Anyone still think Wii U will "win" "next gen"?

Will Wii U be the best selling console over MS and Sony's offerings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
160K units wasn't sold, it was shipped, it just means there were still a lot of unsold consoles in the channel.

Does it? I mean clearly they didn't sell all they shipped last quarter going by NPD sales reports.

Even so, Nintendo uses shipped numbers in their forecasts and investor reports so they are stuck with it even when it doesn't look favorable.

Does it? I mean clearly they didn't sell all they shipped last quarter going by NPD sales reports.

Even so, Nintendo uses shipped numbers in their forecasts and investor reports so they are stuck with it even when it doesn't look favorable.

npd only covers the us.

as i've posted multiple times, 160k isn't enough to cover their ongoing quarterly sales which are more like 300k+, there is some oversupply going on there from launch, but either way the numbers are awful.

WiiU gets a price drop. The premium model will retail at 299$, and they get rid of the basic model.

WiiU saved ;)

I've seen at the local stores the WiiU deluxe model selling for $299 for some time now with the special sales promo prices down to around $279. They still haven't been able to sell many even at those prices.

They could hand that wuu shit out for free and still not do much impact, because what they need is GAMES for people to play, and with the worstest-ever 3rd party relationship they're not going to accomplish that.

They could hand that wuu shit out for free and still not do much impact, because what they need is GAMES for people to play, and with the worstest-ever 3rd party relationship they're not going to accomplish that.

It's a mix of Saturn and the Dreamcast, price drops are not going to save the system that's for sure.

Nintendo's franchises aren't enough to sell hardware anymore. They haven't been for a long time. That's why the Gamecube couldn't compete. The only reason the Wii did well is because of Wii Sports.

The metaphorical Wii U sphincter has already prolapsed. The best Nintendo can hope to do is hold it in for a couple of years with a Mario / zelda / Wii-U-Fit elasticated nappy.

Horrible analogy I know, but the damage has already largely been done regardless of the 4Bone. Nintendo should have realised that you need a certain degree of strength as a platform holder to contain your userbase.

They could offer some of the older games on the other platforms. I'm thinking old Mario and Zelda and Metroid etc being offered on PSStore and Xbone store. Then, for the latest installments - you have to buy a WiiU.
The reason I'm thinking about this is - I actually never played any of these games since I never got a Nintendo console apart from DS and 3DS, and on these I played other games than the one mentioned. So for someone like me it would be a good incentive to get me into the Nintendoland...

According to the owner of popular YouTube channel NiNTENDOMINATION,

I stopped reading there.
What's next anyway: Nintendoisthebest.com says PS4 sucks!?

Honest question: did WiiU reach the 5 million units sold?

Honest question: did WiiU reach the 5 million units sold?

AFAIK, it has not.

The US NPD numbers put WiiU September 2013 monthly sales at 93K, which is 3 times their normal rate of ~30K. It likely has to do with the new console bundle pricing the premium units at $300. We'll see in a month if that trend continues or if it was a 1 time bump from the fanbase. Even with that, the sales figures seem anemic.

Picked up a Wii U a couple of weeks back as fancied a retro gaming weekend. TBH I wasn't expecting a huge amount after the reviews but I'm really very impressed. Especially if (like me) you missed all the Wii games beyond bowling and tennis! At this price point it's definitely worth a look!

The console hardware's good enough for Zelda, Pikmin, Mario, etc which is really all that matters... It's easily 360/PS3 quality but not next gen. The controller's much lighter than I expected but works flawlessly and is very handy to be able to play on the controller when they other half wants to watch the TV or have a film on in the background. The Wii U does exactly what Nintendo consoles always do: it plays first party games you can't get anywhere else brilliantly.

Mario U is great - it's a new and very pretty sequel to Super Mario World from the SNES. Just finished it apart from the last couple of hidden stars on the secret levels.
Mario 3D is due in a couple of weeks and will be a huge seller.

Wii games run brilliantly on it - since the last patch they now run on both the TV and the controller like Wii U games. I'd never got round to playing Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 on the Wii but they're some of the most highly rated games on any platform and are now dirt cheap to buy.

Zelda WindWaker HD remake looks great although I've only just started playing it .
Picked up Zelda Skyward Sword (Wii game) cheap but not tried it yet.
Proper Wii U Zelda still to come.

I've ended up cancelling my XB1 preorder. I'll still get one but with the launch titles being pushed further and further back there's not many titles I care about that I can't get on PC. If anyone else is in the same boat the Wii U really is a good option.

Agreed, that's why I also have one, plus I got my wife interested in playing games with me on it, and that's really invaluable IMO.

I also plan to get a few Wii games I missed, not done it yet though.

I loved Pikmin, didn't like Pikmin 2 as much but plan on getting Pikmin 3 soonish :)

Back