[PS3] Killzone 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
iWaggle probably has some settings you can start with. I can't find the exact link yet.

The Frozen Dam is mostly an indoor map. Feels like a maze for the first few times. After a while, it became quite clear where people would gather (behind the choke points). Then again, it's possible to sneak behind them using alternate paths. Got killed quite a few times from behind. :(

Killzone's map design has always been very...erratic.
You may see the objective to be just a few meters ahead of you, but to actually get there you'll need to run around a lot, follow some stairs, go through multiple rooms.

That's what I like about the maps, feels a lot more natural.

KZ2 had one of the most relentless FPS campiagns of this gen. For about 4-5 hours, it raw WAR :D ! Its only after then that you get a breather. Personally, I rate it really really high. I loved it, absolutely ! :p

I just loved the seat of your pants feel that you got from Visari Square onwards. The relentless push forwards and manic resistance from the Helghast was just breathtaking!!

I just loved the seat of your pants feel that you got from Visari Square onwards. The relentless push forwards and manic resistance from the Helghast was just breathtaking!!

:p Yup, that is what I was talking about. For the first time in a shooter, it felt that the enemy is really hellbent on killing me and there were no breathers at all, just war, war and more WAR ! Visari Square was just amazing. it felt as if every time you tried to look at your ammo count, you heard more bullets whizzing past your head. It felt exhilirating, the way the HG were just after you, really there to put you down !

In fact, it is only when you reach the Suljeva village that you get time to breathe ! Uptill then, its a mad rush of kill or be killed and the graphics made sure it felt really frantic and you could taste blood everytime you got hit :p !

I just loved it ! :cool:

EDIT: Gamersyde has some absolutely amazing screens of the retro map pack !
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_killzone_3_retro_map_pack_screens-10517_en.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Killzone 2 is the only FPS I've played in recent times where the intensity and the sense of urgency wasn't really faked. It relied completely on the shooting portion, each confrontation was so intense that it was an great experience on its own. Compare this to other shooters where the intensity is almost entirely due to set piece events and you can see what was special about Killzone 2's campaign.

Like the Eurogamer review said, KZ2's campaign was like a game version of Saving Private Ryan, this is a stark contrast to other games which rely on Michael bay esque cliches of near escapes and dramatic events.

Last edited by a moderator:
A good game is a game with maximum sales and maximum profits.

It is good because people buy it.

Like Michael Bay movies.

Is it bad taste? Who's taste? You and me? Sure. But maybe not for regular consumers.

For regular consumers Michael Bay and COD is the best.

Ouch ! ;)

BTW, gave in to the temptation, downloading the beta now :D !

It is good because people buy it.

Like Michael Bay movies and Thomas Kinkade prints.

I just wished they shot a little bit higher than M.B. at least. It's not like there aren't plenty of reasonably good non high falutin movies with enormous budgets that still rake in mountains of cash. Basically More Paul Verhoeven/James Cameron, less Michael Bay. That would strike a nice middleground I suppose.

Killzone 2 is the only FPS I've played in recent times where the intensity and the sense of urgency wasn't really faked. It relied completely on the shooting portion, each confrontation was so intense that it was an great experience on its own. Compare this to other shooters where the intensity is almost entirely due to set piece events and you can see what was special about Killzone 2's campaign.

Like the Eurogamer review said, KZ2's campaign was like a game version of Saving Private Ryan, this is a stark contrast to other games which rely on Michael bay esque cliches of near escapes and dramatic events.

I played KZ2 mostly for the visuals, and the maniac clusterf*ck in MP. The final fight is indeed intense. Took me a while before I realize what I'm supposed to do.

Guys, stop talking about Killzone 2! I'm trying really hard not to troll this thread.

Why not ? We can always talk about KZ3 when we know enough.

http://community.killzone.com/t5/Ki...pdates-please-read-before-posting/td-p/627997

Developer Updates (please read before posting!)

on 02-04-2011 04:11 PM

Hi everyone,

Thank you for participating in the Open Beta Trial!

We just wanted to let you know that we are actively listening to your comments on all aspects of the game, and while we may not be able to respond to each post, we value your feedback very highly.

One of the primary objectives of this Open Beta Trial is sussing out problems relating to large user numbers before the game is released. As such, we’re aware of the server and connectivity issues some of you have experienced, and we want to assure you that we are working hard to fix the problem.

Please continue to post any issues you may find in the appropriate threads, and provide as much detail about the problem as you can – such as your PSN ID, the time at which you experienced the issue, what you had been doing when it occurred, and anything else you might feel is important.

We’ll use this thread to update you on our progress, so remember to check back frequently.

Thank you, and have fun!

The Killzone 3 Multiplayer Team

I got in last night. Someone else may be having problems still...

[Confused] No idea why you feel the urge to troll instead of just laying down your view in a level headed manner, but it's your choice. v_v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back