Nvidia Ampere Discussion [2020-05-14]

That's not enough given you're ramping the datarates way up.

HBM.

It's apples to oranges comparison if same data rate is not used for comparison. Power per transferred bit is good measure and shows gddr6x is more efficient per transferred bit. Same efficiency gain would be true for higher data rates as well if gddr6 could do that(it cannot)

So.. that Igor dude was right all the time, and GDDR6X is real. I guess we should trust him more in the future.
1TB/s on a consumer videocard.. wow.
Let's just hope AMD can compete and prevent nvidia from asking >$1500 for these cards.

Also a pic of a RTX 3080 (?) board has leaked. Not much to see tho.

You mean other than the fact that there are 3x 8-pin connectors, providing the board with a theoretical total of 450W (or 525W if we count with the PCIe supply)?
I guess if this is an engineering sample there's usually a lot more power available than it actually needs, though that looks like a 3rd party PCB to me.

So.. that Igor dude was right all the time, and GDDR6X is real. I guess we should trust him more in the future.
While Igor was right about that (not the first to claim it though) and has pretty good knowledge and track record, he has been posting things that are even less likely, like claiming MI100 & 200 are RDNA instead of CDNA and that MI200 would come as single and dual chip versions (like AMD would ever name them same)

You mean other than the fact that there are 3x 8-pin connectors, providing the board with a theoretical total of 450W (or 525W if we count with the PCIe supply)?
I guess if this is an engineering sample there's usually a lot more power available than it actually needs, though that looks like a 3rd party PCB to me.
Shouldn't post mid-game, forgot the latter half of the post. This is supposedly Colorful's Vulkan-series RTX 3090, not reference. They've used 3x8-pin in Vulkan-series on 2080 Ti too, for example.

Last edited:
https://elchapuzasinformatico.com/2...ondaria-un-precio-en-torno-a-los-1-700-euros/

I don't know if they are trustable but one rumor is the 3090 at 1700 euros in Europe

Lol. If there's a 3080, a 3080 ti and a 3090, I could believe it. If the 3090 is basically a 3080 ti, then that would put the 3080 over $1K? I honestly can't imagine them launching with that price.

RTX 2070 and 2080 were $600 and $700 respectively (MSRP). Realistically, I can't see the 3080 being $1K. I could believe $800 or 850. I hope it's not, but I could believe it.

Lol. If there's a 3080, a 3080 ti and a 3090, I could believe it. If the 3090 is basically a 3080 ti, then that would put the 3080 over $1K? I honestly can't imagine them launching with that price.

RTX 2070 and 2080 were $600 and $700 respectively (MSRP). Realistically, I can't see the 3080 being $1K. I could believe $800 or 850. I hope it's not, but I could believe it.

GPU and PC components are more expensive in Europe than in US. If it is 1700 euros maybe it will be 1200/1300 dollars in US.

It could have 100TF and 10TB/s bandwidth and I still wouldn't consider paying a price like that for a graphics card. I really hope this generation doesn't become that ridiculous or I may be checking out.

Either the best or bust eh? Doesn't really matter to me if they invent new marketing names and price levels as long as the cheaper stuff also gets a nice performance boost.

Back