Image Quality and Framebuffer Speculations for WIP/alpha/beta/E3 games *Read the first post*

was pc version even announced? I find games that are normally lead on PS3 runs even better on PC. I think most of the optimization work done for RSX can carry over easily to PC. Like Tomb Raider underground which is based on the PS3 version (no object based motion blur) instead of 360 version.

I just got the magazine today that covers GTA5. In the magazine (pg 67) they distinctly point out it's running off the "RAGE" engine and the tool involved for the vast landscapes. they seem pretty enthusiastic about the switch.

no ware do they say it's ps3 lead or it's getting primary treatment. so it defaults to PC lead but with the console versions being priority or at least in this magazine. maybe pc version gets similar DX 11 treatment like max payen 3 for being separate i don't know, that is up in the air.

for everything else, i think i'm going to need a long time to read this 18 page coverage.:smile2:

did they say they saw the ps3 version at least? If not then might has been from somewhere else. I think I read that on GAF.

I believe he is confusing iD Tech 5 with the R* 'RAGE' engine due to the use of iD Tech 5 in the game named 'Rage'.

"face palm" possibly.....must associated it wrong.

but the rest i say is correct, the coverage is more about the game and less about the platforms or even thanking a specific platform.

http://www.examiner.com/article/new...atform-game-length-and-other-details-revealed
"There is no lead platform, they are developing the game at the same time for both PS3 and XBOX360"

Hope it also means PC not just console port

yeah, there you go. the development hasn't changed. it was probably assumed ps3 lead because of the three characters and big upgrades to the engine. they say you'll be able to switch characters in game play, so they'll most likely share mission objectives. with that said disc space could be no more than 2 discs for pc and 360.

pc will probably get some new dx11 stuff as part of being separate. but the console versions are so far top priority. looking forward to a demo in the coming months if they ever make one. for everything else, it's looking good.

glad to hear about the success for Absolution. it looks solid.

About GTA V, how certain are we that the footage is running on the playstation platform?

the multisampling does bare some similarities to the ps3 version of max payen 3, but what's to say that the pp AA hasn't made changes.

does post process AA annihilate or effect dithering?
2qx7wc5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
COPS N RAPPERS said:
Devil may cry Ps3 vs 360 (demo)
http://www.eurogamer.pt/articles/2012-11-22-comparacao-demo-dmc-devil-may-cry

ps3 looks a tad sharp in some places, 360 has better self shadows and Post AA. (a texture was in the middle of loading in one of 360's pics, here.)

ps3

Downloaded both. PS3 framerate I think is also unlocked. I tried only the first portion of the demos. Gameplay i believe is slightly faster in the PS3 but I could be wrong. Framerate during cut scenes is unstable and suffers. Didnt experience slowdowns during gameplay though. 360 maintains constant framerate in both cut scenes and gameplay

Can someone please confirm if this is 720p with AA just like Max Payne 3 (With Comparative screens)
Because if you remember what Rockstar said 4 years ago "The game is 1080p on PS3" marketing is so bad.

Can someone please confirm if this is 720p with AA just like Max Payne 3 (With Comparative screens)
Because if you remember what Rockstar said 4 years ago "The game is 1080p on PS3" marketing is so bad.

I don't remember anything about that, honestly.:???: I doubt R said something like this.

Back