[PS3] Killzone 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has review video has some spoilers but makes single player look great!!
http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/02/03/5982291-killzone-3-is-a-visual-masterpiece

Watched the first 5 seconds and quickly closed it. ^_^
I want to experience the full story uninformed this time.

Already pre-ordered once I found out about the Salamun Market map 2 days ago.

EDIT:
I learned a lot from Thumper's mom in Bambi.

What happened to her ? I only watched "Bambi vs Godzilla". XD

ddfdxl.jpg

Godly graphics is godly.

A good game is a game with maximum sales and maximum profits.

It is good because people buy it.

Like Michael Bay movies and Thomas Kinkade prints.

I think this is a mistake GG and many developers have made.

Excuse me but says who? Common sense doesnt always reveal the true state of things.

People choose or buy what they THINK is good, not what is REALLY good. Not saying that COD is a bad game or that Killzone 3 is the prime example of quality but you get the point.

If everyone chose what was the best we would have lived in an ideal world where everyone only appreciates quality and depth. Well real life tells you the opposite. Thats why we have many examples of superficiality. Sometimes its us that make the mistake for not appreciating what deserves to be appreciated

But anyways thats a different matter not suitable for this thread. So I will back up

Beta server issues:
http://community.killzone.com/t5/Ki...pdates-please-read-before-posting/td-p/627997

Thanks for your feedback so far. A first patch will become available shortly. This patch fixes a bug where sometimes scores are incorrectly posted to the server. However, the patch will not be released in all regions simultaneously.

As a result, players in regions that have received the patch will temporarily be unable to join games of friends in regions that have yet to receive the patch.

Trying to do so will result in an error -977. This is expected behavior, and will automatically resolve once all regions have received the patch. Just using the find game option will work fine.

We are still working on getting the patch completed and released as soon as possible. There are quite a few people who are reporting 20002 errors and we are looking into this. We might require a bit of downtime to remedy these issues but please continue to play and report any issues you encounter in the appropriate thread.

http://i51.tinypic.com/ddfdxl.jpg
Godly graphics is godly.
Strange that they've reduced the depth of field on the gun. It's a shame because the back of the gun (usually covered by the DoF) is far less detailed than the front, which is beautifully done.

Does anyone have a recomendation on the Move settings to improve navigation and aiming?

iWaggle probably has some settings you can start with. I can't find the exact link yet.

He posted on GAF:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25787434&postcount=1520

Deadzone Width: 0%
Deadzone Height: 30%
Cursor Sensitivity: 40%
Turn Speed: 70%
Assist: None
Aim: Hold
Crouch: Hold

Your results may differ from mine with this settings, so my suggestion is to practice with the bots for a while to come up with what suits you best. ;)

The 3D in this game is awesome. I prefer the lower res 3D to the high res 2D, although there are a few glitches with stuff popping in and out in 3D, but nothing major.
The big problem is that while I have no problem playing hours of GT5 in 3D, 20 minutes of KZ3D made me nauseous and I had to stop. Even the 2D version of the game is very hard on the eyes for me.

The 3D in this game is awesome. I prefer the lower res 3D to the high res 2D, although there are a few glitches with stuff popping in and out in 3D, but nothing major.
The big problem is that while I have no problem playing hours of GT5 in 3D, 20 minutes of KZ3D made me nauseous and I had to stop. Even the 2D version of the game is very hard on the eyes for me.

hows the frame rate?

Multiplayer sacrifice?

Or maybe cos of MOve ! Move detaches the gun from the screen, maybe DOF didn't work well that way.

OK, played the beta, Stuff I noticed that seems changed from the Closed beta:
1) The game looks "Softer" than before, and there is much less shimmering. Maybe these two are interrelated. Because of this, the level looks much better.
2) Lesser object pop-in. There is this window just outside the ISA spawn point which used to appear right in front of my eyes in the closed beta. It doesn't fade away while in view anymore. Similar other examples. There are still some railings that appear in front of your eyes, but much less than the closed beta.
3) The level looks less chaotic. Maybe they reduced the snow flakes or made their movement slower/smoother.

4) Colours seem changed from the closed beta. Some areas a re more blue-er than before, while snow looks more whitish now.

The whole level looks more coherent now, and easier on the eyes, but I think thats because of the softer look. Don't know how they did it. Maybe increased the AA.

As for Move, I still walk like a drunkard with it :D ! Need more time with it. WHen static , it makes for excellent headshots, but walking and aiming is very very "Drunk" :LOL: ! Especially, looking up and down is very difficult for me, it gets out of control. Looking sideways ia manageable. I'll try Iwaggle's settings and see what happens :) !

EDIT: Can't get the brutal melee to work with Move. Melee works otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think it looks softer but its definitely cleaner. I played the two back to back and the private beta was a shimmering mess, now it one the the cleanest fps out there I especially like the fact that the backdrop isn't a fuzzy mess.

One thing that bothers me is that I miss the 32p matches. Imo that is what differentiated it from other shooters. I miss when you have two balanced teams trying to blow up or defend the target with both spawn points next to each then a Saboteur sneaks in unnoticed to disarm.

Is it me or did they scale back some of the particle effects? Do they still have the bouncey sparks?

edit: Another thing thats impressive is the character model detail they look really good up, even up close. Can't wait for the group pics.

Too bad I'll not get to see this in SonyStyle. The eye gorging is probably too much for public display. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back