Nvidia GT200b rumours and speculation thread

gtx260 default specs 576mhz/1242mhz
55nm gtx260 576mhz/2000mhz

same core freq but about 60% increase in shader clock what would that equate to in extra fps ?

I think 2000MHz is referring to the GDDR3.
Its frequency stays the same as 65nm’s, so there won’t be much difference in performance.

no. 2000 is memory, maybe shader is 1404.
;)

So, an extra 162MHz on the shader clock and 0.8ns GDDR3 in this Zotac model, hey ?
First out the gate and it's already factory-OC'ed...
Bodes well for the overclocking potential of this 55nm core. ;)

And the anti-bending GPU shim is back, too! Looks like the "tinner" PCB on this one is more deformation prone.

Wow memory modules are tightly packed. Im digging the blue PCB from Zotac though.

I thought the length of the GTX cards were 10.5 inches which is roughly 26.7cm? 28cm makes the PCB length 11inches. Expreview doesn't say anything about the PCb being shorter.

The only thing Im not digging atm is the fact that this will launch with the GTX260 name, with the spec of the old GTX260 216!

so if the 2000 is memory then it looks like theyve gained zero speed increase from going to 55nm

They aren't launching a new product so they obviously arent going to change the reference clocks. Wait for overclocking reports to come back or to see what additional headroom there is if any.

They aren't launching a new product so they obviously arent going to change the reference clocks. Wait for overclocking reports to come back or to see what additional headroom there is if any.

I thought it was pretty obvious that this change was about cost and manufacturing more than anything. There really is no reason for a new name to the 260 other than to call "2" or 216. Or whatever since the actual product isnt changing any. As if GPU product naming from Nvidia hasnt been confusing enough in the past.

If anything. Keeping things like this dumbs it down enough to make SLI easier to manage. And people to see that they are getting essentially the same product. Last thing I wanna see is another 8800GT/8800GTS/9800GT/9800GTX debacle. Remember about 6-8 months ago we were all complaining that the G92 products were too abundant and labeled inappropriately for all the differences they brought.

Moreover I didn't think TSMC's half-nodes brought much in the way of clocking headroom and power savings.

Maybe the manufacturing process didn't do much on its own. But there are also aspects of the design that could improve things in those areas. Wasnt the new 4GB Quadro card advertised with much lower TDP than the desktop GT200 parts?

Maybe the manufacturing process didn't do much on its own. But there are also aspects of the design that could improve things in those areas. Wasnt the new 4GB Quadro card advertised with much lower TDP than the desktop GT200 parts?
No, it was just random numbers thrown about.
The logical answer is realworld power consumption of the Quadro vs TDP of G200.

No, it was just random numbers thrown about.
The logical answer is realworld power consumption of the Quadro vs TDP of G200.

Random numbers bandied about by Nvidia themselves? On their spec sheet maximum TDP of the Quadro is much lower than that of the desktop 280 while running 50Mhz higher on the core and with 4x the memory. Like you said, Nvidia could simply be inconsistent in their reporting of TDP but all those dual chip rumours make no sense without big power savings.

Random numbers bandied about by Nvidia themselves? On their spec sheet maximum TDP of the Quadro is much lower than that of the desktop 280 while running 50Mhz higher on the core and with 4x the memory. Like you said, Nvidia could simply be inconsistent in their reporting of TDP but all those dual chip rumours make no sense without big power savings.

If there was anything they would have to be consistent with TDP's/power consumption, then it would be their expensive professional cards, i think.

Well, GT200B is said to be GTX285
http://www.donanimhaber.com/DH_Ozel__Nvidia_nin_GeForce_GTX_285_modeli_yolda-11965.htm

If Dual GTX260 is said to be GTX295 i wonder what name will get their 40nm refresh (GT212 / GT216) still based on GT2xx architecture? It`s clearly that GTX380 or GTX360 will be based on GT300 GPU and i don`t think they will push GT212 as GTX299 :D

GT200B's 216SP model at least is is still GTX260, Zotac branded theirs 260^2:
http://en.expreview.com/2008/12/05/first-look-of-55nm-geforce-gtx260.html

Well, GT200B is said to be GTX285
http://www.donanimhaber.com/DH_Ozel__Nvidia_nin_GeForce_GTX_285_modeli_yolda-11965.htm

If Dual GTX260 is said to be GTX295 i wonder what name will get their 40nm refresh (GT212 / GT216) still based on GT2xx architecture? It`s clearly that GTX380 or GTX360 will be based on GT300 GPU and i don`t think they will push GT212 as GTX299 :D

I guess they are going to jump a generation to the GTX3x0 or you still have the GTX290/270 monikers. I doubt the 40nm GT212/216 is as fast as the supposed GTX295.

If the new 55nm GT200 based GTX280 is GTX285, i think GTX265 would be the better name than GTX260^2 or anything along that line. Avoids confusion. Like how AMD ditched the 5 digit naming scheme (who ever came up with it should be shot), I do hope they go with the GTX2x5 to distinguish the 55nm models from the 65nm ones.

Its abit strange to see that the new PCB design isnt rectangular. They cut the side abit (on the side where the SLi connectors are).

http://en.expreview.com/2008/12/09/geforce-gtx295-with-480sp-surely-to-come-in-ces-09.html

I need to update the information about Dual-GPU GTX260 GX2 Officially Branded as GeForce GTX295. With the release date approaching, more details are visible now.

55nm GeForce GTX260 has aroused lots of attention. What if it’s GeForce GTX295?

Firstly, GeForce GTX295 VGA card will feature two GPUs of 55nm GT200. And the number of stream processors is 480 (240×2), not 216×2 as we reported. Besides, its memory bus width is 896 bit (448bitx2), and memory size is 1792MB DDR3 (896MBx2). It won’t adopt GDDR5, and its total power is 289W. GTX 295 will be launched on Jan 8th, exactly on the day when CES2009 starts.

The frequency and pricing of GeForce GTX295 are unknown yet. Judging from the above specifications, it isn’t dual-GPU GTX260 or dual-GPU GTX280. Anyway, it’s obvious that GeForce GTX295 is about to regain its performance dominance.

;)

Back