Best graphics in 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta9

Regular
The year is almost over so who wins?

My vote goes to Killzone 2 with Uncharted 2 as runner up. Killzone's lighting stands out as the best thing with the ones on dropships looking like CG with its great blur.:cool:

I would go with Killzone 2 also, because at times when in motion it just looks so much better than anything else. Truly at points it has its WTF? moments. Very clever use of art design and technology combined. The engine that they developed for that has so much potential going forward also.

"Great" blur? Sure that's not "totally over cranked and overkill levels of graphics distortion"?

Huh? Both descriptions are lacking...

I'm going to go for U2 just for the size of the lanscapes, the textures - and the framerate. But Killzone 2 certainly looks outstanding.

I'm gonna say KZ2 and U2 are tied joint first IMHO (can't pick between the two).... both games are incredible... godly even.

I guess you could simply have made a poll between these two games as I'm sure they'll be at the top of most people's lists.;)

Same here. But I will choose U2 over Killzone 2, because the attention to detail in that game blows away everything I have ever seen. The geometry easily surpass Killzone 2's. It has also the mos beautiful texture, shadow and lighting work I had ever seen in a game

Same here. But I will choose U2 over Killzone 2, because the attention to detail in that game blows away everything I have ever seen. The geometry easily surpass Killzone 2's. It has also the mos beautiful texture, shadow and lighting work I had ever seen in a game

Lighting in KZ2 isn't too shabby...if not incredibly impressive.

All the extra special effects and post processing in KZ2 does put it above U2 in some ways, but U2 has plenty of things that puts it above.

KZ2 for me. It blows my mind all the time. For 2009, in this order:

KZ2
U2
MW2
Yes MW2 is a very, very good looking game.

KZ2 for me. It blows my mind all the time. For 2009, in this order:

KZ2
U2
MW2
Yes MW2 is a very, very good looking game.

MW2? are you kidding? It looks great if you are moving. If you stop to actually look at stuff the textures are horrible. Fortunately the nature of the game is that you're always moving so you never really see how ugly things really are.

Uncharted 2, for style and implementation, but also because of being nearly flawless.

MW2? are you kidding? It looks great if you are moving. If you stop to actually look at stuff the textures are horrible. Fortunately the nature of the game is that you're always moving so you never really see how ugly things really are.
While its nice to and look at stuff, you are actually meant to be moving, you know playing the game, and in that sense, taking it all in, the game is really impressive.

So we get to debate choices :smile: MW2, weaknesses aside, has a ton of asset variety and post processing. Just watch the "Museum" and note note only the high degree of variable scenes--but also the amount of specialized detail characters have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BbiUH-xfjc

With the variety and quality of the art, animation, large battles, and particle/post processing effects running at 60Hz I could see how some could justify in their opinion that MW2 is a visual treat.

I'd pick MW2 for console graphics of the year also.

The world actually feels alive, rather than just another gaming location much of the time. It's amazing what they accomplished with the game considering the resources they had to work with. None of the locations felt "forced" or "artificial."

And doing it while maintaning 60 FPS, amazing. I can only imagine what they could have done if it had targetted 30 FPS instead.

Regards,
SB

I'd pick MW2 for console graphics of the year also.

The world actually feels alive, rather than just another gaming location much of the time. It's amazing what they accomplished with the game considering the resources they had to work with. None of the locations felt "forced" or "artificial."

And doing it while maintaning 60 FPS, amazing. I can only imagine what they could have done if it had targetted 30 FPS instead.

Regards,
SB

Exactly, MW2 has this "realistic" look to it. So in this order:
KZ2 for its cg feel.
U2 for being a work of art
MW2 for looking "realistic.

OMG how could i forget RE5. I remember the first time i booted it up on my 360, the very first stage, the character detail in that game is astonishing, it is still unmatched in that regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back