Trials: evolution. [xbla]

Are there any exciting, unconventional user creations out there yet?

Not sure, but I will let you know.

That said, I was toying with the map editor and RL has provided example tracks for most of the skill games and track concepts + they have hill climber and loose nut examples from the first Trials as well as a 4 way mini-game. Between all the tutorial videos, the approachable editor, and examples there should be stuff turning up sooner than later.

That said I think the best stuff really will be gameplay content that is inline with the core game. New mini-game types will be where it is at IMO. The core of Trials is so good the non-core minigames imo feel much flatter. Cool concepts and all but the bike physics and dynamics are so good it makes everything pale in comparison.

Are there any exciting, unconventional user creations out there yet?

People managed to an angry birds variant along with a fps shooter mini game somehow.

For traditional racing tracks, if trials HD is any indication, there will be a tremendous amount of content that can rival redkynx's effort.

Working on unlocking the insane tracks. So far, I find it easier than Trials HD, probably because I didn't go into this one "green." It's a lot of fun, and the tracks are very creative. I'm pretty inconsistent with my landings, and that's what's giving me a hard time getting gold on some tracks. I tend to land leaning back a little too far, and hit the gas too early and end up flipping backwards. There are a few people on my friends list that I'll never best in these track times, at least not without playing an incredible amount of time.

I haven't looked at the community content yet, but will do so when I've seen all the base tracks. Judging from some of the skill games, and the weirded base tracks, it seems like people will probably do some cool things with it.

My son is only turning 4 next month :) But so he could finish the first bunch of tracks in Trials HD no problem, but can't finish any of the new ones now almost a year later. The old ones had only one or two obvious spots where he had trouble, really. And yes, all that on the beginner bike - I played the beginning of the game with him. But anyway, like I said, no biggy - it was just that I was basically looking forward to this as a father-son activity so to speak. ;) But he still likes to watch it of course.

350k+ on the leader boards now!

I'm loving track central. Downloaded a bunch of user made extreme tracks and all 4 were as good as the packaged tracks. The quality of content on track central is superb.

We should plan an online session. Friday night maybe?

I am 1 race away from all-Golds in the first three slots. I have been getting Golds before moving on to the next track so completing Evo may take me a while.

Some of the user created maps are great--on part with the best RL stuff (no offense-- a testament to the great tools!) Hole in the Wall (iirc that is what it was called) and Ritual are really fun maps. And there is already a Mario Brothers spoof and Golf. The community is really embracing Evo!

EDIT: The interface for finding top rated tracks, downloading, riding, and rating is excellent. Oddly on the one hand I am thinking "Who needs any DLC for this game?" then I reconsider "If fans can make these tracks I cannot wait to see what RL can do in 6 months!"

Sebbbi, one request from my wife, Why there no girl biker? ;)

And now thanks to local multi, we're need to buy two others controllers… A very good drinking party game with friends… more you loose, more you drink, and more you loose! :)

My Trials EVO tech interview at Digital Foundry:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-trials-evolution-tech-interview

Sebbbi, one request from my wife, Why there no girl biker? ;)
We felt it was fun to watch a male rider suffering horrible crashes, but watching a female suffer in the same way didn't feel so good. I bet that's the reason why there's no female Jackass clones out there either (while there are many male based clones such as the Finnish Dudesons).

Also the game is fully based on physics, and females are smaller and weight less. The bike would handle differently. The female would be better in some tracks (more acceleration), while the male would be better in others (more weight for character = leaning affects more = can bunny hop higher, etc). This would force the best players create both female and male characters and pick the best one for each track. It would have required a lot more finetuning and testing to be a good feature.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, it is time for some Trial's throw down. How this works is every week there will be one track that is selected for a "Group Challenge." The person who has the highest score on the leader boards come Sunday Night (12pm PST) wins and gets to select the next track/challenge.

Since I am a making up this little competition I will select the first challenge (bring it you Trials pansies!). And since I am also a big fat turd I am going to choose the skill game "Gas Problem." (Just be happy I didn't pick Icarus or something I got a Platinum on. Which is like a whole 6 tracks which is pathetic as there are guys on the leader boards who have a Plat on EVERY track... scary stuff.)

So what are you waiting for? Go best my distance!

Ps. If no one like this idea I will let it silently die and pretend this throw down was never tossed out there... although I will add every one of your names to my signature as wussies who trembled at my Trials greatness.

Sounds good. How about people giving us an idea of their current best on Gas Problem. Need something to aim for... (being generally rubbish at this kind of thing).

Sounds good to me! I'll participate time permitting. We should maybe friend up a bit so that we can see each other on the leaderboards.

I don't spend much time on skill games normally (so maybe next week we can do a track?) but I'll give it a shot :)

I generally really suck at Skill Games but I'm in. If I win, you suckers are in for Inferno 3. Deal with it!
Yeah, I don't think I'm gonna bother doing the extreme maps (and I may not be the only one), so you might end up competing against yourself on that one ;)

I don't think I have it unlocked yet, but if I get there this week, I will definitely give it a go.

I noticed that RobertR1's ghost kicking my butt on the tracks I've played so far. I only have the Piranha bike unlocked, so it could be that my bike sucks.

I don't think I have it unlocked yet, but if I get there this week, I will definitely give it a go.

I noticed that RobertR1's ghost kicking my butt on the tracks I've played so far. I only have the Piranha bike unlocked, so it could be that my bike sucks.

Yeah, you'll unlock faster bikes. I've noticed that most tracks upto hard are fastest with the 450cc bike due to it's higher top end.

However, hard and above require the 250cc (last bike) due to it's acceleration and responsiveness.

Gerry, Andrew, I have sent you a PM with my GT BanBot). iirc my Gas Problems best is about [strike]450m[/strike] 483 meters.

Back