DUST514

Yap, I think the perfect place to do that exchange is PS Home. It would allow us to see virtual items. There are also clubhouses for encouraging collection, exchange and sharing. But they should add a 2D UI over the process so we can blaze through the exchange or even auction UI when we are busy.

I dunno Patsu, whilst i agree with you in concept, i believe that the end execution might prove too cumbersome and turn off the majority of gamers. Home is too unweildy, takes too long to boot up and load, and thus would be too much of an obstruction to you simply wanted to make quick trades and quickly get back into the action.

It makes me wonder whether next-gen, Sony might have plans to expand Home by even dedicating persistent HW resources to it so that you can jump in and out of it from any game with rapidity. That kind of functionality would greatly benefit the system as a differentiator (as a sort of visualisation of the parties and chat functions that exist in XBL). It would be Home as it was always intended to be. But alas i digress, this is a little OT for this thread :p

I see what you're saying. ^_^

But I'm proposing Home use because of the backend services first, hence the need for a new/improved 2D UI frontend. PS Home's community services (e.g., chat services, clubhouse, party management) are more sophisticated than XMB or even PC casual game portals.

The entire 3D world is another level deeper (e.g., for visualizing item use, playing 3D games), which can be detached if players are not interested in it. But yes, we have digressed. :)

This and Starhawk are the only 2 BR games I look forward to play at this very moment.

I don't know when The Last Guardian will land. Last of Us, Mass Effects, BioShock Infinite, FFXIII-2 are all long campaign games I need time to enjoy slowly.

EDIT: Haven't tried Twisted Metal. Not a fan of clowns. :oops:

... and yes, Journey. I need to put away everything for a brief hour or two to experience that game.

This and Starhawk are the only 2 BR games I look forward to play at this very moment.

I don't know when The Last Guardian will land. Last of Us, Mass Effects, BioShock Infinite, FFXIII-2 are all long campaign games I need time to enjoy slowly.

... and yes, Journey. I need to put away everything for a brief hour or two to experience that game.

I've enjoyed what little I've played of TM, I just haven't put proper time into it since I'm trying to rush through ME2 for ME3.

Perhaps as a follow up to the failed Counter-Strike cross-play effort ?

Sony "removed" PSN barriers for free-to-play MMO Dust 514
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-08-sony-removed-psn-barriers-for-free-to-play-mmo-dust-514

Sony didn't relax PSN policies so free-to-play MMO Dust 514 would work on PS3 - Sony "removed" them, developer CCP has told Eurogamer.

"Relaxed is not even the word - they have 'removed'," Dust 514 executive producer Brandon Laurino revealed.

"Together we've worked to identify all the barriers that need to be removed to properly operate a service such as this on a console."

This generation ought to have been a hotbed for consoles MMOs. The online capabilities are firmly there. But platform holder red-tape has kept MMOs largely at bay.

The crux of the issue: how an MMO can be patched, updated and charged for - as they are without restriction on PC.

But Dust 514 won't fall at that hurdle.

"We have complete ability to service and update the game as much as needed," Brandon Laurino declared.

Hi five Patsu!

Fi on those deplorable devil spawn!:devilish:

*hi five* *lo fi* *shake hand, twist and snap*

I got my son to play Heavy Rain back then... the scene where
Jason disappeared. I wanted to teach him how it feels when your child has gone missing.
He was creeped out by that clown too. Dem clowns with colorful balloons that block your view just rub people the wrong way. :devilish:

Blog continues to blast us with DUST514 weaponry. Actually, all they need to show me is how terribly destructive and nefarious the weapons are, I'd bite. Paper tech specs are for consoles and iPads. :yes:

DUST 514: New Vehicle Roles and Characteristics
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/03/09/dust-514-new-vehicle-roles-and-characteristics/

GDC 2012: CCP talks DUST 514 PC possibilities and World of Darkness development
http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/03/07/gdc-2012-ccp-talks-dust-eve-and-world-of-darkness/

While many EVE Online players aren't thrilled with DUST 514's PlayStation 3 exclusivity, there may be hope for a PC release yet. And while the devs weren't ready to make any official statements on the spot, a bit of wink-nudging indicates that a PC release may still be in the cards. As the devs note, mouse and keyboard controls are already supported in the PS3 version of the title. "I wonder why we did that," Hilmar joked during the interview.

GDC 2012: DUST 514 Beta Coming in April
http://www.tentonhammer.com/dust514/news/gdc-2012-dust-514-beta-coming-in-april

GameTrailers.com got the chance to speak with the CCP team at GDC 2012 this week and they came away with some new video and useful info for DUST 514. DUST 514 began selective testing last December, but that will be expanding in April according to CCP CEO Hilmar Veigar Pétursson.

[gt]727868[/gt]

Move support as well as KB & Mouse support?!?! :oops:

Maybe we can finally find out which one is superior for FPS games :devilish:

(Disclaimer: provided the Move support is as accomplished as KZ3)

I don't suppose Dust 514 will actually make a full fledged appearance on the Vita then.. Apart from this 'app'.

I don't suppose Dust 514 will actually make a full fledged appearance on the Vita then.. Apart from this 'app'.

They have only hinted at this...

“Above and beyond that, we’ve also got a lot of exciting ideas for how players can also use their PS Vita as a tool to help them when they’re actually in the middle of a battle.”

My current colleague, sitting next to me, is an avid Eve player. So it is definitely a little tempting to try and join him in battle ... I may well give this a shot, especially with Move and mouse + key integration.

Back