Jvd, this is innapropriate

I agree, I was personally attacked in that forum (the thread, Political Pundent get's stomped), but I went ahead and stooped to that persons level and snapped back at them.

Attacking is generally not cool. I would rather knock somebody out that type out insults, but that's another story.

Unless specified in the forum rules, it should never happen. It's like one of those unwritten rules. While it can be good to release anger, you hurt your reputation when doing so... in your own mind and in others. I guess it depends on the person.

Anyway, it's just not cool. Don't smoke, stay in school, use protection and don't attack people in forums. 8)

I'm taking legal action against Jvd. ;) :LOL:

Seriously though, can Jvd push a ban on anyone on every forum who attack others?

This is getting to the point it's downright childish.

Yawn . I said that because the console forum is full of kids. I just want them out and I don't have the power to ban them .

I amend my comment .

If you want to attack someone go to ign.com or go take a cold shower.

Thanks for the vote of confidence in our forum, fearless leader. Perhaps you should try being part of the solution, and not the problem!

zurich said:
Thanks for the vote of confidence in our forum, fearless leader. Perhaps you should try being part of the solution, and not the problem!

Zurich I work very hard trying to keep that forum in line. I'm on it about 10 hours a day. I delete many posts . Edit many posts that have bad words in them . Stop flames before happening. I lock threads too. When they get outta hand . But as soon as i do something someone doesn't like thats it . Jvd isn't doing his job . Jvd is siding with this person. Really its very childish in that forum. There are many smart adults in there. Your one of them .But for the most part there are 6 or so people that just love pushing each others buttons and then all point the blame at one person. The problem is getting worse as they now seem to have a little group formed trying to get the other thrown out. So I'm going to discuss some things with sonic and see if we can't get the board back to what it was a few weeks ago. Becaue a few weeks ago it was such a great forum with no problems .

jvd said:
Yawn . I said that because the console forum is full of kids. I just want them out and I don't have the power to ban them .

I amend my comment .

So, you admit to taunting kids? I rest my case your honor.

Quinn1981 said:
jvd said:

I amend my comment .

So, you admit to taunting kids? I rest my case your honor.

Hmmm I never said anything like that .

I said the comment was wrong and so i changed it in the thread.

jvd said:
zurich said:

Zurich I work very hard trying to keep that forum in line. I'm on it about 10 hours a day. I delete many posts . Edit many posts that have bad words in them . Stop flames before happening. I lock threads too. When they get outta hand . But as soon as i do something someone doesn't like thats it . Jvd isn't doing his job . Jvd is siding with this person. Really its very childish in that forum. There are many smart adults in there. Your one of them .But for the most part there are 6 or so people that just love pushing each others buttons and then all point the blame at one person. The problem is getting worse as they now seem to have a little group formed trying to get the other thrown out. So I'm going to discuss some things with sonic and see if we can't get the board back to what it was a few weeks ago. Becaue a few weeks ago it was such a great forum with no problems .

Maybe you're working too hard. The board seemed fine when it didn't have active mods; we don't want it to become a nazi state. If you get too involved, no wonder people are attacking you.

Like I said earlier, what we need are more impartial mods, they should be anonymous.

I try to be as impartial as I can and tend to stay out of the arguments that sometimes escalate on the console forum. I agree that me and jvd as mods should step back and not get too involved. At least I don't think I'm all that involved. I will post when I can to contribute to the overall discussion and I do start threads to help discussion stay on a constructive manner.

Back