Sony E3 2009 Keynote Thread

Seriously, you call this rough?
They're demoing a possible RTS game with it already.

But how will you walk and aim at the same time with such a controller effectively without another peripheral like Wii controllers?

Are you seeing the same device as I do? They're crazy if they release that product as it looks now.

Edit: So they showed one of MS' demos that was less impressive (painting a wall) and another of Nintendo's (Archery).

I guess this is why you shouldn't go last.

not really, I'd say theirs were much better than Nintendo's archery.

But how will you walk and aim at the same time with such a controller effectively without another peripheral like Wii controllers?

I'm almost certain there'll be a nunchuck of sorts.

Oh god, I hope this isn't about LBP PSP. Well, Disney LBP. A little late, but fine.

Who's United Front Games?

they do have buttons on the controllers.
They can map multiple functions onto the controller buttons. They can combine multiple controllers. go figure.

Edit: So they showed one of MS' demos that was less impressive (painting a wall) and another of Nintendo's (Archery).

I guess this is why you shouldn't go last.

It's actually more convincing. I hope they combine the "Fish" tank demo here. You might want to cool down and think carefully. There are advantages for no controller, and there are advantages with a controller.

Not all motion controls are stupid. But demoing something that's CLEARLY very rough (far from final design) and limited to single-hand motion a day after your competitor shows full-body motion capture and voice recognition is just a bit sad.

They even just showed the paint demo...

Microsoft showed a proof of concept that nearly each and every journo has sad was extremely rough. To add to that, the device is rumored to cost between $100 and $200, and won't release until the fall of 2010.

This device has a much better chance to succeed than Natal. Far better.

It's actually more convincing. I hope they combine the "Fish" tank demo here. You might want to cool down and think carefully. There are advantages for no controller, and there are advantages with a controller.

The wiimote can't really replicate tension on the archery thing.

Microsoft showed a proof of concept that nearly each and every journo has sad was extremely rough. To add to that, the device is rumored to cost between $100 and $200, and won't release until the fall of 2010.

This Sony wiimote wannabe and Natal are in two completely different leagues, pls don't confuse that.

not really, I'd say theirs were much better than Nintendo's archery.
They looked identical in capabilities to me.

I was referring to the look of the device more than anything else. And how many players will it support? Tracking 4 people at once seems very problematic to me.

What does Sony's toy do that Wii MotionPlus doesn't? They're functionally identical from what I can see, except the PSEye solution looks more problematic for lighting conditions and multiplayer.

This Sony wiimote wannabe and Natal are in two completely different leagues, pls don't confuse that.

They're both intended to do the same thing, which is steal audience from the Wii. Probably priming the tech for next-gen. Let's not get confused on that.

Not really. They are just 2 ways to do similar things with the usual pros and cons.

They looked identical in capabilities to me.

I was referring to the look of the device more than anything else. And how many players will it support? Tracking 4 people at once seems very problematic to me.

No problem. Use different frequency. And the PS Eye can already support multiple player.

The difference is in the resolution (1-to-1 mapping), and does not require line of sight (when used without PS Eye).

Need to look at the setup and preparation though. I don't think people have solved all the problems yet. But you don't need to address all of them to game anyway.

This product isn't coming out until 2010 as well..don't see your point?

Back