The future of PC gaming is hiding all the cabling mess.

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
Gaming PCs with no visible cables are the boldest design change I've seen in a decade of building computers

Building a rig with MSI's Project Zero is a glimpse into the (almost) cable-less future of PC gaming

Great Scott! Asus' Back to the Future cable-hiding system is no gimmick, it's the future of gaming and enthusiast PCs

Modern PC cases are already designed to minimize cables on the front side, but since some connectors are not near the edge of the motherboard, it's not possible to hide some cables.
If all connectors are on the back side, it can be even easier to upgrade and manage cables.

Looks nice but makes upgrading a huge pain in the ass.
On my last build I mostly routed the cables where I thought they would be easiest to work with rather than hiding them. After a couple decades of building PCs I've come to the conclusion that cable management is mostly a counterproductive waste of time. I don't give a fuck if I can see cables inside of my PC.

Aethestics is really the only area in which DIY and boutique builds can differentiate and therefore have people paying more of a premium for. Which is why the money and direction is all in that area for DIY.

Functionally speaking there is very little for the DIY industry to differentiate with now with how products are now configured out of the box.

Back