Trials: evolution. [xbla]

@ RobertR1: You just gave me incentive to learn how to bunny hop because there is no freaking way we are doing Inferno 3!!

@ sebbbi: I just watched some dude pull off 35 seconds in Inferno 3 with no faults and then I looked at RobertR1's 8 minute 128 fault effort (nice job Robert, seeing as you are the only person on my list to complete it) and all I can think to say is: Dear RedLynx... I would curse but it is just easier to tell you now: you owe me a new controller. Seriously, breaking a controller while trying Inferno 3 is a totally valid defense for controller tossing and you, sir, are totally guilty. See, that is so much nicer than saying, "Seriously? @#$@ you RL!" Ahem. I will pm you my address. I prefer black controllers (they hide the scuff marks best) :p

Again, awesome game sebbbi. It is really nice, with my limited gaming time, to have a game I can just pick up and play while also being challenged. Great variety and excellent quality. My GOTY pick.

Most of my inferno 3 faults are on the triple boards. If I can figure that section out, gold should be doable. The platinum and super runs like the top people are well beyond my skillset. All gold will be my goal.

I'll add you guys tonight.

Bunny-hoping is definitely an issue with me in Trials. I find it infuriatingly difficult.

Embarrassingly this is still waiting for me to get back to it, as I've been too focussed on programming my little hobby project, and one day of nice weather spent outside ;) but I'll get back to it. Looks like there will be some touch competition in the leaderboards once I do - when I played it last, only Acert93 had played it I think.

Embarrassingly this is still waiting for me to get back to it, as I've been too focussed on programming my little hobby project, and one day of nice weather spent outside ;) but I'll get back to it. Looks like there will be some touch competition in the leaderboards once I do - when I played it last, only Acert93 had played it I think.

Your whopping 11 minutes is looking mighty pathetic :p Note the leader boards have country specific jerseys so if you want pull your Scandinavian country out from the abyss you best start playing! (Ahem, my two sons have inflated my time quite dramatically.) I hope you join us in the weekly challenge, it should be fun as quite a few B3Ders are above average at this game.

@ Robert: My goal is Gold+No Faults on all courses but I am thinking once I get to Flatliners I will just aim for Golds. I am pretty happy that outside of Gigatrack (I have not had the time to devote to it) I so far have a gold with no faults on every track I have completed and I am on the second tier of hard ones iirc :D One of the Gamersyde guys, Isomac, convinced me to do it and I must admit I have a MUCH better sense of accomplishment now AND it is making me better.

Vertical walls still get me good though. I find I am more of a "rhythm" rider and do a good job stringing together a solid approach but when it comes to stand still technical jumps and climbs I REALLY struggle. Which is why your replays annoy me so much because you really seem to do a good job conquering the more technical hurdles.

Sooo... anyone beat 483m on Gas Problem yet? :devilish: I haven't booted my Xbox yet. (I tried the no gas bunny hop last night... man I cannot do that. And then I tried besting my 483M and I kept tanking at 440M or so... I don't think I will best 483.)

You are really good at passing with no faults. You also carry momentum much better than me on fast, flowing tracks.

My biggest issue with these games is that I have no patience. I end up being careless and having faults.

Got gold on the gigatrack but with 2 faults tonight. Good enough.

I'm going to focus on gold for extreme tracks. I think I'm all gold on everything but Limbo track.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried GigaTrack for the first time last night. Good grief. I was just happy to complete it. Goes on forever.

When I saw this user created track, I just had to answer this almost a year old post :)
Why do the colors look wash out?
Anyway, day 1.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2NdVjhmWrc&hd=1

It's amazing what players have achieved to create in just two weeks of time. Soon we have 100k user created tracks, and the quality of the best ones easily rivals our own tracks.

Some other user created tracks with great visuals:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8Qc09xmf5o&hd=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKpKwh_tWVE&hd=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn0kjTiQWf0&hd=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Warehouse 28

If you are brave take it on!

It looks simple. And it is... if you accept finishing with faults. But it is a classic balance between technical jumps and finesse throttle control. I had gotten down to where I could finish almost every time with 1 or 2 faults and had a time of 1:09. I finally finished with no faults at 1:33. After about ten more runs I nailed a 1:19 with no faults--but man, it is nerve racking! I don't know how many times I got to the curved vent where you have to hop to an angled ramp. And of course the most frustrating run I had was where I had by far a best time (sub-60 second) and I hit the final rail before the deep plunge and flipped into the chasm.

Man do I ever hate this game! :p

I am really liking the balance in Evo. Warehouse 28 is a good example. My first run with 7 or so faults was pretty fast (1:20) and getting a Gold wasn't super hard. But getting a no Fault Gold took two nights and about 2 hours of play time. A Platinum is something I will have to return to when my skills improve.

I am looking forward to some online gaming... just not on an extreme track ;) I have a phobia of 100 fault runs. Which is what I did in HD trying to beat the first Inferno. There were a couple I never could beat as there were jumps I could just never master. :( I wish Evo had a long series of "Technical Tests" so you could do specific jumps or combos to master the harder ones. Often you get stuck in a part that is hard to get to so it is hard to practice it. I guess I could try to replicate them in the editor.

EDIT: Robert, nice run on the user map Technical Terror. Great map--I love (hate) how they spaced the check points so you had to frequently string together multiple quality leaps, jumps, and landings.

Congratulations Sebbi as well for your team!
This game really pushed new boundaries, I could not imagine a sequel to be this good.
I mean Trials HD brought the wow factor, but Evo managed to keep up and improve in every possible way.

