Xbox the same price as GC in UK!

SegaGT is far better than Gunvalkyrie.

Gunvalkyrie is fun at first and gets worse as the game progresses.

SegaGT is the exact opposite. It has a boringish beginning (which is why the Demo sucks), but once you get into it with some sweet cars and sweet parts and a garage full of choices, it becomes way more fun.

I'm told that both SEGA games will be on a single DVD which would mean that it isn't just M$ trying to get rid of an overstock of games and would also help prevent them from being saleable through retail outlets.

Glonk, what is your problem? That was a perfectly innocent question and somehow you seem to have managed to take offence to it... if anyone should be using :rolleyes: it should be me.

I asked the question twice in total, the first time I got no answer so I asked again 4 hours later. What is out of the ordinary with re-asking a question that you don't get an answer to?

Please re-read my posts, and look for one single indication that my questions were anything but innocent questions. In fact the point to my post was that if this is not an official price drop then no XBox is not the same price as GameCube in the U.K because GameCube's can be found under there official recomended prices to.

Your first post to me seems to be based on some over-sensativity and allot of prosumption AFAICS.

Well, seeing as everyone knows you have zero interest in buying an Xbox, and have zero interest in the financial well-being of those who have bought it, it just seems a bit suspicious that you're so eager to get an answer to your question that you ask multiple times instead of going to the website and checking for press releases.

You've got quite the reputation, and it looked like you were looking for more ammo.

Just what it looks like to me.

I don't need to currently have any interest in owning an XBox to be interested in this sort of thing. I like to keep up with things in the console industry wether they directly pertain to me or not. I did not look for a press release because I didn't need to at that point, I had a thread right there discusing it.

Plus even if a press release wasn't out that I could find this could have been a case of shops dropping prices before any official price drop from MS.. which is why I asked in this thread for confirmation of wether this was a real price drop or just a few stores dropping prices.

I find it sort of silly that your still defending your total overeaction rather then just saying, ok my mistake. I posted:

So is this another XBox price drop?! Or is this £129 deal only at some stores?

and

So is this actually an official U.K price drop to £129 for XBox or just a few shops selling them cheap?

Do you see a winking smillie?.. or any other thing that suggested I was trying to wind anyone up?, no.

Yet you accuse me of trolling based on that and then can't even admit your mistake, you really have no class at all mate.

I don't need to have any class, I'm Canadian. :D

And Teasy, your first sentence in the first post there seems like it was intended to wind people up.

"So is this another XBox price drop?!" Maybe you didn't intend it like that, but it looked like you were getting ready for a nice big fat troll about how MS is screwing customers over by dropping prices.

When you asked again when everyone ignored you (probably thinking the same thing I was, in fact), I just had to say something.

If that wasn't your intent, I apologize, but it sure as hell looked like it was. (BTW, read my wording carefully, I never said you were trolling -- I said it only looked like you were from my POV)

And Teasy, your first sentence in the first post there seems like it was intended to wind people up.

"So is this another XBox price drop?!"

A simple question of, "is this another XBox price drop", looks like a windup? Honestly I don't see anything there to suggest any windup. You can't simply assume anything I say is a windup. I think I've shown in the past that when I'm winding someone up I make it pretty clear.

If your talking about the ! at the end, well that is there because I was quite suprised to even hear anything about a price drop considering XBox only just dropped in price recently in the U.K. That's also why I added "or is this just a offer from certain stores" because I saw it as unlikely that it was a real price drop.

When you asked again when everyone ignored you (probably thinking the same thing I was, in fact), I just had to say something.

Considering how much of a stretch it was to consider a simple question as a windup I very much doubt anyone else actually thought it was.

Sometimes small posts like that get missed and that's why I posted again.

If that wasn't your intent, I apologize

Ok, no problem, lets just forget about it then :)

Steve Dave Part Deux said:
I think most people either buy what their friends have, or buy whichever system has a specific game they are particularly fond of.
Mech- I think you're underestimating how difficult a market this is to break into. There aren't even a handful of companies who would even consider dropping the kind of money that Microsoft has to make Xbox a success, and even fewer with the media ties to compete with Sony. I don't see anyone coming into the console market unless they're riding on the back of a major software house.

My point is we do have competing hardware companies though - Sony and Nintendo.

And as has been shown over the last 20 years, there are always upstarts that are willing to challenge the big guns. Who knows, Sega may come back into the market?

But it's not like Sony's going anywhere, so what's the problem?

The other thing is, if they price themselves out of the market, people just won't buy it - because they don't have to. I think you're overreacting a little.

Hey, we're raising the rest of the worlds opinion of this board by being here :D (kind of like North America)

zurich

TRAITOR! You have slept with the seductress of Universal Healthcare. You'll burn in hell for this!

Zurich, I'd like to see America and Canada trade places as the last remaining super power and 'the friendly guy next door' for a decade or two. See how you like it.

That, my friend, is why God created benefits for serving in the military. 8)

And honestly, people, you talk as if we have no social programs what so ever. If you do well in school you'll be showered with grants and scholarships. Simple as that.

I don't think you realize how afordable it is to go to University in Canada. A years tuition alone is about $4200 CDN (~$2000 USD). Now, unless you're the second coming of Bill Gates or Michael Jordon, I dont think any scholarships can beat that. As if Canadian tuition wasnt low already, there's a zillion grants and such on top of that you can apply for to lower the already pidly cost further.

For international tuition (ie: non-Canadian citizens), you're looking at about $10k CDN (~$6000 USD). Its no wonder why half of my year at UWaterloo came from Hong Kong, China, and Taiwan :p

zurich

Back