Pre-e3 2016 hype/predictions thread

You think MS will announce a Scorpio Holiday Season 2016 release, and then tragically suffer a few months delay, and then an unfortunate few months more, and then a problem sourcing something-or-other added delay, until it comes out a year later with lots of people having waited instead of getting PSWhatever? :p

Unless an impending scorpio announcement would overshadow PS4K talk/word-of-mouth blah blah.

Announcing it this early would be desperate (1+ year out), although not unprecedented like uh... PS3 and WiiU.

>_>
And Nintendo NX.

You think MS will announce a Scorpio Holiday Season 2016 release, and then tragically suffer a few months delay, and then an unfortunate few months more, and then a problem sourcing something-or-other added delay, until it comes out a year later with lots of people having waited instead of getting PSWhatever? :p
So pretty much follow the Sony PS3 launch playbook?

Unless an impending scorpio announcement would overshadow PS4K talk/word-of-mouth blah blah.

Announcing it this early would be desperate (1+ year out), although not unprecedented like uh... PS3 and WiiU.

>_>

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎

Don't forget specs downgrade from target 6tflops to ~5tflops

No , I'm expecting the neo to play them at proper frame rates without ATW and at higher resolutions to improve the fidelity of the games.

Let it go dude. :rolleyes:

The PS4 has been shown/verified playing PSVR games with consistent frame-rates and no noticeable screen tearing. Plus no puke... :barf:

The Neo for the most part will integrate all the needed breakout-box features on making PSVR connections more simplistic, than the cluster-fuck of wiring going on between it (PSVR) and PS4.

Last edited:
Just the act of desperation part. ;)

Listen , Not all games are magicly going to work on ps vr with no framerate isues because sony promised. We have triple A titles on the ps4 that don't run at steady frames and some times dropping to single frames .
Holy shit, must be the first time in 10 years I've agree with eastmen.
But noting his proven track record as beyond3d's least accurate predictor, perhaps I will be wrong :confused:, maybe the normal ps4 will be able to handle PSVR without dropping any frames

MS could announce Scorpio at E3, but only if they can announce the Slim at a sub $200 dollar price point and move the XBO into a complete value market. Should they announce Scorpio with XBO coming in at $299 I think we'd see sales drop significantly further than they are now.

The real question is what benefit MS would have from announcing Scorpio at E3, and more importantly why did Sony both acknowledge and confirm they were not showing it at E3. They gave information to MS, but why would they do that? To give MS some breathing room to not announce Scorpio? What are the intentions and what will MS do with this information.

From rumors I've been seeing on Reddit & NG I've about decided the hardware announcement will all be about the Slim with only slight mention of future hardware coming next year(no price, no name, no pics). I do think that they will talk a lot about VR though, probably just Occulus agreement & probably no pricing or date on it either. I also have a feeling they won't specifically talk about the Xbox Stick during keynote, but will be part of the broad E3 press release that gets talked about outside of the keynote. I feel it could ship in time with the W10 Anniversary update though. They will use the keynote to only talk & show games. Everything else they can talk about during Geoff Keighley's Live YouTube broadcast or their own Xbox @ E3 broadcasts. I think Microsoft will have 2/3 of the games that's already known, with about 1/3 dedicated to new games not already announced. Guess we'll see. ;)

Tommy McClain

They could always end with a teaser for Halo 6 - coming 2017 with exclusive Scropio VR features*.

*Also available on Xbox One and Windows 10 - some features may be limited or missing at launch.

;)

From rumors I've been seeing on Reddit & NG I've about decided the hardware announcement will all be about the Slim with only slight mention of future hardware coming next year(no price, no name, no pics). I do think that they will talk a lot about VR though, probably just Occulus agreement & probably no pricing or date on it either. I also have a feeling they won't specifically talk about the Xbox Stick during keynote, but will be part of the broad E3 press release that gets talked about outside of the keynote. I feel it could ship in time with the W10 Anniversary update though. They will use the keynote to only talk & show games. Everything else they can talk about during Geoff Keighley's Live YouTube broadcast or their own Xbox @ E3 broadcasts. I think Microsoft will have 2/3 of the games that's already known, with about 1/3 dedicated to new games not already announced. Guess we'll see. ;)

Tommy McClain

The rumors from Scorpio always said it would be announced later and not at e3. Announcing a fall 2017 console now would be silly.

