Battlefield 4 official discussion/thread. [PS4,XO,PS3,X360]

Since the PS360 era, I had posted that companies should exploit the target hardware's unique strength for best effect. The end result may not be directly comparable and it gives game appreciation a larger scope to "play". Some people may even buy both copies with a discount. :devilish:

Thank you DICE for exploiting the extra power in the PS4 for BF4 and not just make equal versions. Hope this will be the trend for cross platform games ahead.
Agreed that their trying to make the most out of each platform especially given its a launch title, and I'm very curious what the voice commands and Kinect functionality is like on the XB1. (regardless if I may be the only one :smile: )

Finally got a chance to check out SP video on XBO and apart from the jaggies the game looks amazing! I thought I was gonna see a major downgrade after hearing about 720p resolution and whatnot but man call me shocked. I'm perfectly happy with this level of graphics from this game. It looks almost identical to the E3 PC showing....kudos to the guys at EA.:oops:

While it looks very good , i can't give kudos to it . At least for me , 720p is unacceptable . It's a new gen , they ask quite a lot of money from us to enter the "next round" so i expect more .
Having both versions stand side by side on the shelf it's weird to have the same resolution , especially after a generation that lasted almost an eternity .
Maybe i'm the minority but that is how i feel.

While it looks very good , i can't give kudos to it . At least for me , 720p is unacceptable . It's a new gen , they ask quite a lot of money from us to enter the "next round" so i expect more .
Having both versions stand side by side on the shelf it's weird to have the same resolution , especially after a generation that lasted almost an eternity .
Maybe i'm the minority but that is how i feel.
So your saying it looks good but due to it being 720p which is pretty much same as current gen it makes it unacceptable.

I'm probably the opposite, I don't care as long as it looks good.
So unless someone says it looks more like the 360 version than the PS4, then that's what matters to me.

Thank you DICE for exploiting the extra power in the PS4 for BF4 and not just make equal versions. Hope this will be the trend for cross platform games ahead.

I wouldn't be surprised if we found out they intentionally equalized it by giving it that blur filter/poor scaling.

That would be sad if true. But it will save me money. :p

Let's see the final game and first patch after user feedback. Not convinced yet.

Disappointed that the SP is only 4 hours. I'm one of the few that care about SP. Oh well, I got it for less than $40.

I actually don't mind, I like a fast entertaining romp sometimes. With so many games to play I don't mind a quick and easy one in the mix.

Where did you order it for less than $40?

If it has spectator mode, do you need a copy to enter spectator mode?
I frequently visit a site that's all about sharing deals in Canada (redflagdeals.com). I haven't paid full retail price for a game since... I can't remember. Futureshop (Canadian retailer, owned by Bestbuy) had a deal where if you pre-ordered 3 or more games, you got $20 off each game. I pre-ordered GT6, KZ SF and BF4 (ended up cancelling KZ because I got the PS4 KZ bundle). I also had a $10 certificate that I applied to my order.

If you think that was a good deal, I got the KZ PS4 bundle with extra controller for ~$435 taxes in. :) That's the only reason why I bought a PS4 at launch, otherwise I would have waited until early 2014.

I actually don't mind, I like a fast entertaining romp sometimes. With so many games to play I don't mind a quick and easy one in the mix.
I'm fine with that sometimes, too. But I will only buy short SP games when they're cheap.

Would rather a longer campaign, but 64p MP is the real reason for purchasing the game.

They should just pull a MAG or Titanfall and go MP only, like they were in the old days. They are trying to be COD instead of forging their own path. Give me 64 player vs and 8 player R2 style co-op, I don't need another cliche military FPS story.

They should just pull a MAG or Titanfall and go MP only, like they were in the old days. They are trying to be COD instead of forging their own path. Give me 64 player vs and 8 player R2 style co-op, I don't need another cliche military FPS story.

A lot of people do though and that's lost sales if they strip out the SP. Its not as though it would cost that much to include relatively speaking. They already have the engine and a lot of the art assets so the extra sales the SP adds should make a lot of financial sense.

SP campaigns and Bots won't help you at all to prepare for 10 yr old kids with sqeaky voices, bad attitudes, and excellent reflexes/hand-eye coordination like you will face in online MP.

Regardless of who you play against, map knowledge is essentially. Playing with bots is a more fun way to do it.

Back