Have you guys ever considered to release more soundtracks with the DLC?

Stunt Plane Dash

Wow, that is so cool someone was able to make a fully 3D 3rd person flight game which actually controls well. sebbbi, for your Next Gen Trials game I request you tailor the tools to be as much a game-maker as a Trials game. :D

Nice run Gerry, 418m in Gas Problem is pretty good. A tip: make sure you leave the gas station with 100$ fuel--get BOTH lights to turn green and stay green. If you leave with much less than 100% you won't have enough to get up into the building later. Once you get into the building, with a nice little boost to carry through, you can add a good 50m with just a little extra fuel. Give it a try, you have a couple more hours to best my time :p

Nice run Gerry, 418m in Gas Problem is pretty good. A tip: make sure you leave the gas station with 100$ fuel--get BOTH lights to turn green and stay green. If you leave with much less than 100% you won't have enough to get up into the building later. Once you get into the building, with a nice little boost to carry through, you can add a good 50m with just a little extra fuel. Give it a try, you have a couple more hours to best my time :p

Wait...you can stop at the pump longer to get more fuel?
I just blew right through it thinking that the amount given was pre-selected.

I will endeavor to do better on the next challenge.

Ok, it is time for some Trial's throw down. How this works is every week there will be one track that is selected for a "Group Challenge." The person who has the highest score on the leader boards come Sunday Night (12pm PST) wins and gets to select the next track/challenge.

Since I am a making up this little competition I will select the first challenge (bring it you Trials pansies!). And since I am also a big fat turd I am going to choose the skill game "
Gas Problem." (Just be happy I didn't pick Icarus or something I got a Platinum on. Which is like a whole 6 tracks which is pathetic as there are guys on the leader boards who have a Plat on EVERY track... scary stuff.)

So what are you waiting for? Go best my distance!

I am heading to bed soon but if I stay #1 on the leaderboard come 12pm PST I select...

Trials Challenge Week 2
(Monday May 7th - Sun May 13th): Warehouse 28

Of course if someone bests me in the next couple hours feel free to select something else :p I will post everyone's time on Gas Problem tomorrow or the next day.

Wait...you can stop at the pump longer to get more fuel?
I just blew right through it thinking that the amount given was pre-selected.

I will endeavor to do better on the next challenge.

Tip for the BadTB-apprentice: Always watch a replay of a top end player to learn secrets :p

Ps- Good luck on Warehouse 28. It is a shorter technical track. Throttle control is essential. My best is 1:09 and my best no fault is 1:19 so it isn't a long course so please don't become discouraged!! I promise, if you can make it in 3 faults or less you will become a much, much better rider going forward. The nice thing about Warehouse 28 is each "challenge" is well spaced. So there may be 10 technical jumps, leaps, hops, and tricks to do but they are all evenly spaced and all have check points by them. So as you master one check point and struggle on the next you can really spend some time practicing. And it is a short enough track that you can finish runs quickly and get to your trouble spot quickly. I know the first night I really struggled on the first 1/3rd, the next night half way through, and then then last bit. Now I can run it with 2 or 3 faults max 95% of the time and pull off no fault runs every 4th or 5th run. Mastering a track like this has made me a LOT better. If I win again (I think Rob or Scott can best me on this challenge) I will pick a more speed track.

@ sebbbi: it would have been a nice feature to go back MULTIPLE check points. I know when I am practicing sometimes it would be nice to get through a tough section, cycle back check points, and do it again. A number of time once you plant a good challenge you hit a check point so fast you cannot quickly enough hit back to do it again.

Almost, ALMOST, managed to get close to your run. 444m and that was with a downhill section in front of me which I just failed to get to because I ran out of momentum.

At least that gave me a platinum medal.

Now on to Warehouse 28 then....

Your whopping 11 minutes is looking mighty pathetic :p Note the leader boards have country specific jerseys so if you want pull your Scandinavian country out from the abyss you best start playing! (Ahem, my two sons have inflated my time quite dramatically.) I hope you join us in the weekly challenge, it should be fun as quite a few B3Ders are above average at this game.

Still programming a lot on my hobby project, but I did play some over the weekend with my son just looking (so not to many retries unless the level had things he liked). I actually beat one time I think, woohoo. Otherwise though currently you're the only guy I still have on my friend's list with the game. I guess others have thrown me off their busy lists because I don't play enough 360 games ... Pity though, most other games I sitll seem to have a fair number of friends at least (Forza, and even Pinball FX 2)

Still programming a lot on my hobby project, but I did play some over the weekend with my son just looking (so not to many retries unless the level had things he liked). I actually beat one time I think, woohoo. Otherwise though currently you're the only guy I still have on my friend's list with the game. I guess others have thrown me off their busy lists because I don't play enough 360 games ... Pity though, most other games I sitll seem to have a fair number of friends at least (Forza, and even Pinball FX 2)

You're still on Friends list.
My GT is Timberwolf25.

I tend to be competitive with the middle of the pack with joker, you and a few others. RobertR1 and Acert93 tend to be towards the top of the tracks I've played.

BTW, I wonder if sebbi is willing to play with our little group. I'm interested to see how we do against a dev.

Cleared the 500k sales mark. Congrats!

I'm in for warehouse 28 challenge!

I'll be away from X360 for almost 2 months, so this will be my last challenge until I get back. Hoping to make the Top 3.

BTW, waiting for Joshua to post the results of those are participating.

Back