How long before a X800 wrapper (Ruby demo) appears?

Beautifully fluid for me but two points

1) From the latest download - all those files in the \shader directory must go into a \shader directory beneath the main directory of the demo - putting them in the root directory itself gives you all those errors noted above

2) Changing AGP APerature size up to 256MB or 512MB given you have sufficient memory really makes the demo fluid. On my 9800 Pro I'd say at 1024 * 768 I am getting at least 30 fps

colourless is that bit at the end with ruby parachuting away with that persons reflection in the glass supposed to be really slow?

Anyway excellent job on the wrapper, it does overall an amazing job. If you can add back the dof effects, fix the colour of rubys face and fix that close up of rubys mouth then it would be perfect :D :) :D

3D Analyze 2.34 Beta + NV40 + Ruby + 61.11:
AtiSushi00.jpg

:)

Going to try it with the 6800 Ultra Extreme later today, hopefully it runs a bit better (with the GT it drops to 15 fps at a few occasions).

I did disable Vsync and FSAA for this though (need enough mem as it is no need to make it worse with AA)

Hmmm I use the r300 one with the shader replacements and performance was dramatically improved on the NV35, from 5-8 FPS to 10-15 FPS.

Dramatic difference.

Completely watchable now.

The NV30X one does it fully Quality, At much slower speeds but the one with missing effects is much faster *shrug*

Ante P said:
3D Analyze 2.34 Beta + NV40 + Ruby + 61.11:
AtiSushi00.jpg

:)

Going to try it with the 6800 Ultra Extreme later today, hopefully it runs a bit better (with the GT it drops to 15 fps at a few occasions).

I did disable Vsync and FSAA for this though (need enough mem as it is no need to make it worse with AA)

You can try "force low precision pixel shaders" which enables _pp and should improve performance....

http://www.tommti-systems.de/main-Dateien/files.html

I've released 3DA 2.34, the new option is called "NV40 fix for R420 demos"

Thomas

To get rid of the glow artifacting on Nvidia cards, you can edit the scripts like this... Take the

// extract parts that should glow

part in every script and below it, dash out all 3 lines

// SetRenderTarget (0, cBlurPongBuffer, zReflection)
// SetViewport (0, 0, 1, 1)
// DrawQuad ("qGlow", "ExtractGlow")

It will now look a lot nicer on Nvidia cards without the glow.

Re: Volari Powaa!!!

xGL said:
Here is the Ruby demo on a XGI Volari Duo card

Pretty good, the diamond has loads of artifacts on NV40. (strange blue large tiles running all around inside it)

Lezmaka said:
I'm curious, what FPS does it run on the X800? I haven't seen anyone mention it.

On X800 XT I get 55 fps avarage
on 6800 GT + 3D Analyze I get 21 fps avarage without _pp

with _pp the whole demo is just fucked up, colors go wrong, textures are missing whole objects are missing etc.

gonna try it on the Ultra Extreme tomorrow perhaps, don't have time right now

Ante P said:
Lezmaka said:
I'm curious, what FPS does it run on the X800? I haven't seen anyone mention it.

On X800 XT I get 55 fps avarage
on 6800 GT + 3D Analyze I get 21 fps avarage without _pp

with _pp the whole demo is just fucked up, colors go wrong, textures are missing whole objects are missing etc.

gonna try it on the Ultra Extreme tomorrow perhaps, don't have time right now

At what resolution and level of fsaa is that on both cards?

Ante P said:
dan2097 said:
At what resolution and level of fsaa is that on both cards?

default (ie 1024x768 with 4x AA)

Thx, post back soon with the 6800 ultra extreme's fps :D

Of course this isnt a good way of comparing graphics cards, but atleast it shows that the gf6 doesnt whoop the X800s, i.e. The radeons managing to near equal the gffxs in dawn. Im surprised no hit desiring web site used dawn as a benchmark, it would of been interesting if not particularly useful.

Off topic: When will your R420 review be translated to english?

For those that are curious, I am currently going through and Multipassing the 'problem' shaders for Rx3x0 cards. It's taking a really long time to do it though.

Colourless said:
For those that are curious, I am currently going through and Multipassing the 'problem' shaders for Rx3x0 cards. It's taking a really long time to do it though.

Thanks for the update C...and don't go and try to rush it or release it prematurely on anyone's account. Looking forward to it.

Colourless said:
Thank you Mr. Colourless SIR! 8)

Colourless said:

Its great that you can find the time to do this :D , small question, Is it right that DXTC5 can achieve similar compression to 3DC but in the cases where 3DC is used probably compromise image quality? Would using DXTC5 instead of 3DC be impractical to implement? and would the image quality loss outweigh the smaller memory usage anyway?

Back