Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Apparently these games here

will work but with errors , someone went through that meta data another person had and found all those .

This is what Mafia 3 says in the store

ZjOsGpZ.png

So it seems like BC is coming in hot and messy for Sony. Hopefully this is jsut software work and sony will get it all running right in the future

That looks like a cached google list? Those statements arent on the website now and contain stipulations that may or may not exist. Hopefully john has his ps5 ready to investigate

Same for handpicked bad optimized ports. Dmc5 loads about as fast and its said to be ps5 optimized.
Next gen pci4 nvme optane gtav pc va ps5 intresting.

This a recent game releasing on next gen console and you have one example of a game non open world and it load slower than PS5 but not much slower. Again wait the game who take a long time to load like open world game and compare.

We will be able to compare Watchdog Legions at least on Xbox Series X using direct storage not sure if they optimized the PS5 version but I suppose XSX will load faster than PC.

BC for old games is handled by Sony
Pretty sure BC is handled by the developers. Sony would just identify a game with the problem but the developer would have to deal with BC and maybe some assistance from Sony.

Those initial 10 games that weren't listed for BC were all referred to the developers to fix.

Pretty sure BC is handled by the developers. Sony would just identify a game with the problem but the developer would have to deal with BC and maybe some assistance from Sony. Those initial 10 games that weren't listed for BC were all referred to the developers to fix.
I don't see this happening. If I've built a game for PS4 and it works fine on PS4 then years after I've stopped updating it because I've moved onto other projects, Sony approach me to say this doesn't work on PS5 I don't see that as my problem. That's Sony's problem for not having a better b/c solution. Nor am I revisiting a codebase I've not touched for three years. :nope:

Maybe I'll think twice about releasing further games on Sony consoles if Sony expect me to maintain the game in perpetuity so it runs on hardware not available to me when I develop the damn game.

Back