Movie Reviews 2.0

Netflix actually made a solid movie. It's written/directed by Jeremy Saulnier, who did Blue Ruin and Green Room. It has a lot of his trademark suspense and realism. It looks like an action movie from the trailer, but it feels very different from almost any other action movie you'll watch. I enjoyed it. The middle third brings it down a little bit, but it's a good 7/10 for me.

Trap... Please don't watch. You will lose many brain cells. Just not worth any of your time, far better movies out there to try out.
When it comes to M. Night Shyamalan I think about whether I want to see any more of his films at all. The basic ideas are sometimes ok but the realisation is poor. Nothing good is made of the idea.

When it comes to M. Night Shyamalan I think about whether I want to see any more of his films at all. The basic ideas are sometimes ok but the realisation is poor. Nothing good is made of the idea.
I've always wondered how the guy who made The Sixth Sense somehow descended into absolute trash. How does talent leave one person so suddenly, and more importantly how does he get financing for his movies when they have all pretty much been huge flops since then?

He made multiple financial sucsessfull movies. Split had a low budget and high box office.

The Village was his best movie from my point of view.

Just watched Kingdom of the planet of the apes and I liked it decent film I thought, cant tell you how it ranked because it's been such a long time since I watched the others.

So... I just watched Joker Folie à Deux...
Phoenix is incredible, Lady Gaga is perfect for the role of not Harley and it's a shame that she hadn't more screen time.
Acting in general is one of the best that I've seen recently.
Photography too. You don't notice it in other movies; here, it's oppressive, detailed, always moody, and adds to the scene instead of being just there.
The music is... well... it's a
musical.
Really.
There's still the double layer of what's going on on the reality and in Arthur's head, but turned to 11.
The plot
on the other hand is random. It leaves you confused because one point is one thing, after a minute the opposite, then again the first. In the end even Harley get bored, but I think that it was just Gaga on set insulting the director and because it was so natural they kept it. Characters keep saying stuff that doesn't match what you are seeing, and in these cases it's not some pov bs. The story keep teasing something and then wanes away. It's frustrating. For some reason keeps attaching names of the batmanverse to random characters adding to the confusion, because it's not that universe's version of this character, it's just one guy that happens to have the same name. In the end Arthur dies abruptly without climax or purpose. It just happens. It really feels like the director said "Oh, just one more thing: no more sequels". It's so random that the clearest parts are when Arthur starts to daydream. I can explain any single scene, but not how it connects to the others. And it's not that it isn't linear and simple enough, I like shows/books that leave you thinking for days, but this is not one of those.

This is a really good movie. There's actually some very decent other versions of the story, with the characters being splendid.

The one with Ralph Bates turning into a woman was well made.

The ritual movie... Very slow start...

And it made me wonders, why in these kinds of movies, the characters refuses to use gps?

I finally got around to watching Furiosa. The effects really put me off at first, but I decided to stick with it and the movie is overall very good. Just wish they'd done more practical work, even at the expense of scaling some parts back. Someone told me they weren't able to film practically because there was some environmental fallout from filming Fury Road. Never researched whether that was true or not.

Back