God of War [PS4, PC]

I wonder how many Titan sized or near Titan sized boss fights we would be getting in this game, it sure has the length and budget to contain many. Has there been any mention of making it to a trilogy or will Norse story be a one game only experience? So far the safe bets are the World Serpent:
NarTrailer_Print09.max-1920x1200.jpegquality-90.jpg

The start of Ragnarok and what would be an end without fighting this beast right?
The obvious giant creature from the Story trailer
MbUk3vg.jpg

Most likely one of those, when alive.
wqe8k5H.jpg

The potential for gigantic sized Fenrir
maxresdefault.jpg

Surtr
d46296017ab300a555f2e84182ebd7f4.jpg

Hela commanding giant undead creatures, giant ice beasts from Niflheimr and the gods themselves.
For a 25 hours single player which is more than twice the length of previous titles which also featured a good number of giant boss battles themselves, I kinda want at least 4-5 of those titanic epic battles in this entry, or am I shooting for disappointment :)?

I find it difficult to believe this game, as great as it may be, can be as shocking as God of War III. If this comes close to that level I'll now and tip my hat. I don’t think any other game last generation was as eye opening. YMMV.

I find it difficult to believe this game, as great as it may be, can be as shocking as God of War III. If this comes close to that level I'll now and tip my hat. I don’t think any other game last generation was as eye opening. YMMV.
I don't think it'll give you that blood rushing thrill ride experience like GoW3 does for obvious reason. The latter obviously has the benefit of having all the pieces set and you're moving towards the end game, so to speak. So pacing and tonal wise it's almost like the polar opposite since you're actually starting off fresh here in the new entry. The more open design that's tailored towards an exploration game would also make you feel more grounded and less rushed I suppose. I can easily see this more like GoW2, an epic adventure with great variety, perhaps more bosses than both the 2nd and the 3rd one respectively given the estimated length. But yeah, don't be surprised if it's not as shocking as GoW3.

There will probably be more improvements which the Blog would have omitted or missed if DF gets a go at it. I wouldn't be surprised of slightly better LOD, 8x AF and a few higher res textures here and there while the rest of the extra power if any left would go to a more stable framerate. After all they wouldn't want to leave the base PS4 owners too much behind for overall visuals, even if they could improve elsewhere. Mid gen policy is a thing.

PS4 Pro enhancements including HDR, Wide Color Gamut and Dynamic 4k achieved with 4k CBR.
https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...he-limited-edition-god-of-war-ps4-pro-bundle/
Game is gonna look phenomenally good. Love the addition of Wide Color Gamut:), some of those more colorful Realms are gonna be eye popping confirmed.

HDR and WCG are not Pro enhancements. That would be a kick in the face of regular PS4 owners as their base consoles are perfectly capable of handling hdr and wcg.

Last edited:
I saw the entire footage, and damn! The game looks gorgeous and combat system is intense and versatile. Everything is from the very start of the game, so there is plenty space left for more complicated encounters, tactics and gear/spell use.

Saw a leaked B roll gameplay earlier but now taken down, the combat looked friken amazing, very weighty and brutal! Visuals are insane, makes something like Shadow of War look like a PS3 game in comparison. Really can't wait for Monday's media blow out.
https://abload.de/img/1ilo79.gif
Working link.
https://streamable.com/tnz2f
Is it my impression or is the POV a lot narrower than previous GoW games? Looks like Horizon or Uncharted...

Is it my impression or is the POV a lot narrower than previous GoW games? Looks like Horizon or Uncharted...
New GoW has completely different camera system where users fully controls the camera that rotates directly around Kratos. Plus annother addition, there are no camera cuts. Entire game is done in "one take". There will be cinematic moments when camera moves away from Kratos, but there will be no "cuts".

Old games had "a la Resident Evil" fixed or on-the-rails camera which user could not control. Camera would move by itself depending on the location of the Kratos on the field.

Back