I think they will wait for sony to announce and then go second. If they have the stronger system it really shouldn't matter to them.

Is Scorpio going to be like Neo, a minor addition where games play on the previous system too or is it simply another console? IF so, that will mean Next gen and that would have to be beefy. If it is a minor addition, then it better have a specific purpose like , I am guessing PSVR is for Neo, otherwise it will be market breaking.
What do the rumours say?

Is Scorpio going to be like Neo, a minor addition where games play on the previous system too or is it simply another console? IF so, that will mean Next gen and that would have to be beefy. If it is a minor addition, then it better have a specific purpose like , I am guessing PSVR is for Neo, otherwise it will be market breaking.
What do the rumours say?

Spencer said he doesn't want an xbox 1.5 that it would be a bigger jump.

Rumors are putting it between 6 and 10 tflops which would be a large jump up. Neo is rumored to be 4.4.

The difference is that Sony has a lot of rules on what you can and can't do with a neo copy of a game

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/sources-the-upgraded-playstation-4-is-codenamed-ne/1100-5437/

I think the biggest problem with the neo is the lack of ram. Its only going to have access to 512 megs more of space. I'm hoping Scorpio at least doubles system ram but there isn't really any info on that

This E3 will be more than fine even without new hardware announcements from big 3 [not counting Slim versions]. Neo should be announced weeks before it is out, Scorpio can wait for next E3 [if it is launching in late 2017 and is a true "nextgen" generational switch].

I expect lots of games, even more risky IPs from Sony 1st/2nd party [which is the reasons why I prefer them, their game library covers such wide array of experiences], and hopefully few big IP resurrections from 3rd parties [RDR2, RE7, etc].

The rumors from Scorpio always said it would be announced later and not at e3. Announcing a fall 2017 console now would be silly.

I think they will wait for sony to announce and then go second. If they have the stronger system it really shouldn't matter to them.

My idea is that Microsoft will hint at their plans for next year. But I don't think we'll get any confirmation on the details of the leak. "If you want the best VR, get our new system next year with Oculus Rift... blah blah". I think that's been their intention regardless of what Sony does. I think they already know how their system fares against Sony's. So yeah, they'll announce first even with Neo being sidelined. How they will compete against Sony this holiday? That's the big question. I guess the Slim is it & they'll ride it out till next year? Maybe. You'd think would try to fight somehow(price, cross-platform, etc), but maybe not. Will definitely be interesting to see how things turn out.

Tommy McClain

My idea is that Microsoft will hint at their plans for next year. But I don't think we'll get any confirmation on the details of the leak. "If you want the best VR, get our new system next year with Oculus Rift... blah blah". I think that's been their intention regardless of what Sony does. I think they already know how their system fares against Sony's. So yeah, they'll announce first even with Neo being sidelined. How they will compete against Sony this holiday? That's the big question. I guess the Slim is it & they'll ride it out till next year? Maybe. You'd think would try to fight somehow(price, cross-platform, etc), but maybe not. Will definitely be interesting to see how things turn out.

Tommy McClain

The slim + the streaming stick . Don't worry I'm sure both Neo and Scorpio will be announced before PSVR is out. I'm thinking October is when we will see Scorpio .

I
The slim + the streaming stick . Don't worry I'm sure both Neo and Scorpio will be announced before PSVR is out. I'm thinking October is when we will see Scorpio .

Agree about the Slim & streaming stick, but I don't see Scorpio being announced until next year. Makes no sense to announce it in October unless it ships this year, which it won't. Makes sense to announce Neo at TGS in September though. Gives PSVR a few months of spotlight before they announce Neo.

Tommy McClain

I

Agree about the Slim & streaming stick, but I don't see Scorpio being announced until next year. Makes no sense to announce it in October unless it ships this year, which it won't. Makes sense to announce Neo at TGS in September though. Gives PSVR a few months of spotlight before they announce Neo.

Tommy McClain

I dunno . It depends on when next year scorpio will release. If its fall then you could be right . If its earlier then it may not matter.

They can of course do their own press conference with holiday games for the xbox one and upcoming games and then just show off someone going up to a new xbox putting on a rift and playing a game and put general bullet points up like 6 tflops and X amount of ram and 4k gaming or something and put find out more at E3 2017 or something.

Back