is already a Sony PS3 (mainly Ken Kutaragi) PR BS comment thread, I thought it would only be fair to make one for xbox360 and Microsoft, and because it actually was wished for in that KK thread ;)

So here, the selected PR bullshit comments from Microsoft:
J.Allard said:
"It's [xbox360] a platform that no other company in this industry can even try to match."
J.Allard said:
"It is our goal to reach one billion consumers."
Peter Moore said:
Next generation games will provide unprecedented audio and visual experiences to create worlds that are beyond real and they will deliver storylines and gameplay so compelling that it will feel like living a lucid dream.
The result is a state that you achieve a perfect mind-body equilibrium in the digital surroundings that you become completely immersed in the game itself.
Q:How important is wireless networking for the future of the Xbox?

J Allard: It's huge - it's one of the centre points of Xbox. Our long-term vision is that Xbox Live is a gaming world that ultimately projects on multiple devices, right? Today we project on Xbox, obviously. You can also get Xbox Live via the web.
Now what makes this comment BS is that xbox360 has no WiFi adapter built in, it's an accessory to be bought separately.
I just think Halo 2 is going to tip our world upside down. I think nobody will go to work on November 9th, I think there will be fights in stores over the last copies, I think it will be one of the biggest pre-orders in the history of mankind.
J.Allard said:
I think that Sony charging no money is suicidal, because more and more of the value proposition of the experience and the engagement for the gamer happens online, and so all of the... y'know, if I go and buy an Xbox to only play Project Gotham Racing and I play it for ten years - we made money out of that customer. If you do that on Sony's model, they don't. So, that's a hallucination, I mean, that's just a pathological case today.
J.Allard said:
They [Sony] are buying the exact same sand as we are. They are! Believe me; I talk to every single person and company in the world that's making silicon. I know exactly what they're doing; they know exactly what we're doing. We're all buying from the same guys, right? I mean, we chose different partners on the graphics front but all three companies have the same partner on the CPU front. We have a price point to hit; they have a price point to hit, right? I mean, it's business. It's business. There's no special silicon that you can go and buy.

We didn't think about them when we thought about our date. We thought about what was right for gaming, what was right for technology, what type would be available and went from there.
Q: How representative did you think they will be of final gameplay?

J Allard: I was looking forward to the games, because the tech demos - you remember the old man from last generation - I didn't buy a game on PlayStation 2 that had that kind of facial geometry. So I've got to move on to the games footage, and I think that's really up to...

Q: Was that not also a tech demo then?

J Allard: That was not tech demo. That was rendered.

Q: But didn't you use the same trick on Gotham 3 the other day?

J Allard: [Bounds up and down in chair, waves arms] We didn't, we didn't... First; I mean there's no trick because it was a combination of in-game footage and rendered footage, just like videogames are. So, I mean we had a combination of both those elements throughout. All the stuff that we did show that was game footage was all running on Alpha kits though, so I think it's coming along really really well.
J.Allard said:
Remember Namco Girl on PS2 (realtime demo), I remember saying 'I can't wait to get that game'. That game doesn't exist. That game is going to exist; the fidelity of the graphics of Namco Girl for PS2 will first ship on Xbox 360 called Dead Or Alive 4. Dead Or Alive 4 will have that kind of fidelity, but that's years after Namco Girl.
J.Allard said:
Higher fidelity audio, dadadada. I'm like 'I couldn't tell the difference between vinyl and CD!' It's more convenient, which is nice, and I can play it in my car and I don't have to screw up tapes, but I can't hear the difference, do I need better audio in my life?

We're almost at the point now visually where we're like, in videogames, do we need better visuals than what we saw on Monday night?
I think they’ve [Sony] mislead people being very specific about certain numbers in the press conference on Monday. We’re launching a product campaign, they’re launching a political campaign. They were clearly responsive to the system that we’ve designed. At the end of the day, our transistor count and their transistor count – about the same. Then you have to dig to the next level. We have a unified memory architecture. We didn’t tell developers how to split it, [Sony] split it. Every one of our developers might split it right down the middle but who knows. In terms of through-put and performance, they talk about 2X the floating point performance. That’s not right. They neglected to mention that we have about 3X integer performance. They further neglected to mention that 80% of games construction mix is integer and 20% is floating point so when you weight it out, we’ve actually tuned it a little bit better. In the end, it’s basically a wash. I look at it and say it’s a wash. You can make the case for us, you can make the case for them. We’ll publish a bunch of details so you guys can all speculate but it’s basically a wash. But I can say there’s will be harder to program for. And we’re going to have better software support.
Q: Will all Xbox games run on Xbox 360?

