Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

So it's basically PS5 will be 499 or less. While PS5 digital edition will be less than 499 but more than 299.

At least if we look at Xsx and Xss prices

So it's basically PS5 will be 499 or less. While PS5 digital edition will be less than 499 but more than 299.

At least if we look at Xsx and Xss prices

I tend to think that it is very misleading to attribute Sony's pricing to whatever Microsoft was doing. I believe that the inverse of that is true that Microsoft was/is going to match Sony but that is to remember that both companies are pushing for different things at the onset of this generation. Both want market share but I don't think that Sony is going to go tit for tat with Microsoft on this aspect of pricing. I would not even be surprised to see both PS5 consoles at the same price and the digital version marketed as not having to go to a store to get your games any longer or something. I just think more people are comfortable with Sony losing more money than Sony might be comfortable with.

I bet LB already played with his thing long (no pun intended) enough to know if that's true.

PS5 launch date.

Not without rubbing in some PS5 SSD extract, no, not yet.

Back on topic. Question. Could someone explain to me why someone mentioned something like, if you're not transferring 5.5GB / second, the smaller file goes in faster? Could someone explain that.

Question. Could someone explain to me why someone mentioned something like, if you're not transferring 5.5GB / second, the smaller file goes in faster? Could someone explain that.

Is it in the context of two different systems with two different speeds, such that loading 1 GB data at 2.4 GB/s would be completing before other system loading 4 GB of data at 5.5 GB/s?

Or was it framed entirely within the PS5 system? Where its about system contention where smaller files may be lower priority than other files or IO requests and thus may have to wait a bit longer to complete the request because it doesn't start immediately?

PS AA, sounds like what you have to go to in order to deal with lack of info. :LOL:

Is it in the context of two different systems with two different speeds, such that loading 1 GB data at 2.4 GB/s would be completing before other system loading 4 GB of data at 5.5 GB/s?

Or was it framed entirely within the PS5 system? Where its about system contention where smaller files may be lower priority than other files or IO requests and thus may have to wait a bit longer to complete the request because it doesn't start immediately?

These. I'd appreciate some expansions or more eli5 than it already is :)

Again, it’s because while you may not need 20GB of data to be transferred in 1 second, you may very well need, say, 3GB to be transferred in 0.15 seconds.

Very fast Loading or have very fast portal... It means you can load something in less than a second.

I read from another place that said something like the PS5's APU cannot handle 5.5GB/S and said it was a waste.

These. I'd appreciate some expansions or more eli5 than it already is :)

I read from another place that said something like the PS5's APU cannot handle 5.5GB/S and said it was a waste.

:LOL:

For loading or portal faster is better when PCIE5 will release on PC with Direct Storage, people will understand.;)

This might be a dumb question. How much GB or MB are there in a frame?
It really isn't but it's also one of those "how long is a piece of string?" type questions, do we count the culled geometry that was unnecessary to Frame A as part of it's Ram budget? What about the textures for items not in the viewport? All of this stuff has to be in Ram but may not contribute to any given frame.

It really isn't but it's also one of those "how long is a piece of string?" type questions, do we count the culled geometry that was unnecessary to Frame A as part of it's Ram budget? What about the textures for items not in the viewport? All of this stuff has to be in Ram but may not contribute to any given frame.

I see. I was wondering how much current gen games cost in mb/gb per frame but it seems there are too many factors. I guess the only easy answer is current games like on the PS5 cost about 5.5 GB.
I wonder if that's a coincidence where PS5 does 5.5GB/S while PS4 games are up to 5.5GB in RAM.

Does this mean Sony can actually do a frakenstein game for testing purposes where the PS5 can do a PS4 to PS4 game jump every second?

I see. I was wondering how much current gen games cost in mb/gb per frame but it seems there are too many factors. I guess the only easy answer is current games like on the PS5 cost about 5.5 GB.
I wonder if that's a coincidence where PS5 does 5.5GB/S while PS4 games are up to 5.5GB in RAM.

Does this mean Sony can actually do a frakenstein game for testing purposes where the PS5 can do a PS4 to PS4 game jump every second?

No that makes no sense.
At most you can say that the framebuffer is a fixed size if you know your resolution. Everything else is variable to some extent.

Back