Life is Strange (by Dontnod Entertainment) [PS3, X360, PS4, XO]

episode 2 is leaked. the dev said that they are dissapointed by this leak. but if you already buy the season pass...

the game also make much negative buzz due to their marketing/PR failed to properly indicate episode 2-5 is not yet available. Steam forum flooded with question about "the game broken, episode 2 keep asking to buy when i already buy, want refund" etc...

btw the leak currently still a minor one. Its in MEGA, did not appear on major torrent sites. No "official" release from "cracker group".

i tempted to try it but people that played it says the game still buggy although it sync well with steam achievements.

Just about to dip my toes in Episode 2...
I just started Episode 1 yesterday night. I liked it very much, and my girlfriend was watching me play, it was something different and refreshing. The style reminds me of Broken Sword (which I LOVE) a lot, dialogue wise.

I am still confused as to how your decisions work (I am just in the bathroom part... if you know what I mean).

a lot of the decission is just an ilussion (you dont actually can to something different and you are being led to do the specific thing the developer has planned).

a lot of the decission is just an ilussion (you dont actually can to something different and you are being led to do the specific thing the developer has planned).
Ah okay, it's not RPG like then. The games tells you from the very beginning that your decisions matter a lot, so I am more confused now. Why did they bother then?

@Cyan
theres a few specific things that change a little tid-bit of the story. Dunno how it will matter a lot.

currently its something very small like... this story i just made up.

Cyan is a President of The World.
In one morning, Cyan saw a cat in front of his house.
A. Cyan give it a milk
B. Cyan ignore it

If choose A, in the afternoon Cyan will see the cat again.
if choose B, cyan did not see the cat again.

Regardless the decission, Cyan's story as President of The World will continue normally.

please no spoilers :D

i planning to play it years later if all episode released or if Square finally wise-up and sell single episode 2 on steam.

please no spoilers :D

i planning to play it years later if all episode released or if Square finally wise-up and sell single episode 2 on steam.
I just completed the Episode 2 yesterday in my Xbox One.

I am hopelessly in love with this game! After finishing Episode 1 I felt I had to get Episode 2. I did... and now I feel tainted. I can't wait for Episode 3!!! It should be out now, sigh...

Each episode can last like 3-4 hours. I concluded the 2nd episode in almost one sitting. I am in love with Max and this game.

Now for the not so good things; the game doesn't seem to be 1080p native, plus it doesn't run at 60 fps, contrary to what I thought at first. The expressiveness of the characters..well, it's not very real.

But all of that doesn't even matters when you start playing it and the story drags you in.

@Cyan
theres a few specific things that change a little tid-bit of the story. Dunno how it will matter a lot.

currently its something very small like... this story i just made up.

Cyan is a President of The World.
In one morning, Cyan saw a cat in front of his house.
A. Cyan give it a milk
B. Cyan ignore it

If choose A, in the afternoon Cyan will see the cat again.
if choose B, cyan did not see the cat again.

Regardless the decission, Cyan's story as President of The World will continue normally.
After completing the two initial episodes, I've gotta say that your actions have consequences. The game makes it clear with an icon after a choice, whether they will be good or bad it's another story.

I think I didn't explore the most dramatic consequences yet, just because I chose what my intuition told me was the best option for the result I expected to get. Sometimes it's not very obvious. Other times is like you say, the response doesn't seem to change things much, the outcome is just a different line of dialog, but yes, it's not always the same and little details are important, it seems.

Hopefully none of the characters I like in this game suffers the consequences of my decisions.

Collecting information using the Look command can be very useful in certain conversations, and so on...

Back