J.Allard: I will never say that we’re going to run all Xbox 1 games. What I will say is that we’re focused on a software solution. The way we’re tackling the problem is that we’re looking at the most successful, most popular games first then go down the list – so the most popular titles will (probably) run no problem. PS2 is not fully backwards compatible with PS1 – there was a problem where it wouldn’t run Gran Turismo.
J.Allard said:
I believe I designed a super high-performance system with competitive power that surpasses Sony's.
Major Nelson of Microsoft said:
• Central Processing Unit (CPU) performance.
o The Xbox 360 CPU architecture has three times the general purpose processing power of the Cell.
• Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) performance
o The Xbox 360 GPU design is more flexible and it has more processing power than the PS3 GPU.
• Memory System Bandwidth
o The memory system bandwidth in Xbox 360 exceeds the PS3’s by five times.

When you break down the numbers, Xbox 360 has provably more performance than PS3. Keep in mind that Sony has a track record of over promising and under delivering on technical performance. The truth is that both systems pack a lot of power for high definition games and entertainment.

However, hardware performance, while important, is only a third of the puzzle. Xbox 360 is a fusion of hardware, software and services. Without the software and services to power it, even the most powerful hardware becomes inconsequential. Xbox 360 games—by leveraging cutting-edge hardware, software, and services—will outperform the PlayStation 3.

Rabid: Can you provide sources for those? Without them, they're useless.

Also, am I to take it are yours, not from the source?

Source: The Internet :)

Why should I bother with more precise sources, the KK comments thread didn't have them either.

Besides, they all can be just googled if someone needs the source.

rabidrabbit said:

Why should I bother with more precise sources, the KK comments thread didn't have them either.

Xbox fans are unruly so we should be too? Hmmm... I did not think links to the quotes was a bad request :? I have read most of them before so they are real, but still context is valid. Unless of course the point was not to have context and just to stir the stupid Xbox vs. PS3 thing with no real goal to disseminate the facts.

I think that there are some valid points in some of those quotes. Even more when they aren't taken horribly out of context.

P.S - About the wireless thing, he doesn't say wireless networking on the x360 is important. He says that wirless networking is important to the xbox by connecting [handheld] devices to the xbox platform.

Can we stop this?

Both of these PR threads won't and aren't leading to anything beneficial in any way.

Bobbler said:
Can we stop this?

Both of these PR threads won't and aren't leading to anything beneficial in any way.

Agree. Can't you trolls stop killing this great forum? God dammit. I used to be happy B3D didn't need a "report this post to a moderator" button. Now it looks like we need one.

gosh said:
rabidrabbit said:
Well, this thread does have a deeper purpose than to provide reliable information :LOL:

its only purpose is to flame.

Every single one of your posts in the last few hours have had the sole purpose to flame, troll and stir things up
. You opened 4 threads with the only purpose to stir things up.

What now, can't take the same medicine?

uid1428_Avatar.jpg

seriously.. AGAIN with the "1 billion users"... Allard meant THE WHOLE biz not MS marketshare alone... please... :oops:

Acert93 said:
rabidrabbit said:

Xbox fans are unruly so we should be too? Hmmm... I did not think links to the quotes was a bad request :? I have read most of them before so they are real, but still context is valid. Unless of course the point was not to have context and just to stir the stupid Xbox vs. PS3 thing with no real goal to disseminate the facts.
Ok, I think I'll put the quotes in this thread
http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23144&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
with the source links.

To reiterate from the other thread, to which this one is... what? Some kind of "balance?"

Shut. THE. fuck. up. NOW.

This is precisely the level of retardation we do not want to cultivate. Not to start, not to "respond to..." not to do anything but punch it in the kidneys and lock it away in a deep, dark closet in which it will hopefully be long forgotten.

EndR said:
seriously.. AGAIN with the "1 billion users"... Allard meant THE WHOLE biz not MS marketshare alone... please... :oops:
THIS is why these threads are nonsense. Everyone ends up arguing over what they REALLY meant, which is subjective. There are no answers, only opinions, which'll lead to insults.

Long past time to end these.

This thread is as bad as the PS3 one. No, in fact its worse it was posted to incite flame wars and nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back