Battlefield 4 official discussion/thread. [PS4,XO,PS3,X360]

Yeah, I haven't heard any bad things about PS3 or 360. PC version sounds like it's the worst of the bunch.

I really enjoy the game when it works. Seems clear to me it shouldn't have come out until the spring or summer at the earliest. A full year probably would have been a good idea. Battlefield 3 could have had more legs.

That's interesting as I got the PC version a couple of weeks back and I've found it absolutely fine. I was under the impression it was the console versions that were borked. I understand all about the crashing issues (server and client) on the PC but I thought the previous patches sorted that out?

From what I see others bitching about in some EFNet IRC channels, the PC version is quite broken -- crash to desktop after 4 or 5 games if it even gets that far, other various crashes and memory leaks, various graphical glitches which makes the image LOL-tastic.

fmu03.png

Has anyone played as the commander using a tablet yet. Since I restarted on a new account. I am not level 10 yet. Playing on tablet, does it require you to fire up the game on ur console too? Or is it independent?

Has anyone played as the commander using a tablet yet. Since I restarted on a new account. I am not level 10 yet. Playing on tablet, does it require you to fire up the game on ur console too? Or is it independent?

I would like to know also, wish it would come to android.

WTF... 2nd 615 MB update in less than a week ?

and Dice thanks for having to watch that scene at the start of the campaign again. Lost my save game / checkpoint....

I managed to play a whole evening (PC) with no crashes today. Looks like this latest patch has helped me out at least. Prior to that I'd crash every 5-10 minutes.

No connection issues for me at all tonight. Got into every game first try. Only problem remaining is that my online shooter skills are diminishing, so I'm just not very good anymore.

WTF... 2nd 615 MB update in less than a week ?

and Dice thanks for having to watch that scene at the start of the campaign again. Lost my save game / checkpoint....

Could you please state which version you are playing? Also, did you lose the game-save before or after the update or perhaps because of the update?

I haven't really started the campaign yet out of fear it'll happen to me again (PS4 version), so knowing if you experienced this on the PS4 would be very helpful... thanks.

Could you please state which version you are playing? Also, did you lose the game-save before or after the update or perhaps because of the update?

I haven't really started the campaign yet out of fear it'll happen to me again (PS4 version), so knowing if you experienced this on the PS4 would be very helpful... thanks.

I have to check which build/version I have since last night. For sure I lost the game-save because of the update. The previous update (from end of last week) went ok. I almost finished the first chapter, bit frustrating if you've to through it all again. Can't imagine if you had almost finished the game...

The resetting of campaign problem exists on the ps3 too. People say it happens if u play MP. I can't tell, but my campaign progresswas reset 3 times on the ps3. I didn't bother trying after that as the only reason I was lpaying the campaign was the gun unlocks,e specially the P90.

Btw, I couldn't get into the building one is supposed to enter in the second chapter in any way,when i actually could get there. There were numerous bugs in thesecond level which never let me progress anyways.

Will try again when I get my ps4 on 6th Jan,

I have to check which build/version I have since last night. For sure I lost the game-save because of the update. The previous update (from end of last week) went ok. I almost finished the first chapter, bit frustrating if you've to through it all again. Can't imagine if you had almost finished the game...

Sorry, I just ment which version - PS4, PS3, X360 or XBone. :D Judging by your post, I'm assuming PS4 though. :cry: Crap. I really want to play that campaign but don't want to lose my progress. :cry:

Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Files Class Action Suit against Electronic Arts announces a class action suit on behalf of EA shareholders over loss in value caused by Battlefield 4 issues, with portions of the complaint also referencing problems specific to the PS4 edition of the military shooter sequel. GameInformer also notes that another law firm stated last week they were "investigating" similar legal action. Here's part of the complaint in the newer story:

According to the complaint, defendants’ Class Period statements were materially false and misleading because they failed to disclose and misrepresented the following adverse facts which were known to or recklessly disregarded by defendants:
(a) Battlefield 4 was riddled with bugs and multiple other problems, including downloadable content that allowed players access to more levels of the game, a myriad of connectivity issues, server limitations, lost data and repeated sudden crashes, among other things;
(b) as a result, Electronic Arts would not achieve a successful holiday season 2013 rollout of Battlefield 4;
(c) the performance of the Electronic Arts unit publishing Battlefield 4 was so deficient that all other projects that unit was involved in had to be put on hold to permit it to focus its efforts on fixing Battlefield 4;
(d) as a result, Electronic Arts was not on track to achieve the financial results it had told the market it was on track to achieve during the Class Period.

Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Files Class Action Suit against Electronic Arts announces a class action suit on behalf of EA shareholders over loss in value caused by Battlefield 4 issues, with portions of the complaint also referencing problems specific to the PS4 edition of the military shooter sequel. GameInformer also notes that another law firm stated last week they were "investigating" similar legal action. Here's part of the complaint in the newer story:

According to the complaint, defendants’ Class Period statements were materially false and misleading because they failed to disclose and misrepresented the following adverse facts which were known to or recklessly disregarded by defendants:
(a) Battlefield 4 was riddled with bugs and multiple other problems, including downloadable content that allowed players access to more levels of the game, a myriad of connectivity issues, server limitations, lost data and repeated sudden crashes, among other things;
(b) as a result, Electronic Arts would not achieve a successful holiday season 2013 rollout of Battlefield 4;
(c) the performance of the Electronic Arts unit publishing Battlefield 4 was so deficient that all other projects that unit was involved in had to be put on hold to permit it to focus its efforts on fixing Battlefield 4;
(d) as a result, Electronic Arts was not on track to achieve the financial results it had told the market it was on track to achieve during the Class Period.

Good to hear.

I would of preferred consumers to of brought the suit but still good news, might make publishers care more about quality

I don't see how EA reputation can get any lower.

Back