Official Xbox Project Scorpio Consumer Naming Thread *spawn*

What will be the official consumer product name for Xbox Project Scorpio?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Xbox One Enterprise Millennium Falcon. MS's E3 conference should start with William Shatner and Harrison Ford walking out with Scorpio Consoles raised above their heads. They could pepper the presentation with Star Trek and Star Wars disses.

Anyway, don't really know but would expect something really basic and unimaginative. Only Nintendo seems to have the desire to try something other than affixing simple numerics or alphanumerics to the end of brand names.

My favourite name and hopefully the one they are going to use..

Xbox PC

Anyway the HUGE win would be... Xbox W10S (with an included Win 10 S on dual boot)... I would just eliminate the ONE brand in it to mark the discontinuity (on the ps4-pro the continuity doesnt have payd much). Of course a WIN 10S unable to play or install anything not into the Windows Store (wich is a feature of win 10 s).

(on the ps4-pro the continuity doesnt have payd much)
You don't know that. If it wasn't called 4Pro it could have sold much less for all we know. Sales of 4Pro aren't attributable only to name! ;)

The problem with a lack of name continuity on XBox is potentially confusing the market, and that's never good. What would have happened to the XBox One S if it was called the XBox Venture? Or the PS4 Slim if it was called a PlayStation Orb? A new name suggests a new product range, but at the same time it's not a new generation but a high end version of the current gen. Keeping the name adds to the messaging and connects Scorpio marketing and services with XBox One's. Importantly, you buy Xbox One games and play them on your XBox One console regardless of suffix. You don't go into a store and wander past the large XBox One section wondering where the XBox W10S section is and why your console hasn't any games. Nor does MS have to print two boxes for the same game and worry about additional stock management - one software SKU would serve all XBox One consoles.

It going to be called the...

Xbox 6 Exchange

"BOOM!!!...One up that Sony with your PS5!"
"BOOM!!!...How you like our play on words with that definition Nintendo!"
"BOOM!!! Caitlyn Jenner is going to be our new spokesperson for the console!"

Phil Spencer: "Wait...WHAT!?"

Ok. I agree. So what about Xbox One Ten (or even Xbox 1.10) (Or even Xbox One Teen)...

thinking of it, though, we haven't had enough of Xbone, now we are going to have XboX X. :oops:

Xbox One X ... written is ok, pronunced too similar with Xbox One S
Same meaning: Xbox One Ten... Xbox 1.10
Numbers fit well (and take fortune) to the xbox brand....

What does he "S" stand for in Xbox One S? Is it for Small?
Could the Scorpio be simply an Xbox One E, as in Elite.

@rabidrabbit I believe the s stands for Slim. People in the console space are used to this nomenclature and they expect a refresh of the original form factor down the line, a smaller, quieter, cooler design.

That´s why I think an E wouldn´t work. They ´d need to educate the average consumer, What´s the meaning of an E??

A sufix like Pro, Ultra. Gives it right there in the first place.

Back