Ocarina Of Time 3DS

almighty

Banned
Words cannot describe this game, even now it's still the best gave I've ever had the pleasure of playing through.

Visuals have received a very nice upgrade too!

Anyone else playing/played this? What's your thoughts?

I stopped halfway through to be honest. I think a lot of the dungeon designs haven't aged particularly well. Most of them are actually fairly simple and I'm definitely way past the point of finding enjoyment in pushing blocks around. Boss fights (and fights in general) are also incredibly basic, and that tiny Hyrule field isn't quite as impressive as it probably used to be. As I've never played the original game I also lack the nostalgic feelings millions of people have for this particular game. To me it felt like a much weaker and significantly less charming version of The Wind Waker. Visuals were rather mixed as well. Significantly prettier than the N64 release for sure, but that ultra low poly heritage was still a little too obvious for my liking.

I think it's still a good game in the here and now (which is incredibly respectable when you consider how poorly most early 3d games have aged), but it's not at the top of its genre anymore (though it's not too far off either).

Last edited by a moderator:
I stopped halfway through to be honest. I think a lot of the dungeon designs haven't aged particularly well. Most of them are actually fairly simple and I'm definitely way past the point of finding enjoyment in pushing blocks around. Boss fights (and fights in general) are also incredibly basic, and that tiny Hyrule field isn't quite as impressive as it probably used to be. As I've never played the original game I also lack the nostalgic feelings millions of people have for this particular game. To me it felt like a much weaker and significantly less charming version of The Wind Waker. Visuals were rather mixed as well. Significantly prettier than the N64 release for sure, but that ultra low poly heritage was still a little too obvious for my liking.

I think it's still a good game in the here and now (which is incredibly respectable when you consider how poorly most early 3d games have aged), but it's not at the top of its genre anymore (though it's not too far off either).

You stopped halfway where exactly ? There is Master Quest after you finished it.

I got 3DS for this game, really enjoyed it, again. I like that the 3D is really strong in this.

(Rant) For some reasons Nintendo starts to tone down the 3D-ness in their later games like Star Fox even Super Mario 3D Land. The 3DS comes with 3D slider, why can't Nintendo just let people adjust it for themselves. I kinda stop buying 3DS games, since Nintendo started toning down the 3D. Freaking new Pokemon is not even 3D in most part, but walk into a cave and it becomes 3D, screw Nintendo.(end)

I think I'm going to replay this game. I've not played it through on XL yet.

Back