Little secret: I HATE OFF-ROADING!!!

Wife decided it's been long enough and we went to Jay's unannounced to pick up the Jeep, which was buried in his garage with several vehicles behind it and parts and tools all in it and over it. Ended up talking to Jay for over an hour and he's promised it'll be ready next Weds which will be the 3rd anniversary of sinking the Jeep.

The rear locker was shot and needed replacing and he again needed special sized shims and then had some sort of other problem. That was over the course of the last few weeks, just didn't seem interesting enough to post. This time I got a picture and another final build completion date so I figured what the hell. :p

Our jeep as of this afternoon:

1725658932886.png

@nutball 's reply wasn't very nice, but I have to admit, I'm of the same mind he is. How long have y'all been making car payments on a car you have no access to? That alone would drive me batshit.

I feel like a call to the insurance company would've saved you hundreds of dollars, maybe even thousands since it's been... looking thru the thread.... eighteen months?!?

Dude?!? That's literally thousands of dollars in insurance and road taxes. Not tens of thousands of dollars, of course. Still, holy shit!

How many PC upgrades could you have enjoyed during this time? Or additional funds for retirement? Or maybe even a simple vacation or two?

Dude?!? That's literally thousands of dollars in insurance and road taxes. Not tens of thousands of dollars, of course. Still, holy shit!

How many PC upgrades could you have enjoyed during this time? Or additional funds for retirement? Or maybe even a simple vacation or two?
You ain't wrong at all but I just paint the walls, I don't pick the colour. :(

Spoke to Jay just now finally. He has a new wiring harness coming in this afternoon and he thinks it'll be done after he installs that. He offered to eat the cost of all the repairs since it's been taking so long but I told him we're more than happy to pay the rest of what we agreed to we just want the Jeep back.

It started off for $1,350 to fix with us buying an additional $1,200 in parts. That was before two clutch replacements, and engine rebuild, a full engine replacement and another rebuild, new lockers, new shims, new differential drains and some interior bits, repaired parking brake and new rear drums for 'em, and a few more things I can't think of right now.

Feel free to heap on the scorn. Y'all is right and I'm wrong but we might get our Jeep back someday.

Back