I'm buggering off, stage left

Kristof (my boss as it happens!) still lurks, so maybe I can persuade him to come out from the shadows from time to time :) Thanks for the well wishes, and I'll definitely still be around posting (I get paid to after all, hehe) and helping Alex and co as much as I can.

Cheers!

Rys has now joined his illustrious forebears in the Beyond(Beyond3D), otherwise known as Imagination Technologies. It's been a pleasure to see the community grow under Rys, and I look forward to great things from the new team.

I'd also like to add that I'm personally looking forward to good things, as I think the world of graphics is getting increasingly interesting.

David

It gives me a great deal of pleasure, tinged with a tiny bit of sadness that the job's no longer mine, to announce that Alex Voicu (AlexV to forumites) has graciously accepted the job of Editor-in-Chief of Beyond3D and will take over from me as its steward and guardian for what I hope is a long and fruitful future. Alex and his new team, comprising some of my old crew and some new but familiar faces, have been working with me in the recent past to put in place plans for Beyond3D's growth and ongoing health. All of that stuff is sufficiently in place now for me to let you all know that Alex is now officially at the helm, and that I'll be stepping sideways and a little bit backwards to let him and his crew do their thing. Alex becomes Steward after my near 5 year tour of duty, one which I'm forever thankful to Wavey for, since it put in place the perfect springboard for me to come work for Imagination a little over a year ago.

Alex's team comprises Arun Demeure (Uttar to most), William Stumpf (willardjuice), Alex Goh (AlStrong) and Farid Bouzid (Vysez to most), and he continues to be advised by a small team of various folks, IHV-employed or otherwise, such as myself (Imagination), Tim Murray (NVIDIA) and Dave Baumann (AMD), to maintain good industry ties and maintain Beyond3D's IHV impartiality. There's also a hidden cabal of ISV luminaries that have always been around, making sure the site's leading ability to use software to drive the hardware it's interested in remains ahead of the pack. Hi, Deano!

The site will continue to be partnered by The Tech Report and a growing relationship with Real World Technologies, and the legendary forum moderation team remains intact, and indeed AlStrong and Willy make the step up from that team into the main crew. I'd like to thank the moderation team, especially Shifty, for all their efforts over the last half a decade while I've been the forum admin, for doing such an epic and very difficult job. The forums are a special place and one of Beyond3D's prize assets, and they wouldn't be anywhere near as successful as they are without the work of those guys. Thank you!

All that remains is for me to say thanks to some specific people for their help and support over the years, since while I've made sure the site and forums stay online, and occasionally I wrote some stuff that some people found interesting, there are some people that deserve a nod for their part in helping me keep it all going. If you think I forgot you, sorry -- I promise I've spent significant brain cycles recently thinking about a good many of you who I'll undoubtedly miss out. So, thanks to Tim Murray, Arun, Geo, Farid, Ratchet, Alex, Deano, Ailuros, Simon F, Xmas, Wavey, Kristof, jpaana, JohnH, Mintmaster, MfA, pruned, willy, AlStrong, ChrisRay, Scott Wasson and the TR guys, Nick Stam and his team at NV, Lord Huddy, Eric Demers and mhouston at AMD, RobertR1, dkanter, AndyTX, Mr. Ross and Mr. Sandhu, digisan and the EB massive, and finally Beta, Burga and the rest of the IRC misfits.

Fixed. Don't worry, mistakes happen!

Best wishes and good luck in future.

Still alive... just lazy

Kristof (my boss as it happens!) still lurks, so maybe I can persuade him to come out from the shadows from time to time :)

Now that I remembered my login this will be a lot easier :LOL:

Btw the IMG Logo is ancient, no more yellow allowed :devilish:

K-

Goodbye good man! I will surely miss you at the helm, but am looking forward to see where Alex and his crew are steering the ship from now on. :)

There goes the forum... oh and thanks and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your time at the helm Rys. Keeping Beyond3D going must be a big task and I look forward to the changes the new regime is bringing. Enjoy yourself at IMG!

I wonder what tag we have to use in Battlefield 3 now :(
AlexV => AV => Amazing Vengeance or something.

Anyway, Rys you've been a star at this site as Wavey was (is!). Long live B3D. :)

Kristof (my boss as it happens!) still lurks, so maybe I can persuade him to come out from the shadows from time to time :) Thanks for the well wishes, and I'll definitely still be around posting (I get paid to after all, hehe) and helping Alex and co as much as I can.

Cheers!

Which probably means that you can't kick him in the butt for forgetting a couple of folks around here.... :cry:

-------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations Alex. I will find some time these days to pop into IRC, in order to make you wonder if any launch is imminent :LOL:

Representing the lurkers, I give you a respectful wave from a distance. Thanks for everything and good luck!

May your endeavors be fruitful. Hmmm, most of my favorite posters in a single thread maybe I need to come out from under the console sub fora once in awhile...

Good luck to Rys, and thanks for the service.

And best wishes to AlexV. . . . I'm sure he'll keep the proud tradition alive.

Rys ..... ? Rys who ......? :runaway:

Best of luck in all your current & future endevours & make sure you're not a stranger. :smile:

Back