Next Generation Hardware Speculation with a Technical Spin [pre E3 2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its hard to believe MS has no idea what Sony has planned for their PS5 hardware, or vice versa? PS4 and One had very identical hardware, same GPU and CPU, same amount of RAM. I mean how could they not?
They have different needs now going into next gen. MS actually has a vision and leadership of what they are trying to accomplish across their entire business. Previously it never had the profile or integration with the rest of MS as it does now. They will move to do what's best for them, I think they are not as concerned with what PS5 is doing at least from a power perspective. They would be concerned with how Sony is positioning PS5 however.

Its hard to believe MS has no idea what Sony has planned for their PS5 hardware, or vice versa? PS4 and One had very identical hardware, same GPU and CPU, same amount of RAM. I mean how could they not?
It was revealed in this very forum a couple years back at the beginning of current gen that AMD employees disguise as waiters during MS business dinner meetings and give out confidential Sony info in codes such as "would you like a side of GDDR4 with that?" that's how MS conceived their trademarked Secret Sauce Technology.

Last edited:
Pc and console, this doesnt state ps5 will have RT? Or is it a confimation it does?
it states they expect RT to be relevant in the near future. We can’t say whether that means fixed function hardware or not.

It's not a confirmation, but how many PC games does Sony make?

Slight trick question, as Sony produce PhyreEngine that is cross-platform and has been used on PC titles

RIP SOE

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daybreak_Game_Company

The south-east of England has fairly low rainfall; it's the north and west that get all the rain. London is (significantly) drier than Atlanta, Boston, New York, Tampa, and Washington. It rains more days than Dallas, but not as much rain.

https://www.currentresults.com/Weather/index.php

Data really does show how wrong public perception can be from reality, and how readily people repeat things they've heard without the brain caring to source evidence. Effectively, create a plausible suggestion and repeat it among enough people, and it becomes the de facto fact until contested. The brain's default is to accept everything as true until disproved rather than wait until there's proof.

BTW, a dev friend told me PS5 has 20 TFs and RT hardware and really fast stacked RAM. :yep2:

Really?
Wow.
$299?

Nvme m.2 ssd raid 0, ryzen 2 threadripper 2990wx 32c/64t, base clock 3ghz, turbo to 4.2ghz.
Why not dual Navi gpu on the APU ala crossfire. Watercooling might be an option with those specs. The console could do more then just play video games at 30fps too :p

Last edited:
BTW, a dev friend told me PS5 has 20 TFs and RT hardware and really fast stacked RAM. :yep2:

Shifts, I would have expected this from many members, but not from a mod, and lest of all you.
In a thread about SPECULATION you come and ruin all the fun with REAL UNCONTESTABLE FACT? What are we going to speculate about now?

Everything so far has been unreal speculations as we have no single clue whats in ps5. Ppl come here and dream away till specs land (and be shocked by its mid range specs :S).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back