Ratchet and Clank [PS4]

23685667493_20c84151f8_z.jpg

Out 20th April 2016 :yes: - unless you're in France then it's 15th April 2016 for no apparent reason at all! Vive la France!

I would really like a great R&C game, but this won't be it. I'll cry and play Yakuza 5 instead.....

Why not? This is a reboot of the series.
I don't know much about it the game other than what I played at a best buy a while back, but it just doesn't feel nearly as good as the old games. 60 fps is an integral feature of these games to me.

Did the PS3 games run at 60 or 30? I never got a chance to try them.

It will release at almost the same time as Uncharted 4???

Damm... Quantum Break is also at that period and this makes 3 games I want released in the same month... :(

I understand this one may be quite good! I was never a big fan, but my son is getting the right age ...

This will undoubtedly be awesome ! But I will be disappointed if its not 60fps cos Nexus really suffered for it. Otherwise Nexus was superb but stuttering 30fps is not what RnC games shine at.
Going by the beautiful visuals I am wary this would be 30fps too :(

I'll most likely be busy playing DS3 during that time, but R&C is something I'm gonna buy day 1 regardless. Chasing that Pixar dream deserves a reward. I never played Into the Nexus, but I'm hoping the 30 fos cap isn't going to bother me.

Insomniac decided on 30fps for all titles going forward 7 years ago. I doubt they'll ever go back.

I just hope that they will make it worth our while with face melting effects and a stable FPS.

Insomniac decided on 30fps for all titles going forward 7 years ago. I doubt they'll ever go back.

I just hope that they will make it worth our while with face melting effects and a stable FPS.

Hm. The PS2 games were some of the best looking(or at least far above average) ps2 games and they ran at 60.

They decided after Crack in Time, their last 60 fp game. has it been 7 years ???

I'll most likely be busy playing DS3 during that time, but R&C is something I'm gonna buy day 1 regardless. Chasing that Pixar dream deserves a reward. I never played Into the Nexus, but I'm hoping the 30 fos cap isn't going to bother me.
Nexus was a fantastic game but the framerate dipped during the best moments and it felt really really n on-ratchet at those times. Without the stability of framerate, it just isn't fun. Something I found out first had. The whole 30 fps felt sosluggish and slow for a ratchet fun game.

Hm. The PS2 games were some of the best looking(or at least far above average) ps2 games and they ran at 60.

Well, regardless of how they looked at that time, all i am saying is that Insomniac has made the calculation that they needed double the render time, or it would simply be easier conforming to that standard.

I aint mad, as long as as the game is good

They decided after Crack in Time, their last 60 fps game. has it been 7 years ???

Yeah, Crack in time was in 2009 after all. Its been a while since they cared about that sort of thing.

Well, regardless of how they looked at that time, all i am saying is that Insomniac has made the calculation that they needed double the render time, or it would simply be easier conforming to that standard.

The problem is that the game can't be as good as you can't see clearly when you are moving fast and the latency is higher. This makes everything worse for the type of game R&C is (or is supposed to be). And it makes me so so sad.....

Try running one of the ps2 games in pcsx2 and then turn on frameskipping for every other frame.

...Actually that might not be a good idea if you're excited for the new one.

Back