Accurate Human Rendering in Game [2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best realistic female rendering that's for sure. And not only that, some of the scenes in the game are truly astounding, I have to admit it goes beyond even God of War in those scenes.

I don't know if it's just me, but i'm not that impressed by the skin shaders in Detroit. So maybe the characters look excellent when they are in ideal conditions, but in the screenshots posted by Clukos the skin is a bit too soft for my tastes. There's also film grain in this scene.

I don't have the game though.

Could we find something similar to that in the game with other lighting conditions ? :

lauren-02.jpg

This is this kind of skin rendering i would have expected in such a game.

Edit : on the other hand, i was impressed by this video posted by ulragpu

Last edited:
Activision was probably using 8k texture maps for that head alone and one more level of mesh smooth on the model. PS5 models in cutscene could reach that tho.

Kara's skin is supposed to look soft, roughness varies a lot in the game. Some two other screenshots:

detroit_becomehuman_2l3um8.jpg

detroit_becomehuman_2kvue8.jpg

I'm forcing myself not to take too many on my first playthrough but I'll be posting some more spoilery ones on my second one :)

Last edited:
This already looks more "real" than that "non gameplay" Activision model imho

detroit_becomehuman_2gluhw.jpg

It looks much more "gamey" to me. From what i've seen of this game, characters look good but i'm more impressed by the envrionnements.

It doesn't look gamey at all, more like a filmic or low end CGI look to me. The lighting, shadowing and high quality post processing really add a lot to the already top notch model, skin shaders and eye shaders. Next gen just need to add some actual strands of hair instead of polygon sheets and we would be almost there.

I know the thread says in 2018 game but I would like to know if we will get hair that kind of looks real next gen? It's been a bugbear of mine forever. Used to be trees but last gen kind of sorted them out.

My irritation is still lack of proper breathing [that affects everything from nose down to belly]. Detailed [or any] belly/chest/neck breathing animations are still quite rare since they are not mocapped [mocapping is tracking bulky suit].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back