Sony PlayStation VR2 (PSVR2)

Many games have like snap turning or vignette turon on as default, not sure devs can do much more than that
Devs can't. The platform operators need to do something for new users. They need to inform them up front what they can experience, that a bad experience isn't the end of the world, that they need to work up to more intense experiences, etc. If someone tries the wrong game on a VR headset and feels sick and decides not to play VR ever again, that's entirely on the VR company for failing to help new acclimate. They need a starter suite of titles included with every VR headset that help new users understand their limits, find games the can play immediately, and help them develop tolerances to enjoy more experiences.

Reactions: snc
I wouldn't call it a malfunction; just a variation. There's no situation in nature where the sensory input will conflict with the actual motion, so there's no reason to evolve either to always expect them to match and puke when they don't, nor evolve to be able to accept independent conflicting motion signals. Unless there's evidence we're at an everyday disadvantage because we can see ourselves moving when static without feeling nauseous, it's just a quirk. Like tongue-rolling.

We likely make good sailors...

I heard something about a positioning hypothesis. If I remember correctly the thought was that if the brain gets conflicting singals that could be because we have been positioned, so if we throw up that might get rid of the position. Apparently that should explain why VR motion sickness persists so long afterwards: to get rid of the posion. After my first PSVR2 session I felt nauseous for at lest two hours, after a few minutes play time.

there are many games, especially on standalone devices, that don't require locomotion, or use roomscale so you actually move yourself in the environment (but you need space)
mixed reality games are also an option for pople who get sick.

I have tried some of the valve demos (which are awesome), and I think VR is amazing. I do think however, and probably to a degree because I get so motion sick when Im not moving IRL, that games need to be made from the ground up for VR. I have tried just a few minutes of Alyx, but from what I´ve seen from videos etc the action seem to made for VR in mind: like you´re taking cover behind a car, using your gravity glove to throw back grenades being thrown at you etc. All your actions are as close to real life interactions as possible. I tried a few minutes of RE4 VR, but aside from the motion sickness I got, that game isnt designed to utilizy VRs strengths to its fullest, its more of an afterthought. An add on to a game which is a third person action game.

I think a LA Noire game for VR would be awesome. Looking at clues, investigating crime scenes, interogating suspects, shotouts where youre leaning out from behind cover.

I have tried some of the valve demos (which are awesome), and I think VR is amazing. I do think however, and probably to a degree because I get so motion sick when Im not moving IRL, that games need to be made from the ground up for VR. I have tried just a few minutes of Alyx, but from what I´ve seen from videos etc the action seem to made for VR in mind: like you´re taking cover behind a car, using your gravity glove to throw back grenades being thrown at you etc. All your actions are as close to real life interactions as possible. I tried a few minutes of RE4 VR, but aside from the motion sickness I got, that game isnt designed to utilizy VRs strengths to its fullest, its more of an afterthought. An add on to a game which is a third person action game.
re4 remake vr is better than like 99% of low budget vr content even specialy created for vr ;d Hybrid approach is only aaa we can get taking into account that vr is a niche and unfortunelty we dont get even this too often

VR needs to be standalone and not tethered, even if it means worse visuals. Price point is also very important, they sold a lot of Quest 2 since the price cut, even though it's outdated against 3.

re4 remake vr is better than like 99% of low budget vr content even specialy created for vr ;d Hybrid approach is only aaa we can get taking into account that vr is a niche and unfortunelty we dont get even this too often

Yeah, its a shame. I wouldt pay the price for PSVR2 to play some low budget gimmick games.

VR needs to be standalone and not tethered, even if it means worse visuals. Price point is also very important, they sold a lot of Quest 2 since the price cut, even though it's outdated against 3.
Nah, give me games like village, re4r, gt7 over anything that can run standalone, Im realy tired of indie level games on vr

Back