God of War [PS4, PC]

New small gameplay teaser, looks like they added gpu particles on fire and ice element :). Flame also seems somewhat fluid based? Still wanna see a huge boss battle before release, it needs to remind us how epic the game could get on current gen machine!

New small gameplay teaser, looks like they added gpu particles on fire and ice element :). Flame also seems somewhat fluid based? Still wanna see a huge boss battle before release, it needs to remind us how epic the game could get on current gen machine!
This talk about fluid based fire reminded me of Deep Down....which has disappeared from the face of the earth

Deep Down is down the drain to me quite sometime ago, no news updates, no nothing, if it ever resurfaces it would be a PS5 launch title however ironic it may be.
But yeah I bet SSM hasn't shown us the final form yet knowing how much their game can improve by release. Going 30fps should give them plenty of room to play around with the visuals.

Nice!!! Hopefully not some bullshit collect stuff side quests...

He said that players will be able to “get off the bus and hop back in”, the bus being the story, in order to do other things. So GOW is now a “main mission/side missions” kind of game, hence you will inevitable end up collecting stuff - though it will probably be mainly for trophies, perhaps.

Did not expect that length:)! It does sound like a sandbox type of game now from what I hear or the game could simply be way more epic than we imagined in terms of story arcs and realms to be covered. I still wish they don't sacrifice too much of the Titan sized boss battles in favor of a sandbox level design, but knowing how grandeur GOW2 was I have full faith in Cory for not forgetting the meat and sauce that defined how epic the series is from the others.

That looks crazy good, I think PS4 just broke its inner shell and acquired Migatte no Gokui running this kind of graphics:). Love this trailer, the emotion, character designs and dialogues are pretty legit. 20/04 feels so far away!!

HDR confirmed too. Not that there were any doubts. I hope Sony starts implementing systems we saw in Assassins Creed and GTS, where we can set the peak brightness based on our sets. So far the HDR implementations on some Sony games has been a bit meh, main culprit being Uncharted.

Good good, HDR is a must for their crown jewel game this year. I also want WCG support like in GTS, the game seems to have a rather saturated color tone and it does mesh well in a mythical fantasy setting so an expanded color output would be very beneficial. Now if only SSM could disclose the Pro support, like the game is about to launch soon and we still haven't seen any Pro footage nor any info on it. Tho I'm betting 4k CBR 30fps with improved AF and maybe LOD.

About reward from exploration, he wants to stay close to how they do it in Tomb Raider and Shadow of the Colossus:
...so going full open world felt maybe not in what we wanted to do. A thing they had done in the Tomb Raider game...wide linear...moving forward through the story but having lot of freedom and Shadow of the colossus is a great example...free to explore and discover and I was rewarded for that discovery...

This is exactly how I wanted exploration in this game !

Back