NVIDIA GF100 & Friends speculation

Independently from 3DMark06 being a synthetic benchmark, performance seems to be good, keeping in mind a HD5870 reaches a 20k score only. Is there any reason for this to be related also with rumoured memory advantage? For some reason I dont see 3DMark06 being that memory hungry, as it was released almost 5 years ago.

But in 4x0 bench, CPU is at 4.2Ghz and we know 3D Mark 06 is quite sensitive to CPU speed... though if true, idle temps are good and nowhere near what Charlie claimed.

The USA doesn't have VAT we have sales tax but it varies by state. Also I don't pay any sales tax when i order from another state (though i think they are trying to change that)

Some states have no sales tax. Some like New Jersey where I live is 7% however there are sections in new jersey with 3.5% sales tax.

Its my understanding that VAT in Europe is much higher than sales tax here.

Sadly... you're right :cry:

Did you notice fan speed? ;)

yep, 79% but still at that speed 34 degrees seems pretty good. Considering that Charlie claimed GTX480 is going to idle at 70 degrees.
I must say I am not too familiar with GPU cooling, but I assume that if these temps are true, lowering fan speed to 30% should not raise temp by more than 15 degrees.

For a chip like Fermi with 3billion transistors, 51 degrees at idle with 40% fan is ok IMHO.

Did you notice fan speed? ;)

Yeah, and why do you set your fan to almost 80% when your idle temp is 34 deg? Overclock? Also GPU-Z seems to indicate its 512 cores part so maybe GTX 480? (or fermi chips are still not properly recognized). The test seems to be run at 1920x1200 so the score seems to be very, very good (i am not familiar with 3dmark06 results but aren't all the records done at 1280x1024? - hence the cpu dependency?) .
Also CPU-Z screen shows i7@4,2GHz yet 3DM06 shows its only @4GHz.
Also if you see at the everest screen there is GPU name in Chinese. Maybe someone can translate that?

Heh, HD4890 class theoretical texture throughput. It's really too bad they had to disable half of those texture units eh neliz? :)

Heh, HD4890 class theoretical texture throughput. It's really too bad they had to disable half of those texture units eh neliz? :)

I didnt quite understand if you were being sarcastic or not.. But that score is really bad.. a GTX285 gets 50k on multi texture fill rate.. :cry: And a HD5870 60k! :oops:

Isn't the fan also twice as powerful (amp draw) and smaller than the 5870 fan? Not sure how it compares to the GTX 28x fans.

I'd hate to try to imagine what 80% fan speeds sounds like on that sucker. Has to be manually set for overclocking or to give the impression to casual observers that temperature isn't that bad. I can't imagine an IHV now days would spec their cards to run the fans that high.

Regards,
SB

I thought it was clear that it was a terrible result. No sarcasm in sight :)

Ok thanks for the clarification. I wonder if the rumoured B1 will reactivate the other 64 TMUs, if they exist.. That could give a pretty nice performance boost, if the GPU is indeed limited by them :oops:

Its a good score.
yeah, as long as you ignore that Nvidia needed +6 months, and probably + ~50% die area and + ~50% power consumption to match something that AMD - according to neliz - could easily release as regular 5890, if they chose to.

Back